Stan

Sparta, NC

#103 Nov 7, 2012
Opoib wrote:
Stan, how much more will you have to pay if there was an town income tax in Boone?
Well Opoib, how much I will have to pay depends on the percentage. Certainly I will not pay as much as these meda developers.

Now that President Obama has won and the weasely Republicans are on the run, I hope you will join with me in advocating a 5% Boone income tax. Just think what we can do with the money. We can hire more inspectors in Planning and Inspections as well as expand various services like housing for the poor.
Andy

Greenville, SC

#104 Nov 7, 2012
Hey i was just told by someone who would know Stan is the big goofy looking inspector for the town he is the head of planning and inspections, Bill Bailey himself! Figures
Stan

Sparta, NC

#105 Nov 7, 2012
Andy wrote:
Hey i was just told by someone who would know Stan is the big goofy looking inspector for the town he is the head of planning and inspections, Bill Bailey himself! Figures
All forward thinking people know we need more taxes, paid for by the wealthy, to increase the size and scope of government in order to make the economy grow.
2 sense worth

Sanford, NC

#106 Nov 7, 2012
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity me. Pity me. Is that not what all Republicans say when they see the less fortunate in our society having anything. Just remember, times are changing. The weathy are going to not only be regulated in terms of what they can do in exploiting the poor and our environment, but they are going to be required to give more in our society so that government can provide those very services you deride.
The people who were very poor four years ago are, more or less, the same today. The people who were very rich four years ago are, more or less, the same today. I wish that everyone who wanted a job had one. I really wish that everyone who takes advantage of the help that our government provides to those in need would be sent to China. I don't begrudge anyone for taking help when they need it; however, I do think that trading food stamps for drugs is dispicable! I'm almost certain that the majority of people who take advantage of the system, who take money away from people who really need it, voted democrat.
Dude

Charlotte, NC

#107 Nov 7, 2012
Stan = bill bailey
Billy boy

Zionville, NC

#108 Nov 8, 2012
Wow once Stan got outed that shut him up! If that is the mind set of Boone's inspectors then WOW they are truely out of hand thats an eye opener for me.
Stan

Sparta, NC

#109 Nov 8, 2012
Billy boy wrote:
Wow once Stan got outed that shut him up! If that is the mind set of Boone's inspectors then WOW they are truely out of hand thats an eye opener for me.
Ah Billy boy, to paraphrase President Reagan, there you go again. It does not matter who I am. What matters is the fact my ideas are valid.

What Boone needs is a larger government to enforce the laws and regulations on the books so that these mega developers cannot act in a selfish, unilateral manner. Larger government means more taxes are needed and who better to pay for them than the wealth who made their money at the expense of the poor.

So if you want to discuss my ideas I welcome the opportunity to show you the error of your ways.

To all those who voted a straight Democratic ticket this week, THANK YOU! A better day is dawning.
2 Sense Worth

Sugar Grove, NC

#110 Nov 8, 2012
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah Billy boy, to paraphrase President Reagan, there you go again. It does not matter who I am. What matters is the fact my ideas are valid.
What Boone needs is a larger government to enforce the laws and regulations on the books so that these mega developers cannot act in a selfish, unilateral manner. Larger government means more taxes are needed and who better to pay for them than the wealth who made their money at the expense of the poor.
So if you want to discuss my ideas I welcome the opportunity to show you the error of your ways.
To all those who voted a straight Democratic ticket this week, THANK YOU! A better day is dawning.
I would really like to focus in on the line, "So if you want to discuss my ideas." Stan, people like you don't have their own ideas. You are only following the agenda that the liberals have put before you. You are no better and of no more use than someone who is on the far right.
Stan

Sparta, NC

#111 Nov 8, 2012
2 Sense Worth wrote:
<quoted text>I would really like to focus in on the line, "So if you want to discuss my ideas." Stan, people like you don't have their own ideas. You are only following the agenda that the liberals have put before you. You are no better and of no more use than someone who is on the far right.
Except I am right and within two years my views will be policy.
Billy boy

Zionville, NC

#112 Nov 9, 2012
Stan you the finest example of why not to be a dumocrate!
Stan

Sparta, NC

#113 Nov 9, 2012
Billy boy wrote:
Stan you the finest example of why not to be a dumocrate!
Why is that? Remember Republicans are too dumb to accomplish anything. For example look at your presidential campaign. You had everything going for you and you could not win!
There you go again Billy boy!
OPP

United States

#114 Nov 12, 2012
Wow i am really just a little shocked that there are 111 comments mostly slamming the town of Boone and the only person with any type of defense for Boone is Stan who is obvoiusly an idiot. I will admit i have not had much dealings with the Town other than voting and i admittedly have not paid that much attention in the past but with the stuff in the paper and this i agree something is going on how do these people continue to get re-elected? Oh and Stan i am not a "megadeveloper". Anyone except Stan have a thought?
Folks, this is our Town we should really pay more attemtion i have seen really beatiful town destroyed by crazy selfish politicians before don't make the mistake of thhinking it won't happen here!
Merv

Charlotte, NC

#115 Nov 13, 2012
Try calling some of these jackasses and asking some of questions and if your lucky enough to get a call back they will treat you like crap! I am talking about the staff and the Town Council. The Council has tottally forgotten who put them there and what they are there for. VOTE THEM OUT
Stan

Sparta, NC

#116 Nov 13, 2012
Merv wrote:
Try calling some of these jackasses and asking some of questions and if your lucky enough to get a call back they will treat you like crap! I am talking about the staff and the Town Council. The Council has tottally forgotten who put them there and what they are there for. VOTE THEM OUT
Whine, Whine. No concrete examples just people wanting to whine.

Guess what, we won. So shut up and adopt a more positive attitude until such time you actually can give concrete examples. If you are too afraid to give examples then shut up.
Carl

Asheboro, NC

#117 Nov 13, 2012
Stan, I called planning and inspections about a year ago and was trying to get a permit to do a pretty small building project and the first call went ok when i called them back to ask a couple questions the problems started. It took 4 phone calls and almost 3 weeks to get my phone calls returned and the guy i spoke with was an ass when i asked to speak to his boss he said he was the boss and hung up on me! So i tried to contact a couple Council members and they never even gave call back so i just moved my project out of town! There is you an example!
Stan

Sparta, NC

#118 Nov 13, 2012
Sounds contrived to me. If this is real you are a whimp. I would have been calling every day as opposed to waiting three weeks. Nor would I have allowed my phone calls to go unreturned by council members. I would have called them at home and showed up to town coucil meetings to complain.
So which are you, a Whimp or a Liar.
Carl

Asheboro, NC

#119 Nov 14, 2012
Stan, i can assure you i am no whimp nor am i a liar. I would call and would call the town wait for 4-5 or do days and no one would call so i would call back thinking no big deal my call just feel through the cracks i happens, but after 3 weeks i thought i started getting a little pissed and once i finally got a guy on the phone he was rude, short, and extremely unprofessional. After he hang up on me i was determined to talk with a Council member and when they didnt call i just said its not worth it and built else where!

Stan, i also used to defend my great town of Boone. I would love to see a change from the top down and once again i can return to being proud i am from Boone. I would suggest you do a little more research before you jump out so strongly in support of boone my friend, and i hope you have better luck than i if you do.
Stan

Sparta, NC

#120 Nov 14, 2012
Carl wrote:
Stan, i can assure you i am no whimp nor am i a liar. I would call and would call the town wait for 4-5 or do days and no one would call so i would call back thinking no big deal my call just feel through the cracks i happens, but after 3 weeks i thought i started getting a little pissed and once i finally got a guy on the phone he was rude, short, and extremely unprofessional. After he hang up on me i was determined to talk with a Council member and when they didnt call i just said its not worth it and built else where!
Stan, i also used to defend my great town of Boone. I would love to see a change from the top down and once again i can return to being proud i am from Boone. I would suggest you do a little more research before you jump out so strongly in support of boone my friend, and i hope you have better luck than i if you do.
First off Boone is a great place to live and work. The only problem is there are too many liars and whimps living in town. Perhaps you are both.

As I said before I would have been calling every day as opposed to waiting three weeks as you originally said. Given you changed the amount of time you waited you are probably a liar trying to stir people up. Nor would I have allowed my phone calls to go unreturned by council members. I would have called them at home and showed up to town coucil meetings to complain. From your explanation you sound like a whimp.

If you don't like living in Boone MOVE! Whiners and liars are certainly no welcome here. Support our good elected leaders and remember to always vote Democratic!
Jeff

Wilmington, NC

#121 Nov 14, 2012
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
First off Boone is a great place to live and work. The only problem is there are too many liars and whimps living in town. Perhaps you are both.
As I said before I would have been calling every day as opposed to waiting three weeks as you originally said. Given you changed the amount of time you waited you are probably a liar trying to stir people up. Nor would I have allowed my phone calls to go unreturned by council members. I would have called them at home and showed up to town coucil meetings to complain. From your explanation you sound like a whimp.
If you don't like living in Boone MOVE! Whiners and liars are certainly no welcome here. Support our good elected leaders and remember to always vote Democratic!
At least he's not a douche, like you are.
Darn there goes a chance

Charlotte, NC

#122 Nov 14, 2012
Boone, one day will be looked at as the beautiful mountain town with so many possibilities wasted due to a ignorant selfish Council and authority hungry staff. Everyone really needs to pay attention to what is going on there. The Ashe county water thing is pretty bad but the way Boone treats tax payers IN BOONE is even crazier.
Oh and Stan, if you believe the current Council represents any of what i was a democrate for i would love to know which part of taking a historic farm from some innocent farmers to make a power grab of all the water in the area. Or is it the Councils selfish, me me attitude is what makes you think the Council is a bunch of democrates. Or maybe the fact that they couldnt care less about in issue unless it looked good or it affected them personally someway? Which one there Stan? Your no more a democrate than i am hung like an elephant, although i often claim to be..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DSS/CPS Watauga county (Jan '12) 3 hr Watauga23 50
betty austin (Jul '14) Mon Bob 77
Review: Hedrick Kepley Attorneys Mar 1 earl the snake white 55
cheap car Mar 1 Bob Bob 3
New Thrift Store Feb 25 cabby1234 1
josh ruppard (Apr '14) Feb 25 cabby1234 7
Has Anybody hired Vaughn Investigations (Dec '08) Feb 24 the truth 42
Boone Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web