First Prev
of 2
Next Last
YES

Booneville, KY

#1 Aug 7, 2011
The Miami-Beattyville Connection
By The Beattyville Enterprise
The federal probe into drug trafficking from Florida to Owsley County expanded last week when eight more people were indicted. Molik Ali Alston, 41 of Miami Gardens, Fla., Josh Terry, 25 of Beattyville, Tony Gibson, 22, Cameron Herald, 31, Jesse Herald, 58, Jimmy Miller, 35, Phyllis Reed, 65, and John White, 21, all of Booneville were indicted Thursday, July 28, for allegedly conspiring “with each other and others to knowingly and intentionally distribute a quantity of pills containing oxycodone.”
The alleged offense occurred between August 2010 and July 7, 2011, according to the indictment filed in U. S. District Court in London.
The eight join Marvin Reed, 33, Jason Reed, 37, Kirsti Davis, 24, Thomas Little 49, and Donald Terry, 46, all of Booneville and Elisa Alston, 40, and George Darden, 45, of Miami Gardens, Fla. who were indicted in late May and early June.
According to court documents, the Floridians supplied thousands of pills to the Owsley Countians over the period.
Kirsti Davis, Thomas Little and Donald Terry are alleged to have traveled to south Florida, where they would meet Elisa Alston. Pills and money were exchanged, and the drugs would then be transported back to Owsley County.
Marvin Reed and Jason Reed are alleged to have supplied thousands of dollars for the pills.
Affidavits from Drug Enforcement Agency agents have described the transactions, and the ultimate arrests of the first seven.
Such affidavits accompany complaints, but no complaints against the new eight defendants are in the court files. Their alleged involvement is not described.
Each defendant faces up to 20 years in prison, a $1 million fine and three years of supervised release. If they have any felony drug convictions, they could get 30 years, a $2 million fine and six years of supervised release.
Their trial is scheduled to begin Sept. 26 in London.
Disqus
Dislike
2 people liked this.
Login
Bandit

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Aug 7, 2011
A great victory for society.
Ridiculous

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2011
This is a shame, writing article after article about all this stuff. Its hard enough for the ppl who love them to try to deal with what they are "accused of doing" then they gotta turn around and read it n the papers everytime they go to court. What about the kids they have a hard enough time with ppl talking about it and then they see it in the papers.
Well

Booneville, KY

#4 Aug 7, 2011
If so many people love them why did they not try to stop them. Come on GET REAL! They played the game and lost big time. Now it's time to pay up. Maybe this bust will save a few lives. Don't you get it? These drugs are killing a whole generation.
YES

Booneville, KY

#5 Aug 7, 2011
Ridiculous wrote:
This is a shame, writing article after article about all this stuff. Its hard enough for the ppl who love them to try to deal with what they are "accused of doing" then they gotta turn around and read it n the papers everytime they go to court. What about the kids they have a hard enough time with ppl talking about it and then they see it in the papers.
Geez. You expect someone to feel sorry for drug dealers and their kids. What about the families of the people killed by their drug dealing. Drug dealers are murderers!!! It is what it is.
WTF

Booneville, KY

#6 Aug 7, 2011
YES wrote:
The Miami-Beattyville Connection
By The Beattyville Enterprise
The federal probe into drug trafficking from Florida to Owsley County expanded last week when eight more people were indicted. Molik Ali Alston, 41 of Miami Gardens, Fla., Josh Terry, 25 of Beattyville, Tony Gibson, 22, Cameron Herald, 31, Jesse Herald, 58, Jimmy Miller, 35, Phyllis Reed, 65, and John White, 21, all of Booneville were indicted Thursday, July 28, for allegedly conspiring “with each other and others to knowingly and intentionally distribute a quantity of pills containing oxycodone.”
The alleged offense occurred between August 2010 and July 7, 2011, according to the indictment filed in U. S. District Court in London.

The eight join Marvin Reed, 33, Jason Reed, 37, Kirsti Davis, 24, Thomas Little 49, and Donald Terry, 46, all of Booneville and Elisa Alston, 40, and George Darden, 45, of Miami Gardens, Fla. who were indicted in late May and early June.
According to court documents, the Floridians supplied thousands of pills to the Owsley Countians over the period.
Kirsti Davis, Thomas Little and Donald Terry are alleged to have traveled to south Florida, where they would meet Elisa Alston. Pills and money were exchanged, and the drugs would then be transported back to Owsley County.
Marvin Reed and Jason Reed are alleged to have supplied thousands of dollars for the pills.
Affidavits from Drug Enforcement Agency agents have described the transactions, and the ultimate arrests of the first seven.
Such affidavits accompany complaints, but no complaints against the new eight defendants are in the court files. Their alleged involvement is not described.
Each defendant faces up to 20 years in prison, a $1 million fine and three years of supervised release. If they have any felony drug convictions, they could get 30 years, a $2 million fine and six years of supervised release.
Their trial is scheduled to begin Sept. 26 in London.
Disqus
Dislike
2 people liked this.
Login
Does anyone else find it interesting that we have to find out the news in Owsley from the Beattyville Enterprise?
This is like finding out that FEMA is buying property on Lerose soon according to the enterprise severeal months ago...not the Booneville Sentenil
Recovering

Raccoon, KY

#7 Aug 7, 2011
I for one was touched by the plague these people spread. I got help (detox and rehab) and am living a recovered life. I have to say it was the first round of busts that encouraged me to get help. This kind of thing truly saves lives and it has saved mine.
If you need help, it is out there. Unite will send you to rehab for FREE get ahold of the OC Action Team. Also, Narcotics Anonymous meetings are in Owsley County and Lee County.
Ridiculous

United States

#8 Aug 7, 2011
YES wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez. You expect someone to feel sorry for drug dealers and their kids. What about the families of the people killed by their drug dealing. Drug dealers are murderers!!! It is what it is.
The kids cannot help what has happened, and some of the ppl that love them didn't have a clue of what they are "accused of" doing.
Well

Booneville, KY

#9 Aug 8, 2011
Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids cannot help what has happened, and some of the ppl that love them didn't have a clue of what they are "accused of" doing.
These parents should have thought about their kids instead of padding their pockets . How many people have to die before you people get it??????????
Story

Booneville, KY

#10 Aug 8, 2011
Well wrote:
<quoted text>These parents should have thought about their kids instead of padding their pockets . How many people have to die before you people get it??????????
totally agree.
crazy

Hazard, KY

#11 Aug 13, 2011
Ridiculous wrote:
Their is a thing called freedom of speech and if the people do the crime they shouldnt be shocked to see it in papers or in local gossip. The crimes were done and their gonna have to get used to the fact that people are going to talk about it till the next big thing comes along whether it is right or not that is smalltown gossip. People in Lee county cant handle the truth when something is posted about them I guess owsley co is the same way if you dont want to be talked about dont screw up!
Kayla

Richmond, KY

#12 Aug 15, 2011
YES wrote:
<quoted text>Geez. You expect someone to feel sorry for drug dealers and their kids. What about the families of the people killed by their drug dealing. Drug dealers are murderers!!! It is what it is.
You may not feel sorry for Our families that did this and you don't have to be sorry for us children either. But we knew nothing about this, so don't judge us for what mistakes our families done.
Kayla

Richmond, KY

#13 Aug 15, 2011
Recovering wrote:
I for one was touched by the plague these people spread. I got help (detox and rehab) and am living a recovered life. I have to say it was the first round of busts that encouraged me to get help. This kind of thing truly saves lives and it has saved mine.
If you need help, it is out there. Unite will send you to rehab for FREE get ahold of the OC Action Team. Also, Narcotics Anonymous meetings are in Owsley County and Lee County.
My ass your recovered. Don't blame your drug problem on my dad. Nobody made ur ass stick a needle in ur arm or snort a pill. If you wanted to get help that was u, nobody else can help u unless you want it.
Recovered

Raccoon, KY

#14 Aug 16, 2011
Kayla wrote:
<quoted text>
My ass your recovered. Don't blame your drug problem on my dad. Nobody made ur ass stick a needle in ur arm or snort a pill. If you wanted to get help that was u, nobody else can help u unless you want it.
Never once did I speak of your dad. Don't even know him. But I do have one thing to say. I AM recovered. I have been clean for almost 90 days, not a long time, but a lifetime to me.

I never said anyone made me do drugs. But it was the busts that ENCOURAGED me to get help. Read the post the next time.

IT IS A PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!! An infection of sorts, spread over this area like a dark cloud. If you are associated with selling or know about someone selling, and you don't do anything about it, you are an ENABLER. You LET it happen, if you don't speak out.

I tell my story so other people can know that there is hope. If you want to get help you can. Narcotics Anonymous meetings are available to those that want help in Lee and Owsley County. If you are ready and willing to admit that you are powerless to drugs or alcohol, then you are ready to take certain steps.

Some people don't want us to be recovered. But we are. And I will share my story as long as I can talk and my fingers can type.

Since: Mar 10

Booneville, KY

#15 Aug 16, 2011
If you are so willing to tell your story, why don’t you tell your name along with it.
the knife

United States

#16 Aug 17, 2011
Why should the person give their name, for u ppl to give her/him a hard time. Its hard enough to get help and be able to talk about it without azzhole giving u a hard time. If this person is truthful or not I don't know but the things they talk about is right. Now use that part is true for a lot of people
bob

Booneville, KY

#17 Aug 17, 2011
the knife wrote:
Why should the person give their name, for u ppl to give her/him a hard time. Its hard enough to get help and be able to talk about it without azzhole giving u a hard time. If this person is truthful or not I don't know but the things they talk about is right. Now use that part is true for a lot of people
It's easy for someone to say I'm clean for x amount of days, I see it all the time but in most cases they are lying to you and their self, good enough reason to post their name. Actions speak louder than words and also the truth.
Recovered

Raccoon, KY

#18 Aug 17, 2011
bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy for someone to say I'm clean for x amount of days, I see it all the time but in most cases they are lying to you and their self, good enough reason to post their name. Actions speak louder than words and also the truth.
Thanks for the nice words from some of you. It is hard for someone to believe that someone is sober on words alone. Actions do speak louder than words, I do agree. That's why I go to FIVE NA meetings a week. If you have a problem with drugs/alcohol come and find out my story. Also, you will find out who I am. It only takes an hour or so to participate at a meeting.

But you have to pay the cost of membership. The cost of membership is that you have to have the desire to stop using drugs. If you come and spend the five hours a week you will see who is sober and who is not by their actions.

BTW not one word have I spoken has been directed to anyone but an addict. The rest of you just ignore me. You live an easy life compared to the addict that still suffers. We will live with addiction forever. Even us recovering addicts.
bob

Booneville, KY

#19 Aug 17, 2011
Recovered wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the nice words from some of you. It is hard for someone to believe that someone is sober on words alone. Actions do speak louder than words, I do agree. That's why I go to FIVE NA meetings a week. If you have a problem with drugs/alcohol come and find out my story. Also, you will find out who I am. It only takes an hour or so to participate at a meeting.

But you have to pay the cost of membership. The cost of membership is that you have to have the desire to stop using drugs. If you come and spend the five hours a week you will see who is sober and who is not by their actions.

BTW not one word have I spoken has been directed to anyone but an addict. The rest of you just ignore me. You live an easy life compared to the addict that still suffers. We will live with addiction forever. Even us recovering addicts.
Drug addiction is not a sickness like so many try to act like it is. I'm proud of the people that kick dope and stay off it, but to act like they have a illness they suffer from is beyond words.
Been Educated

Raccoon, KY

#20 Aug 18, 2011
bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug addiction is not a sickness like so many try to act like it is. I'm proud of the people that kick dope and stay off it, but to act like they have a illness they suffer from is beyond words.
The brain scans of addicts show differently. They produce lower levels of dopamine than normal people. This is why relapse occurs. This is why people relapse after 15 or 20 years. It is a very progressive disease.

Wikipedia definition of disease: "A disease is an abnormal condition affecting the body of an organism. It is often construed to be a medical condition associated with specific symptoms and signs.[1] It may be caused by external factors, such as infectious disease, or it may be caused by internal dysfunctions, such as autoimmune diseases. In humans, "disease" is often used more broadly to refer to any condition that causes pain, dysfunction, distress, social problems, and/or death to the person afflicted, or similar problems for those in contact with the person. In this broader sense, it sometimes includes injuries, disabilities, disorders, syndromes, infections, isolated symptoms, deviant behaviors, and atypical variations of structure and function, while in other contexts and for other purposes these may be considered distinguishable categories. Diseases usually affect people not only physically, but also emotionally, as contracting and living with many diseases can alter one's perspective on life, and their personality."

To say drugs don't affect your mind is bogus. Argue all you want but i've seen it one too many times. And the medical evidence is out there, and almost any doctor would agree with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rusty Reynolds is in the poor house now! 3 min Spreading her legs 5
Why are children required to bring their own to... 8 min Karma is coming 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min usa 151,698
Bobby Terry is shutting down in November! 47 min Going to hell 24
Aaron Gabbard Tue Rod 4
Jason Combs Aug 22 Coco 13
How to delete Topix thread (Oct '08) Aug 22 positronium 49

Booneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance