my thoughts

Booneville, MS

#24 Apr 28, 2012
Booneville had an unfortunant thing to happen this past week. People keep pointing fingers at the police department, but remember, they were called several times because of a problem. I do not think that the police just shot a man for no reason. I feel sympathetic for all of the Curtiss family, and I also feel for the police officers who are taking all of this criticism. Everyone is making speculation as to what happened...lets wait on the facts before we are so quick to judge.
Michael Scofield

United States

#25 Apr 28, 2012
Yeah he sounds like a great guy. Lol. This week was just a fluke.

Since: Apr 12

United States

#26 Apr 28, 2012
Resident wrote:
Who cares?
Just throw him in a ditch somewhere!!!
Why would you even say something like that it really has to be the most disrespect thing I've ever heard how about someone does that to your family how would you feel the curtiss family lost a father, brother son and people like you get on here and say dumb shit like that your a really sorry person I'm sure your family raised you better than that I spend most of my life around the curtiss family and David and Cheryl has always been kind loving people treated me like their own just like all the boys who was around their sons I was with them almost everyday of my childhood and everybody that grew up around them have grown up to be fine respectable people and some sorry trash like you post stuff like that I love David, Cheryl and the boys like they were my own family you people on here are gonna say what you want to anyway but unless you knew David like I did you should keep it to yourselfs think about how it hurts them to just have lost a loved one and then read this or have people talk about it everywhere think what you want about them because you don't really know the curtiss family knows the real David how much he love his wife and kids brothers and sisters and true friends but I better not find out who you are.

Drew Jessie Jordan Cheryl and the rest of the curtiss family I love you guy just my own family and thank you so much for the time I was blessed to spend with all of you your every second of it means the world to me I love you Dave you will never be forgotten you will be truly missed the whole curtiss family I will continue to pray for all of you stay strong and god bless
FoodForThought

Oxford, MS

#27 Apr 28, 2012
I have no doubt the family loved Mr. Curtiss and he them. No one disputes that. It just really bothers me that people want to "gloss over" the "issues" Mr. Curtiss had and slam good officers and blame the police for Mr. Curtiss's death.

Those who knew him want to point fingers at the cops, but they refuse to respond to the questions poster have had about Mr. Curtiss's recent actions - threats with a machete, a suicide attempt and threats with a KNIFE the very night he died.

They forget that is EX wife had divorced him and that he was not supposed to be around - which is why they called the cops.

I am not trying to speak ill of the dead, but give me a break. The man had a troubled, addicted existence that unfortunately led to his death.

Just because he is dead - don't try to rewrite history. It is what it is.
The Law

United States

#28 Apr 28, 2012
ALL AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that his family, his young children should have to pay for their father's mistakes????? Don't help if you don't want to! As far as taking food trays and etc... to other needy people, I do that too. I just know that if the man has lived a life addicted to drugs or whatever problems he may have had, that this has more than likely left his young children without anything. I also just think it would be the right thing to do. Again, if you disagree and want to start another topic to help others, go for it!!!! And for all the others, I'm not trying to make him a hero. It's his children and wife that will end up paying if others don't help. Do you really think they have the funds to bury him?
The family is responsible for burying him. There are no tax dollars or said govt organization to bury anyone without the funds to do so. The family should have been trying to get David help before this happened. They knew how out of control yet enabled hom to continue. No the family is poor. I'm sure they don't have funds to bury him. But they surely have friends n a few fam members who can pitch in. He will be buried and I'm sure the family will have it covered someway!!!! I would not donate because David was in the wrong. His bad decisions led to his death. I'm sure people will be using this trying to get more free handouts. It's sad that people do that. And it's even sadder that those that truly need donating to aren't recognized!!!
Shane

United States

#29 Apr 28, 2012
Resident wrote:
Who cares?
Just throw him in a ditch somewhere!!!
Come on down to pontotoc county I got a big just big enough for you
Shane

Tuscaloosa, AL

#30 Apr 28, 2012
Come on down to pontotoc county I got a ditch just big enough for ya
ALL AMERICAN

United States

#31 Apr 28, 2012
The Law wrote:
<quoted text>
The family is responsible for burying him. There are no tax dollars or said govt organization to bury anyone without the funds to do so. The family should have been trying to get David help before this happened. They knew how out of control yet enabled hom to continue. No the family is poor. I'm sure they don't have funds to bury him. But they surely have friends n a few fam members who can pitch in. He will be buried and I'm sure the family will have it covered someway!!!! I would not donate because David was in the wrong. His bad decisions led to his death. I'm sure people will be using this trying to get more free handouts. It's sad that people do that. And it's even sadder that those that truly need donating to aren't recognized!!!

THE LAW is the people, or that's what I was taught about "We the People". The police are suppose to carry out the law, not rewrite it, not to try to be above the law. Do you know for fact that the family didn't try to get Mr. Curtis help in the past? How could people misuse this if this thread stated to contact the funeral home if they wanted to help. Also, if you don't want to donate, don't. And as far as you judging Mr. Curtis or anyone, Sin is sin, and God will judge us all at our death. According to his word, gossiping is a sin, judging is supposed to be Jesus's job. With that, I hope one can see that we all have violated the true law. It's still going to be hard to explain how MR. Curtis was first tased, then either shot immediately, or shortly thereafter. P.S. I have nothing against Mr. McCoy, he's always been nothing but polite to me. I hope for his sake that the investigation can somehow justify his actions. Again, this thread was simply meant as a good gesture to help people in need. If it doesn't meet your standards, too bad. If you don't like that the police and all other Americans have limited rights, I suggest that you consider moving to Russia, China, Iran,or.... You or noone else has the power to change our rights guaranteed under the Constitution.
The Eye

Booneville, MS

#32 Apr 28, 2012
hmm... seems as if The Great town of Booneville is full of the uninformed. Wonder if the curtiss family started any of these pages, or topics themselves.... I dont think so. Speaking for a number of people here i will say this... Nothing but ignorance would justify some of the comments on either of the pages about Dave curtiss on this site. Be men and accept the obvious. A man lost his life. Nothing can be done to take that back.
If anyone of you were to be in the familys position you as well would be angry, its only human. As a reminder this site is heavily watched so you all mite want to mind what you say.
E.D

United States

#33 Apr 28, 2012
This family was more interested in talking to a lawyer before they even thought abt burying this man!!! I know bc I was eating at the same chinese place they was eating the day after. And I over heard them talkin. It was the woman and the nephew that spoke on the tv interview and all they was talking abt was talking to the lawyer that morning and how they was goin to make the city pay. They are looking to collect a huge payday and never once mentioned how they ws going to bury him. I know how this game works and I don't believe any of the family or the son for that matter when they say how good a man he was. Cut the bull crap!!! Everyone in booneville knew how this man was and the only reason why all of these family members are laying on so thick is bc the lawyer has told them to not say anything derogatory abt David. I know bc when my father was killed in an accident that was work related, they told me not to even say we ever got mad at one another or any of his faults bc it wld or cld b used against the case!!!! Fact!!!!
Missy

United States

#34 Apr 28, 2012
[QUOTE who="E.D"]This family was more interested in talking to a lawyer before they even thought abt burying this man!!! I know bc I was eating at the same chinese place they was eating the day after. And I over heard them talkin. It was the woman and the nephew that spoke on the tv interview and all they was talking abt was talking to the lawyer that morning and how they was goin to make the city pay. They are looking to collect a huge payday and never once mentioned how they ws going to bury him. I know how this game works and I don't believe any of the family or the son for that matter when they say how good a man he was. Cut the bull crap!!! Everyone in booneville knew how this man was and the only reason why all of these family members are laying on so thick is bc the lawyer has told them to not say anything derogatory abt David. I know bc when my father was killed in an accident that was work related, they told me not to even say we ever got mad at one another or any of his faults bc it wld or cld b used against the case!!!! Fact!!!![/QUOTE]Exactly!!! I've said all along the first thing that comes from the family's mouth is money money money!!! Of course they will not say anything bad about him!!! The family has never had anything due to there constant drug use and having to constantly pay for there mistakes!!! I've lived by them. I've hung out with them. Once I learned how they were I qui n I moved b/c if all the drama tgey caused. They r more consumed with trying to get money nstead of the loved one they lost!!! But there is no case here. You'll see. Won't be long now and the family will hear that David was shot due to his mistakes made on Monday night. Period.
u dont know nothing

Tupelo, MS

#35 Apr 28, 2012
storey wrote:
I thinks it's great people are willing to help with this. And I would if I could, but getting on here and bashing this man and his family is despicable. Every family has issues, but they are no one's business. I know this is Booneville and you are all a bunch of nosey a-holes but the least you could do is show a little respect for the victim and family. I can promise you trash talkers wouldn't have the balls to say any of that shit to his sons face. But you hide behind your screen name and say this stuff. I pray the family gets through this tough time and I pray that none of you ever have to go through this.
i bet they bet they wont say it to my face either yes im family im his nephew
u dont know nothing

Tupelo, MS

#36 Apr 28, 2012
Missy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly!!! I've said all along the first thing that comes from the family's mouth is money money money!!! Of course they will not say anything bad about him!!! The family has never had anything due to there constant drug use and having to constantly pay for there mistakes!!! I've lived by them. I've hung out with them. Once I learned how they were I qui n I moved b/c if all the drama tgey caused. They r more consumed with trying to get money nstead of the loved one they lost!!! But there is no case here. You'll see. Won't be long now and the family will hear that David was shot due to his mistakes made on Monday night. Period.
see you running your mouth overheard nothing bout money honey yea how he was gonna be buried so shut your mouth
trevor

Memphis, TN

#37 Apr 29, 2012
Ppl in bville know everything!! Especially the wealthy!! Doesn't take much to get out of anything around there if you know the right ppl or have the "right" last name, getting out of that POS town was the beat decision Iever made. Everyone is nosey and judgmental even though it's not their place. Always have their nose in everything. Most corrupt law enforcement ever, but they are "watching" me so I better be careful, shaking in my boots....this isn't a topic to post your negative views or judgement on Dave or tell us how superior you are as a law enforcement officer, the city of bville gets enough of that everyday, it's a topic to HELP a family in need and if you don't want a part in that get the f*ck off of here!!! No one who cares about Dave gives a sh*t about your judgmental, shallow minded opinions or bashes
Hannah

United States

#38 Apr 29, 2012
I swear everyone that has talked negative on this topix will NOT SAY THIS TO ANY OF THE CURTISS boys!. Y'all have to hide behind a damn computer with a fake ass name!. I LOVE the Curtiss family they are just like my own family!. I would give every last penny I had to my name to help them out!. And who ever said throw him in a ditch?. Yeah I hope u burn in hell!. Or wait when u die I hope they throw you in a damn ditch!. Your all sorry for downing this family!. Maybe one someone special in your family gets killed or dies people want talk shit about them!. Because I bet you wouldn't like it one freaking bit!!. It's about time y'all grow up and have respect for people that just lost a loved one!!. David was a sweet man and wouldn't hurt anyone!. You can't judge anyone by there past that's why it's called the PAST!. so when y'all decide to stop hiding behind a fake ass name and put your real name on here the. Let's see how many of y'all talk shit!. GROW THE HE'LL UP!!.
BStevens

United States

#39 Apr 29, 2012
Maybe ppl would stop downing the Curtiss family if they shut the hell up downing the laws and take responsibility. For there on action. He was the reason the laws was called out there for. If yall want respect then show respect to the laws. THANK YOU.
ALL AMERICAN

United States

#41 Apr 29, 2012
BStevens wrote:
Maybe ppl would stop downing the Curtiss family if they shut the hell up downing the laws and take responsibility. For there on action. He was the reason the laws was called out there for. If yall want respect then show respect to the laws. THANK YOU.
No thanks will ever be sent your way because this was a simple thread about helping a family in need. It is obvious that you don't want to help. Good, don't! Do you have a clue as to the meaning of staying on topic. It means you write about the main idea. Incase you missed the main idea of this thread it was, "Curtis Family and Funeral Expense". The small minded people as always in Prentiss County, you all want to judge everyone else when we all have wrong in our own families, but that seems to be swept under the rug. Then you all go to church and hear the same message about God is the only judge. When will this simplistic statement from the Bible let you all know that God is still trying to tell you he is the judge? Wake-up and listen to the sermon sometime. You just might realize who he is talking to. Yes, I still stayed somewhat on topic. Help those in need and let God judge.
CaliLivin

San Diego, CA

#42 Apr 29, 2012
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
as I hope they do you when you pass!
Agreed!!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#43 Apr 29, 2012
Judge Not wrote:
I read this link thinking it was intended to help a grieving family, but some of you have been down right heartless & ugly! You also seem to have the preconceived notion that this family is, for lack of better wording, lazy white trash. THEY ARE NOT!!! As a matter of fact, they are far from it! Both David & Cheryl worked their fingers to the bone to provide for their boys & their boys did not go without anything, including love that so many of you on here are severly lacking. I worked with Cheryl for years. She never missed a day of work, even when she was sick or her hands were so swollen she could barely move them. Their boys were always fed, clean & dressed nicely. Her house was always emmaculate even with a houseful of kids always there; some hers, some not, but it didn't matter who they belonged to, she fed them & was good to them just the same. I guess that's why most of the kids her boys' ages all call her "Mama Cheryl". And as far as their children go, you could not ask for more handsome & polite young men. Drew served our country as a Marine & Jesse wanted to, but it upset his mother so badly, he changed his plan to keep her from worry. Does that sound like white trash to you? As far as David goes, he was a sweetheart who loved his wife & boys, but just like the rest of us, he was no saint. I believe Jesus is the only one who falls into that category. And for the record, I had much rather be thrown into a ditch with David Curtiss when I die than share an elaborate funeral home with the heartless & ugly person who made that statement.
So wonderfully put !!!
country boy

Tuscaloosa, AL

#44 Apr 30, 2012
Why should we help when one of his sons was ridin round booneville and rode thru walmart revvin up his new truck he had money to buy that and waste gas then why should we

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blonde that works At Exxon on Hwy... 3 hr just asking 4
Lindsay Phar 5 hr Curious 39
Biggest shi* talkers 5 hr booblah 2
ole miss (*< -- - - =======8 msu 6 hr dumb 13
Illegal activity in booneville 6 hr haha 21
booneville cops fired 6 hr haha 8
William Warren 7 hr Pwezzy48 19
•••
•••
•••