serial killer from booneville

Posted in the Booneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jelly bean

Toccoa, GA

#1 Oct 24, 2007
Does everyone remember Donald Harvey? He killed a whole bunch of people in what they called mercy killings. It happened between the 1970's into the eithies. The murders happened in london ky and in ohio, mostly hospitals, I thought it was just hospitals but I found a website that told a whole story about him go to this website: http://www.serialkillercalendar.com/Detailed-...

Its almost like everyone has forgotten. Lets reminise on the past....what other murder cases originated from booneville?
Firefly

Mckee, KY

#3 May 14, 2008
my mother knew him,she was raised up around him,and went to school with him and her brothers and sisters also, they all played together as children. Who knew he would grow up to kill people.Hes even eat in my grandmas house years ago as a child.Its scary to think about what could of happened!

Since: Sep 08

Pikeville, KY

#4 Sep 29, 2008
I think my mom knew him too. I read about him in some book once. It seems like he's the most well known/most talked about serial killer from Booneville.
TMT

Virgie, KY

#5 Oct 1, 2008
The toybox killer's daughter lives in Beattyville
Do Tell

Salyersville, KY

#6 Oct 30, 2008
I did hear about the toybox killer. I heard that the daughter in it is living in Beattyville and is in process of working on that old pizza building going up Beattyville hill where the beauty shop was. Do you know anything else??
kyLuckyStar

Booneville, KY

#7 Oct 31, 2008
I've never heard of the toybox killer, please tell me more
Mistque

Virgie, KY

#8 Oct 31, 2008
he would use his daughter to lure girls home and he had a room full of torture devices. He would torture them for days before killing them. He died in jail
sally

Louisville, KY

#9 Oct 31, 2008
his daughter's name is Glenda Jean Ray, i've done some sluething i looked on yellowpages and tried to search for that name in beattyville but didn't find anything. i would say she would have had her name changed though... i also did a people search and it said there was a Glenda "L" Ray in beattyville... i am afraid!!! what if there is a murderer living just a few miles down the road and starting a restaurant to kill people with poisonous pepperoni pizzas... omg i am never going tto beattyville again!
sally

Louisville, KY

#10 Oct 31, 2008
oh yeah my dad knew donald harvey too, he has class picture and everything of him...CREEPY!!! harvey lived down hwy 846 where that house up on the stilts is at... just down the road from you shauna!!!
Info

Kimper, KY

#11 Nov 1, 2008
You can find the story about in on truetv.com The daughter in living in Beattyville and has her own buisness doing artistic concrete. However the work she is doing on the old Pizza place isn't for her she has been hired by the lady that owns it to do repairs to it. Her name she is using is Jean Rae. You really need to read the info on that site it is acutally chapters from a book that was written about the whole ordeal. very interesting and VERY SCARY!!!

Since: Sep 08

Pikeville, KY

#12 Nov 1, 2008
sally wrote:
oh yeah my dad knew donald harvey too, he has class picture and everything of him...CREEPY!!! harvey lived down hwy 846 where that house up on the stilts is at... just down the road from you shauna!!!
how did you know where i live?:-o lol
AllKnowing

Booneville, KY

#13 Nov 2, 2008
sally wrote:
his daughter's name is Glenda Jean Ray, i've done some sluething i looked on yellowpages and tried to search for that name in beattyville but didn't find anything. i would say she would have had her name changed though... i also did a people search and it said there was a Glenda "L" Ray in beattyville... i am afraid!!! what if there is a murderer living just a few miles down the road and starting a restaurant to kill people with poisonous pepperoni pizzas... omg i am never going tto beattyville again!
She does live in Beattyville. Her name is Glenda "Jessy" Ray and she helped the toy box killer with some of his evil doings. She was convicted but got probation. She works with creative concrete in Beattyville. Her mother is Glenda Blood.
kyLuckyStar

Booneville, KY

#14 Nov 3, 2008
Her mother's name is Blood? What is the name of the book about the toy box killer?
Just the Facts

Lebanon, OH

#15 Nov 3, 2008
sally wrote:
You don't have to go to Beattyville to be murdered, you can stay right in Booneville, wasn't there several people murdered in Owsley County a couple years ago, was anyone ever charged with those murders? There was a Rice man murdered there about 8-10 years ago and no one was ever charged nor was the murder even investigated, in the 1970's Gordon Smith was killed and no investigation was done, Pearl Barrett was killed in Owsley and no one was charged, wasn't Kenneth & Wayne Frost both murdered, who served time for that? So you really don't have to go to Beattyville to be murdered, you can stay right in Booneville and no one will even go to jail for your murder.
Just the Facts

Lebanon, OH

#16 Nov 3, 2008
Would be interesting to actually know how many cases are out there unsolved
- Murder of Danny McDaniel on 9/19/2002 in Owsley County, KY
-murder of Daniel "Whitey" Mayes 3/24/1997 in Owsley County, KY
-Brenda Sue Davidson 11/06/1988 in Owsley County, KY
-Michael Dale Davidson 11/06/1988 in Owsley County, KY
88t-bird

Mckee, KY

#17 Nov 3, 2008
lol for the most part that is true but my Uncle went to prison for his crime in November (1986)!!
AllKnowing

Booneville, KY

#18 Nov 3, 2008
Is Donald Harvey your uncle?
88t-bird

Mckee, KY

#19 Nov 3, 2008
lol no..I was commenting on the person who said that u can murder in Owsley county and not go to jail! Sorry if it sounded like I was saying that(Donald Harvey) was related!! I should have been more clear on that!!
concerned citizen

Booneville, KY

#20 Nov 21, 2008
Don'T forget the triple murder back in may
2005 when geary boogerman peters and fanny-may mcthosh and billy ray Trey.
I just don't see haw people gets by with murdering
three people.
something needs to be done about this there are three family's going trow HELL right now.
they need to be something done but in Bonneville.
thay could do more i know this was a ha nus murders and thay need to be cout will its in god hands he will take care of it in time he always dous.
concerned citizen

Booneville, KY

#21 Nov 21, 2008
Don'T forget the triple murder back in may
2005 when geary boogerman peters and fanny-may mcthosh and billy ray Trey.
I just don't see haw people gets by with murdering
three people.
something needs to be done about this there are three family's going trow HELL right now.
they need to be something done but in Bonneville.
they could do more i know this was a ha nus murders and they need to be cot will its in god hands he will take care of it in time he always does no one should be murder like that no one deserves to die like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need to report a meth lab 4 hr Shocked 20
Tiny tim bishop (Feb '14) 5 hr sinner 21
gail baker (Apr '13) 15 hr old timer 3
Darci tyrell Hollan (Jan '13) 19 hr Yup this is darci 126
Mary Couch Mcintosh The Biggest Goddam Thief In... Dec 24 Caroline 7
Frist of Month dead beats?? Dec 22 worker 31
Sandra Begley Dec 19 big boy chris 2
Booneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web