Bonnieville Council
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
George Bush

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jan 15, 2009
Why do we not have a city council? No one wanted to run during the election when we could vote on these people and check out their records. Now they want the Governor to appoint them with out the good citzens of town having a say in this matter.What do we know about these folks? Why did they not file for office when they could have ? We need to check them out and make our own voices heard to the Governor. Where do they work do they own property in town. What do they stand for? What direction do they want the town to go in? How much experience in goverment do they have? Credit checks, background checks,do they have a record of crime , do they pay their own bills on time, have they been in jail are they employed. These are all good questions to be asked. Let us avoid the mess we had last time and move our town forward Thanks please keep it clean
Flip P Ant

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jan 15, 2009
George, I'm just guessing, but I believe most people didn't run because they were resistant to paying the filing fee. I don't know if Bonnieville pays its members. However, if the members aren't paid something, the city council does need to pay its members even just a small amount to cover the cost of the filing fee for future elections. That way only the first election would be out of pocket for new people.
As far as the background of the potential members, I have to assume that you either don't live in a small town or have recently moved in. Small town people (and I'm guessing that Bonnieville people are like small town people everywhere) have a tendency to know everything about their neighbors, where they vacation, where they work, who their relatives are, what their favorite flavor of ice cream is. We really don't ask for this information because we already know it.
I must have missed the mess you are talking about because I didn't read about it in the newspaper. However, I don't buy the newspaper every week.
Whoever is selected for the council, I wish them well.
Geroge Bush

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jan 15, 2009
Flip I have lived here in town all of my sixty years and for the most part what you said is true. How ever some of these folks trying to get appointed to council are ewcomers to the area and little is known about them. That is why I feel the need to check them out. Also I feel that they do not need to be paid as little time is required of them. The filing fee is only twenty dollars. If they had wanted this job why did they not run? During the election no one wanted the job not for some strange reason ten people want it why? Remember what JFK said ask not what your country can do for you but rather what can you do for your country. If you have good ideals and really want to serve your fellow man and make a better place for all, then money should not be issue. As for past issues the little town is still involed in a major lawsuit and if the town was to lose all the citys funds would be exhasuted. Infact I wonder how they are paying the lawyers now. It could be good money spent foolish ?? Thank you
Drive through it

Munfordville, KY

#4 Jan 15, 2009
Bonnieville was a dirty little run down town 30 years ago and it looks even worse now.You would think a city council and mayor would make some type of improvements from year to year.Instead everything has just deteriorated over the years.I'm not trying to be mean but just look at it.What does the city council meetings consist of,What to bring to the next meeting for pot luck?or whose turn is it to pay the electric bill.
Geroge Bush

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jan 16, 2009
Here is the list of folks trying to be appointed by the Governor to Bonnieville City Council.Sherman Bowman, Fran Bowsher, Rose Bostic, W Susan Butler, T Dewayne Christe, Shirley Dye, Dennis Edwards, Todd Hodges, Mozella Hornback, and Frieda Watkins.What do we know about these people and which of the group would best serve the interest of our town. Which of the five will take us foward, clean up our town, stop the drug traffic, bring new business to our area.Let us look at their experience and talents and see which five are the best. Keep it clean and after this forum we will forward it to the Governors office and make our choices known. Thank You

yes or no

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jan 16, 2009
these people ran bonnieville for years they all way had a hand in something, like sherman did. you no he has a pass for dui and some more thing. but i like to no will they stand up to to plate and stand firm. or just have a title?????????? clean the drug off the streets no they want ..... we all no why, thier no better then the drug dealer now are they.
Eight Ball

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jan 16, 2009
yes or no wrote:
these people ran bonnieville for years they all way had a hand in something, like sherman did. you no he has a pass for dui and some more thing. but i like to no will they stand up to to plate and stand firm. or just have a title?????????? clean the drug off the streets no they want ..... we all no why, thier no better then the drug dealer now are they.
Hmmmmm....I smell a CHICKEN or at the very least a hen, who frequents the gameroom???
telling it like it is

Cave City, KY

#8 Jan 16, 2009
Mrs. bostic is the only mayor who ever tried to do anything to improve this town.
Happy

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jan 16, 2009
yes or no wrote:
I am sorry...but you are just plain ignorant!
like it is

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jan 16, 2009
now ever one off the topix this how sht-t get start, why because people tell it like they see it. people like happy and eightball are wanting to start trouble you two are all over the post comment.i guess your a hen or chicken what ever that means . i can say you are ignorant..,beside what governor of bonnieville got to do with the gameroom????????? this is about the bonnieville council you are way off the topix

Flip P Ant

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jan 16, 2009
The best advice I could give the city council is to do as little as possible. If they try to clean up the city, the townspeople will come after them like the village residents did to Frankenstein's monster. Fortunately, the council will face only sharp tongues insead of pitch forks.

The council could suggest that people clean up their places, but Bonnievillians don't like to told to do anything. As far as the drugs used by Bonnie villains, the city probably can't have much impact there as well. There's not enough money to afford city police. The city could ask other agencies to help, but all budgets are stretched.

What the council can do is to keep the water system working, keep the fire hydrants working, keep the city lights working, and see that the sewer bill is paid. Anything in addition to the above would be great.

As far as the people interested in the job, they look like a good crew. I have heard of most of them before either from friends or in the newspaper. I hope they have good luck with the city.
Geroge Bush

Glasgow, KY

#12 Jan 16, 2009
The problem is ten people applied and only five will be appointed We need to choice which five well serve. We need to choice the best five if we can at least let our voices be heard. Thanks

Since: Jan 09

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jan 16, 2009
The real problem is that whoever gets in and tries to do anything good for our town, gets run down and threatened by a bunch of goof balls that don't ever want to see anything change that's not what they want or like. Try doing something good and you'll make enemies.
Joel

Glasgow, KY

#14 Jan 17, 2009
I've lived my entire life in Bonnieville, and unfortunately many people only have the opportunity see the bad side of our town. They haven't had the joy of meeting many good people, who go above and beyond to help those in need, not to mention the tireless efforts of our volunteer fire department, have become experts at fundraising to keep the department up to date with the latest equipment and training, as well as providing a helping hand to many citizens, which often go unnoticed by many, but not unappreciated by the few.

I read the list of names in the Hart Co. Herald, of those who have noted thier interest in serving on the city council and I know and have known most for many years. Defintely a list of qualified and capable individuals, but my question is this: Has the time for a local government in a town the size of Bonnieville, come and gone?

We have approximately six small businesses in Bonnieville, and the taxable base for the revenue needed to fund a small town, is minimal to say the least. We surely cannot fund a police force, or even a building code enforcement officer, to deal with the run down buildings and properties, within the city limits. If we could afford such an individual, to legally enforce a building code, what property owners could afford to comply?
If compliance is not possible, it is very unlikely that appropriate demolition and removal are either. These buildings are certainly fire hazards as well as prime targets for vandalism, drug sales and use, not to mention other activities that are best left unmentioned in this forum.

Drugs. Bonnieville has long been known for drug sales, use, manufacture and consumption. Can our city council bring about any change in this course of events? I am afraid that a problem of this magitude and seriousness is out of the reach of a small town city council.

Our roads and streets are maintained by Federal, State and County governments, our utilities are supplied by KU and RECC. Our sewer and water services are offered by Caveland sanitation and Green River Valley water, respectively. Garbage pick-up is a product of Hart Co. Solid Waste, with phone and cable service, provided by SCRTC.

My question to all is this:
What services can this town's city council offer, at this point in time, that could not best be served by our Magistrates, Judge Executive and fiscal court?
Danny Hodges

Glasgow, KY

#15 Jan 17, 2009
George Bush wrote:
Why do we not have a city council? No one wanted to run during the election when we could vote on these people and check out their records. Now they want the Governor to appoint them with out the good citzens of town having a say in this matter.What do we know about these folks? Why did they not file for office when they could have ? We need to check them out and make our own voices heard to the Governor. Where do they work do they own property in town. What do they stand for? What direction do they want the town to go in? How much experience in goverment do they have? Credit checks, background checks,do they have a record of crime , do they pay their own bills on time, have they been in jail are they employed. These are all good questions to be asked. Let us avoid the mess we had last time and move our town forward Thanks please keep it clean
How about what they have to eat for breakfast, do they like tennis shoes or slippers? Lighten up people, it's just a city council, not people that are looking for a job at a day care center.
Danny Hodges

Glasgow, KY

#16 Jan 17, 2009
Geroge Bush wrote:
Here is the list of folks trying to be appointed by the Governor to Bonnieville City Council.Sherman Bowman, Fran Bowsher, Rose Bostic, W Susan Butler, T Dewayne Christe, Shirley Dye, Dennis Edwards, Todd Hodges, Mozella Hornback, and Frieda Watkins.What do we know about these people and which of the group would best serve the interest of our town. Which of the five will take us foward, clean up our town, stop the drug traffic, bring new business to our area.Let us look at their experience and talents and see which five are the best. Keep it clean and after this forum we will forward it to the Governors office and make our choices known. Thank You
So lets vote: Sherman, Fran, Dewayne, Todd, Mozella; your hired, now go to work, do a good job and next term you will get a raise...:)
Danny Hodges

Glasgow, KY

#17 Jan 17, 2009
yes or no wrote:
Do you proof read before you send a message? Back off of Sherman, he made a mistake,"30 years ago"!! Get over it. He could do more help than harm as far as I'm concerned. I voted for my five...
Joel

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jan 17, 2009
Danny Hodges wrote:
<quoted text>Do you proof read before you send a message? Back off of Sherman, he made a mistake,"30 years ago"!! Get over it. He could do more help than harm as far as I'm concerned. I voted for my five...
I agree 100%!!!
Sherman is a fine man, and has worked very hard to forward himself, his family and his community.

It would be interesting to see whether or not we would even be discussing this city council post, if everyone had worked as hard as Sherman has, to better themselves and thier community....

I'm again in agreement with Danny. I've made mistakes in life too, and fortunately I've been forgiven, and moved on....
minton

Glasgow, KY

#19 Jan 17, 2009
its time to let bonnieville go back to the county,get rid of a mayor and the city council,there is nothing that they can do that the county couldnt do so there is no need for them to exist.nothing in b-ville will ever change no matter what you decide to do,it is just better left to the people that live there to decide what happens to b-ville.what would be wrong with letting it be like hardyville or canmer,they have no mayor or council and everyone is happy and they are not doin without.joel is right,it is time to do away with the city of bonnieville government and let the county oversee it and what happens there,it cant be any worse than what has happened in the past with the council and a mayor.
Geroge Bush

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jan 17, 2009
Danny Hodges wrote:
<quoted text>How about what they have to eat for breakfast, do they like tennis shoes or slippers? Lighten up people, it's just a city council, not people that are looking for a job at a day care center.
Danny that attitude is foolish that tpye of concern has what got us in this mess to start with I noticed you moved out of Bonnieville years ago, but those of us who have stayed would like to see improvements made to our town more business moved in money raised streets improved. Old building cleaned up. We need members on the council who have brite and new ideals to lead us forward and leave the past behind. No I do not think we should lighten up we should focus on the present and the future. Some one who will push forward. Some one who takes pride in our town not for the money but for the sake of improvements. If we put in place the same old management team as in the past we will repeat the same progess. It is time for a change. So know I do not think we should lighten up but get serious after all it is out town. Remember when good men stand idle eivl will run rampant. And by the way Danny why did you pick these five for their qualifications, new ideals, morals or simply beacuse you like them or did you base your choices on what shoes they wear or breakfast choices Thank you George

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonnieville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica @ IGA 14 hr Word 36
New Dr. Ghaffar in Munfordville 17 hr Victim 1
james kersey (Jun '09) Fri Get a life 36
Derrick Parks Dec 13 SMF 3
3rd district constable race 2018 Dec 12 Jason 5
How much drama do you know about pilot? (Jun '09) Dec 11 Unconditional 95
amber/trucklock Dec 11 pathetic 1

Bonnieville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance