jake

Sugar Grove, NC

#1 Feb 18, 2013
why is every one so hell bent on keeping a person from taking there own life? Its there life to do with as they please if they want to end it who are we to stop them
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#2 Feb 18, 2013
I see what you're saying. But you shouldn't kill yourself because of some high school drama. Once you take that step, there's no going back. There are other options than taking your own life. By the way, I support a persons right to die, especially if they are terminal.
jake

Sugar Grove, NC

#3 Feb 18, 2013
see thats just what im saying it is a persons own right to end there life should they see fit too. so what gives a judge the right to have someone committed for making the choice to. what if my personal religious beliefs say its an honorable thing to end your life as some cultures do. I think as long as Im not in anyway trying to harm anyone else the courts and the law need to keep there noses out of it
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#4 Feb 18, 2013
I have nothing against someone who commits suicide. They're not going to he'll or anything like that. If they really feel that's they're only option, then that's their choice. But outright banning euthanasia for terminal patients in not humane. We put our pets down, why not our loved ones.
jake

Sugar Grove, NC

#5 Feb 18, 2013
if we put our loved ones down then doctors and hospitals and Rx companies couldnt make the extra billions of dollars a year keeping them hooked up to machines and drugged into a stupper like they do now. My grandmother was a complete veg for almost 2 years in a hospital before she finally died. the doctors kept saying they had to do everything possible to keep her alive since she had no living will. I knew for a fact that she wanted to die at home on her own terms not hooked up in a hospital basically already dead but being forced to stay alive. Her life insurance company classified it as a suicide if she didnt do anything and everything possible to prolong her life as long as possible. And we as her family had to sit there watching her slowely suffer and die waiting for her to go so we could get her insurance to pay the hundreds of thousands in medical bills they kept racking up keeping her alive.
So I do agree with you 100% on that one. but Im also talking about if someone has decided this world sucks so bad that they would rather eat a bullet than have to put up with it another day why are the police required to stop the person from doing it?
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#6 Feb 18, 2013
I see what you're saying. I agree with you. But if it was my child, I would want them to know that there are other options. But, I do respect each persons right to do what they want to themselves. I won't judge them at all.
jerry

Boone, NC

#7 Mar 7, 2013
people are so judgmental and its making me want to move to charlotte
smitty

Boone, NC

#8 Mar 12, 2013
Move then dumb ass. If you have ever thought about killing yourself, you would know you're in a totally different mindset and you don't know what's rational. You have no idea what they were going through but most of the god damn time there is a way to get through it. It seems to hard at the time to see past whatever is going on but there's more to life than that moment and that situation. Quit being so selfish and look past your tiny little mindset and understand another persons life for a fucking second.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cop cleared in Freddie Gray Euthanization. 3 min Troll Patrol 65
Manager at Greer Labs (Mar '11) 6 min Troll Patrol 100
Michelle Winkler Auton 4 hr Tim S 1
Jesse Grimes, Convicted Sex Offender Thu Angela 5
Chad, Bradley, and Braxton? (Aug '09) May 24 Anonymous 12
News Newfoundland charity volunteer ousted for pro-g... May 24 Bob 3
News NSTB: Plane destroyed after collision with trees May 23 Bob Is An Idiot 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boone Mortgages