Time for a new mayor

Posted in the Booneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Reagan era Republican

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Sep 29, 2010
Folks...it's time to change the leadership of this town. Booneville will never grow and expand with the current leadership...Under the current administration our town is shrinking in employees instead of growing, we have lost a major plant, our schools, and hospital are also in trouble under this current leadership. instead of keeping things stirred up in our town and worries our townsfolk let's move ahead with a new leadership direction. Vote this year, Change is good!
Tim

Fort Smith, AR

#2 Sep 29, 2010
So Jerry Wilkins burned down the plant? And I thought that we were all blaming the school board for the sorry state of the schools... I'm confused.
disappointed

Houston, TX

#3 Sep 29, 2010
So it was the school board that burned down the plant.
Bob

Greenwood, AR

#4 Sep 29, 2010
I agree...its time for change...is this not the same mayor who is now complaining about the hospital board who he was a part of. Also what about him telling employees at the hospital months ago that he was going to put the hospital out of buisness and put a for sale sign out front. Is this effective, responsible, and professional leadership???? I think not... I vote for change too.
True it was not the mayors fault that the plant burned? but whhat has replaced it? what new buisnesses are here. Why is everyone leaving boonville? Perhaps if he spent more time focusing on bringing new businesses instead of promoting personal agendas that are aimed at getting his friends in power at the hospital? Just my opinion.
disappointed

Houston, TX

#5 Sep 29, 2010
Cargill is the problem with the plant. they want any potential buyers to accept all future liabilities on that property. Corporations won't accept responsibility for that risk.
Think

Huntington, AR

#6 Sep 29, 2010
Did the mayor burn down the plant? NO
Does any of the City Officers control, vote or have anything to do with running the hospital? NO
Every city around Booneville has lost plants and have been searching for replacements. How long has that plant in Greenwood been vacant?

But I guess it is easier to blame the Mayor.

When it snows and I don't like it, I blame the Mayor or the School Board.
haha

Booneville, AR

#7 Sep 29, 2010
You people better be careful what you ask for, you just might get a new mayor! I have a feeling that the one you are going to be getting would be a HUGE mistake. her running is a long standing grudge between the mayor and the employer of his opponent. So be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it!
Jose

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Sep 29, 2010
haha wrote:
You people better be careful what you ask for, you just might get a new mayor! I have a feeling that the one you are going to be getting would be a HUGE mistake. her running is a long standing grudge between the mayor and the employer of his opponent. So be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it!
i'm ready for change and growth in this town. Vote for Virginia!
oh wow

Paris, AR

#9 Sep 29, 2010
The woman running against the mayor is a PSYCHO!!!!
welmington

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Sep 29, 2010
and our philandering mayor is not??
rethink

Paris, AR

#11 Sep 29, 2010
Reagan era Republican wrote:
Folks...it's time to change the leadership of this town. Booneville will never grow and expand with the current leadership...Under the current administration our town is shrinking in employees instead of growing, we have lost a major plant, our schools, and hospital are also in trouble under this current leadership. instead of keeping things stirred up in our town and worries our townsfolk let's move ahead with a new leadership direction. Vote this year, Change is good!
That's what O'Bama said. Look what we got. We don't need to elect a person that's dishonest, deeeeeeeply in debt, and psycho. We'd get change alright. Bad change. A person who can't handle their own finances can't be trusted to handle the city's finances. A person who works constantly to stir up trouble for former family members has SERIOUS issues.
tolkein

Greenwood, AR

#12 Sep 30, 2010
rethink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what O'Bama said. Look what we got. We don't need to elect a person that's dishonest, deeeeeeeply in debt, and psycho. We'd get change alright. Bad change. A person who can't handle their own finances can't be trusted to handle the city's finances. A person who works constantly to stir up trouble for former family members has SERIOUS issues.
Really?...we have that person in office now? I agree...time for a change in the (lack of) ledership.
rethink

Paris, AR

#13 Sep 30, 2010
tolkein wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?...we have that person in office now? I agree...time for a change in the (lack of) ledership.
That would definitely be a big change, alright; a scary one.
well

Greenwood, AR

#14 Sep 30, 2010
rethink wrote:
<quoted text>
That would definitely be a big change, alright; a scary one.
And what experience does the current mayor have in the real world? what major businesses has he run? A chicken farm he inherited? Is Booneville growing in population, wealth, and in businesses since he took office? NOPE! All I see, in my opinion, is that he has stirred up a bunch of mess with the hospital becuase he could not get his way for his own personal reasons and get his friends (john gustav and martha nichols in charge). I also will be voteing for a change.
newby

Magazine, AR

#15 Sep 30, 2010
I believe that if you check around most business owners support the current Mayor, Please keep in mind that businesses support the person they believe will be the best for the town, we need to attack the problem not a person
rethink

Paris, AR

#16 Sep 30, 2010
well wrote:
<quoted text>
And what experience does the current mayor have in the real world? what major businesses has he run? A chicken farm he inherited? Is Booneville growing in population, wealth, and in businesses since he took office? NOPE! All I see, in my opinion, is that he has stirred up a bunch of mess with the hospital becuase he could not get his way for his own personal reasons and get his friends (john gustav and martha nichols in charge). I also will be voteing for a change.
Well that's a change alright. A person who can't pay their bills running this town??? One who owns chambers bank so much they won't loan them anymore; has all kinds of credit cards maxed out; on top of all of that...warped.
concerned

Magazine, AR

#17 Oct 2, 2010
rethink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a change alright. A person who can't pay their bills running this town??? One who owns chambers bank so much they won't loan them anymore; has all kinds of credit cards maxed out; on top of all of that...warped.
major has stood up for what is right i respect that he was very supportive of the new hosp. and the adminstration and board until he started seeing huge problems like billing operation changing more than once a year bill collectors calling in 90 days + over due bills constantly patients being billed for things that the insurance had already paid the people of booneville want the major to demand accountablity if we can not afford it we can not afford it how profitable is the charleston clinic PT has the hospital made 1 red cent what about lavaca how has it made any money it has not daud knew you had to have a nurse practioner he sent a PA the hosptital made 0 money had all the over head from employees payroll, to health ins., rent med supplies labs everything none was paid how many months sucking the cash flow
all these mistakes should be easy to identify why no why no accontability
Raquel

Russellville, AR

#18 Oct 4, 2010
Bob wrote:
I agree...its time for change...is this not the same mayor who is now complaining about the hospital board who he was a part of. Also what about him telling employees at the hospital months ago that he was going to put the hospital out of buisness and put a for sale sign out front. Is this effective, responsible, and professional leadership???? I think not... I vote for change too.
True it was not the mayors fault that the plant burned? but whhat has replaced it? what new buisnesses are here. Why is everyone leaving boonville? Perhaps if he spent more time focusing on bringing new businesses instead of promoting personal agendas that are aimed at getting his friends in power at the hospital? Just my opinion.
I'm quite certain the job of mayor is not sitting behind a desk eating candy all day. Our current mayor is quite effective, responsible and held in the highest of esteem. He is doing a great job and working hard to keep our hospital and it's employees up and running.
Raquel

Russellville, AR

#19 Oct 4, 2010
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my goodness! Have you been to any of the City Council meetings to hear for yourself what the facts are? If you had I don't think you would have posted this.
I HAVE

Fort Smith, AR

#20 Oct 4, 2010
Raquel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my goodness! Have you been to any of the City Council meetings to hear for yourself what the facts are? If you had I don't think you would have posted this.
I HAVE, AND MAINLY IT SEEMS TO BE A BUNCH OF NO GOODS STIRRING UP SHIT IN AN ATTEMPT TO WIN A POWER STRUGGLE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Quest 29,893
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) Mon Sonny Boy 10,061
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Sep 27 Guest 854
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) Sep 26 booget 412
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) Sep 25 guest 481
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) Sep 24 joey 242
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) Sep 22 First 258

Booneville Jobs

Booneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Booneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Booneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]