Indictment accuses five people of fun...

Indictment accuses five people of funneling pills into Owsley.

Posted in the Booneville Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Horrible

Pikeville, KY

#1 May 29, 2011
Five people took part in a conspiracy to funnel thousands of pain pills into Owsley County from Florida, a federal grand jury has charged.

Marvin Reed, Jason Reed, Thomas Little, Kristi Rae Davis and Donald W. Terry face up to 20 years in prison if convicted, or 30 years if they have a prior felony, according to the indictment.

They were indicted Thursday. They pleaded not guilty.

The case developed after Georgia police stopped Little and Davis as they returned from Florida on May 15 and found 3,278 oxycodone pills in Little's truck, according to an affidavit sworn out by Richard Dalrymple, an officer on a U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration task force.

Little told authorities he was taking the pills to the Reeds in Booneville, who together had provided $45,000 to buy the pills in Florida, according to the affidavit.

Little agreed to cooperate, arranging for Marvin and Jason Reed to pick up the pills, according to the statement.

DEA agents arrested the two May 17 when they came to pick up the pills, Dalrymple said.

Little said he had made three previous trips for pills in the month before he was arrested, bringing back more than 2,000 each time.

Terry was accused of going to Florida with Little and Davis to get pills.

The court file shows that three local elected officials submitted letters, using their office letterhead, in support of Marvin Reed's request to be released on bond: Judge-Executive Ronnie DeBord, Magistrate Jesse Bishop Jr., and county Clerk Sid Gabbard.

"I have personally known Marvin Reed, for the majority of his life," DeBord's letter said. "He has always been a good person. I will vouch for him that he will appear in court when told to. He won't be any trouble."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/05/28/1755477/in...
whatever

Booneville, KY

#2 May 29, 2011
And your getting much enjoyment in running this in the ground. Glad such stuff makes a trouble making sh*t stirrer so happy.
Horrible

Pikeville, KY

#3 May 29, 2011
Oh yes I am. It's pathetic that a judge would try to bail a drug dealer out of jail. Absolutely pathetic and a shit stirrer? I don't remember telling DeBord to help the guy out. It's a problem and he's allowing it. Good vote guys, good vote!
Citizen

Booneville, KY

#4 May 29, 2011
Horrible wrote:
Oh yes I am. It's pathetic that a judge would try to bail a drug dealer out of jail. Absolutely pathetic and a shit stirrer? I don't remember telling DeBord to help the guy out. It's a problem and he's allowing it. Good vote guys, good vote!
When did drug dealers get to be "GOOD PEOPLE"...
Horrible

Pikeville, KY

#5 May 29, 2011
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>When did drug dealers get to be "GOOD PEOPLE"...
Who said anything about the Reed guy being a good person? I'm totally against it.
facts

Booneville, KY

#6 May 29, 2011
just because he got caught selling drugs does not make him a bad person. their are very few jobs around here maybe he had to sell drugs to provide for his family. so don't judge.
BeBo

Booneville, KY

#7 May 29, 2011
facts wrote:
just because he got caught selling drugs does not make him a bad person. their are very few jobs around here maybe he had to sell drugs to provide for his family. so don't judge.
He could have worked, just like the rest of us. Sell drugs to provide for his family? Ignorant statement. He was going for the easy money.
BeBo

Booneville, KY

#8 May 29, 2011
And selling drugs (whether or not you get caught) DOES make you a bad person. It makes you a piece of scum-sucking shit.
Horrible

Pikeville, KY

#9 May 29, 2011
BeBo wrote:
And selling drugs (whether or not you get caught) DOES make you a bad person. It makes you a piece of scum-sucking shit.
Agree!!
Citizen

Booneville, KY

#10 May 29, 2011
Horrible wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!!
Absolutely, and elected officials upholding drug dealers discusting. Glad I'm not their judge, I would give them life for all the families and childrens lives they have destroyed.All the heartache and deaths, broken homes, etc. etc.
Citizen

Booneville, KY

#11 May 29, 2011
facts wrote:
Poor defense!!!!!
Citizen

Booneville, KY

#12 May 29, 2011
Horrible wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about the Reed guy being a good person? I'm totally against it.
Agree with you!!
We would like to know

AOL

#13 May 29, 2011
What happened?
lex herald

Booneville, KY

#14 May 29, 2011
BeBo wrote:
<quoted text>
He could have worked, just like the rest of us. Sell drugs to provide for his family? Ignorant statement. He was going for the easy money.
exactly!
Makes You Think

Chesterfield, MO

#15 May 29, 2011
Hmmm.. Makes you wonder, Ronnie DeBord, Magistrate Jesse Bishop Jr., and county Clerk Sid Gabbard all have taken the time to get down on there knees an beg our State to release a drug dealer.. Gee wonder how much money they had gave to them to do their running to FL.. We all know the deal with good ol Sid.. Taken money that wasn't his, and was investigated himself... What trash we have running our county.. Yeah this place needs to be cleaned up.. You catch the garbage and wanna let it back out.. Good Job Guys.. Heck lets let the other ones out too.. They are all good people.. Why does the Fed's even try to help out this poor county.. SO OUR CHILDREN CAN HAVE A SAFE AND CLEAN FUTURE.. Let them do their jobs...
IMAO

Pikeville, KY

#16 May 29, 2011
facts wrote:
LOL I have to sit here and laugh. How can you uphold someone that is a drug dealer. I hope they all rot in jail. Thats where they should be. Yes they have kids and for them I am sorry. I am not sorry for the wives that knew about it and loved the money coming in. Its about time this county was cleaned up and I think the officials that wanted to help "poor old drug dealer Marvin" out should go spend time with him...they uphold him...are they backing him?
hmmmm why

Booneville, KY

#17 May 29, 2011
You all should come out to the next fiscal court meeting and let your voices be heard... but that would probably reveal who you are....but that dont matter, im sure any or all of you dont mind telling it to someones face just like you tell it on here, right?
come on out...i dare you.
Yup

Pikeville, KY

#18 May 29, 2011
People in this community are idiots. Trying to pull for Marvin? What? Is he scared that Marvin might know something on him and if he doesn't get him out of trouble he might tell it? Hmmmm.....
lmao

Booneville, KY

#19 May 29, 2011
thats a true statement if i have ever heard it my friend him and michael probably screwed he will never catch a vote in this town next year.he will be buying votes
pathetic

Booneville, KY

#20 May 29, 2011
I am totally against upholding drug dealers. The ones that help them makes you wonder why. sounds funny to me..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Young 18 min Deserve it 3
Cry Baby Hearld 1 hr Chris 6
Rodney smith 8 hr Brenda 4
The Night Life 10 hr open until dark 4
Life wireless 10 hr why? 2
Read This?? Thu affair 2
Samantha Ann Ratliff Wed Class_of_2k16 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Booneville Mortgages