Salvation Army thrift store

Posted in the Boone Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tired

Todd, NC

#1 Oct 29, 2008
Has anyone shopped here lately? Apparantally they have changed managers and the store has went downhill fast. There is a very limited selection, have seen nasty clothing and broken items on the floor for sale. The staff is rude and do not speak. I was in there one day last week for approx 30 mins, all the employees were standing around talking in front of the register and not a one spoke to me or any of the people who were with me.

Since: Oct 08

Asheville, NC

#2 Oct 30, 2008
I agree with tired, stopped in the salvation army store a couple of weeks ago....the store has went downhill since moving from the hillbilly trading post location ....nothing worth stopping in for now...everything is dirty, torn, and looks like it needs to be in the trash instead of for sell...I am not sure you could call the people working there staff or not...sure are rude....surely the directors of the Salvation Army are not aware of the condition of this store! Heard the workers take all the good stuff for themselves and their family/friends...the stuff on display reflects this rumor as the old store at the other location had lots of good buys, sometimes you could find like new items...but not anymore.
sucks

Glendale Springs, NC

#3 Nov 6, 2008
Their headquarters are in Hickory call and complain about the store and employees. Have been a faithful SA shopper since they were behind Hampton's Body Shop, now taking my business to Goodwill. This store has gone downhill since Hillbilly Trading post store was open. What ever happened to Brenda Brenda and Melissa who worked there. I really miss them they were so nice and helpful, the friendliest people who have ever been there.
greatful

Morganton, NC

#4 Nov 6, 2008
I have shopped at the Salvation Army many years.Sometimes I find good stuff and sometimes I do not but, I know that everything is donated and they have no control in what they receive. God bless all people that work with the public.
Salvation Army shopper

Montgomery, AL

#5 Nov 6, 2008
I was shocked to see this false info on here. I shop at Salvation Army at least once a week. I
I have observed recently that the store looked much better than usual.
What do you expect the employees to do when you come into the store? Do you think they should stop what ever they are doing and come to the door give you a personal greeting?.... I have never been treated any way but exceptionally nice by all employees in both the Boone and Lenoir stores....
You sound like a disgruntled employee to me.
tired wrote:
Has anyone shopped here lately? Apparantally they have changed managers and the store has went downhill fast. There is a very limited selection, have seen nasty clothing and broken items on the floor for sale. The staff is rude and do not speak. I was in there one day last week for approx 30 mins, all the employees were standing around talking in front of the register and not a one spoke to me or any of the people who were with me.
Salvation Army shopper

Montgomery, AL

#6 Nov 6, 2008
I just read "Tired" and "Haveyou heard" and they both seem to be from the same source. Check out the poor grammar. "WENT DOWN HILL" Yep that was a dead give away or maybe you are both just uneducated . IF you cant say something nice about a wonderful organization like Salvation army then why don't you just keep your bad grammar to your self ....
haveyaheard wrote:
I agree with tired, stopped in the salvation army store a couple of weeks ago....the store has went downhill since moving from the hillbilly trading post location ....nothing worth stopping in for now...everything is dirty, torn, and looks like it needs to be in the trash instead of for sell...I am not sure you could call the people working there staff or not...sure are rude....surely the directors of the Salvation Army are not aware of the condition of this store! Heard the workers take all the good stuff for themselves and their family/friends...the stuff on display reflects this rumor as the old store at the other location had lots of good buys, sometimes you could find like new items...but not anymore.
High Country NC

Holly Springs, NC

#7 Nov 7, 2008
W.O.W.(With Out Warrent). How shocked I was to read the negative comments about the nw Salvation Army store in Boone. I have been there multiple times and have found the eperience to be GREAT!!!
The new staff is very friendly and curtious. The store is clean and SAFE! The store at the old Hillbilly location was just short of frieghtening, with wires hanging down at the entrance and the poarch posts barely staying up.
I am so thankful for everything the Salvation Army does in the High Country and am appalled at the negative comments. I agree with "Salvation Army shopper", it sounds like a disgruntled employee.
Marie

Todd, NC

#8 Nov 8, 2008
Where is the Salvation Army store located?
Joy

Belton, SC

#9 Nov 8, 2008
Marie the Salvation Army Store is located behind the post office. It is to the left of K Mart. I find wonderful items at that store. The employees are friendly and it is really clean for a thrift store.
Marie

Todd, NC

#10 Nov 8, 2008
Joy wrote:
Marie the Salvation Army Store is located behind the post office. It is to the left of K Mart. I find wonderful items at that store. The employees are friendly and it is really clean for a thrift store.
Thank you - I'll go in there when I'm in Boone. Do I turn off right next to the post office, or how do you get into it?
Joy

Belton, SC

#11 Nov 8, 2008
Hi Marie,

If you are standing in front of the post office, look to your left. That road is Postal St. When leaving the post office turn right on Postal. Go out Postal St. and you will see the Salvation Army Family Store on your right. It is directly behind the post office. I hope you find some wonderful bargins. Happy Shopping.
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you - I'll go in there when I'm in Boone. Do I turn off right next to the post office, or how do you get into it?
Marie

Todd, NC

#12 Nov 8, 2008
Thanks for the directions. I plan on stopping in there next week. Always loved shopping at Salvation Army Thrift Store

Since: Oct 08

Greenville, SC

#13 Nov 10, 2008
Salvation Army shopper wrote:
I just read "Tired" and "Haveyou heard" and they both seem to be from the same source. Check out the poor grammar. "WENT DOWN HILL" Yep that was a dead give away or maybe you are both just uneducated . IF you cant say something nice about a wonderful organization like Salvation army then why don't you just keep your bad grammar to your self ....<quoted text>
WRONG, WE ARE NOT FROM THE SAME SOURCE....AND NEVER BEEN EMPLOYED BY SALVATION ARMY. "YEP" IS NO BETTER GRAMMAR THAN "WENT DOWN HILL"....ALSO, THIS IS NOT AN ENGLISH CLASS....AND FOR YOUR INFO, THE SALVATION ARMY IS A GREAT ORGANIZATION, THE NEW BOONE STORE JUST DOES NOT HAVE AS NICE OF ITEMS AS THE ONE AT THE HILLBILLY TRADING POST LOCATION - HOW OFTEN DO YOU COME ALL THE WAY TO BOONE TO GO TO THE SALVATION ARMY STORE?
HAPPY CUSTOMER

Lenoir, NC

#14 Nov 14, 2008
I love going to the salvation army to shop. The one in Boone have wonderful deals. Do not listen to the rude comments other people are making. They are jealous and have nothing better to do.They do sound like disgruntled employees.Go to the store and find out for yourself.The people are very nice and the srore looks more like a Boutique than a thrift store, because it is so clean and neat.I also find some new items.It is a pleasant experiance.Just go and find out .
HAPPY CUSTOMER

Lenoir, NC

#15 Nov 14, 2008
The people at the Boone Salvation Army are very nice. I love shopping there. They are also very helpful. Especialy the new Supervisor.She is very nice and friendly to everyone.She is doing a very good job.Her superiors in Hickory come to the store and know that the store is very neat and clean. Anyone talking bad about the store should be ashamed. You should be praying for the Salvation Army, not badmouthing them.Try shopping there,you will love it. I DO.
Marie

Lenoir, NC

#16 Nov 17, 2008
What is wrong with the people talking about The Boone Salvation Army? They are wonderful and help a lot of people in need.All of the stores are great. SO lets keep them in our prayers every day.Lets pray for the people who talk bad about them too.
SWAGGY

Lenoir, NC

#17 Nov 17, 2008
To Tired and Haveyahearh. You do sound like the same person. Have you worked for the Salvation Army before? The store is not dirty. Its a very nice and neat little store. The supervisor and staff are very friendly.They have great buys and some new items. I have seen all of this for myself.SO, why are you lying on this store?You must be a very unhappy person.The best thing I can do for you is pray for you. May GOD bless everyone who works for the Salvatioh Army.
Happy Camper

Lenoir, NC

#18 Nov 17, 2008
I am a happy camper when I am shopping at the Salvation Army.I shop at the one in Boone and the one in Lenior.Both stores have wonderful people working there. They are so very nice and friendly and helpful.I know they work hard every day and they should be very proud of their jobs. Because the money spent there is for a very good cause. THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE AND MAY GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEME.Make your money count for something more. Shop at the SALVATION ARMY.
doin it

Miami, FL

#19 Nov 18, 2008
I'm sold, next time Im in town I'm going to the Salvation Army Store. Funny, people going on about it like its Macy's, its a THRIFT STORE! Geeze, you dont have to be religilous to know the people there are not making a lot of money, and it goes to a good cause. For gods sake, your buying DONATED CLOTHES, get over it!
Capple

AOL

#20 Nov 19, 2008
If you think shopping there is bad, try the Rams Rack. The donated goods are sorted first by the same group of people that have done it for years. Any of the items they like(the good stuff)never gets out on the sale floor. What does make it to be sold is slightly better than trash and that really more credit than it deserves. Then IF you find something you like, the price you pay for USED TRASH you could have purchased the same thing new.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snitches in caldwell county 48 min Mystery Door 3 7
Republicans Know Clinton Will Win 1 hr David53 45
White Leader Trump leading in Indiana polls.. 3 hr Slippery Pete 5
Anti Racist is a codeword for Anti White. 3 hr Slippery Pete 29
The rising of the moon. 4 hr Mick Irish 4
96 percent in Ireland say they would vote for O... 4 hr Victoria 3
Thank God I'm White. 5 hr Robert 144
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boone Mortgages