State Board of Education candidate Wi...

State Board of Education candidate Willie Dove supports teaching creationism

There are 2 comments on the Examiner.com story from Oct 30, 2010, titled State Board of Education candidate Willie Dove supports teaching creationism. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Willie Dove, a Bonner Springs Republican running for the District 1 seat on the State Board of Education, supports teaching creationism in public schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“Shaggin' Wagon.”

Since: Apr 09

Springfield, MA

#1 Nov 12, 2010
He's from Boner Springs. 'Nuff said.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#2 Nov 13, 2010
Wait...he says they should teach (presumably Biblical) creationism in science classes, but also says he supports year-round school and commensurate pay hikes so they can "catch up somewhere?" So, have a longer school year during which the teachers waste time teaching Bronze Age creation myth stories to students as viable alternatives to evidence-based science? At best, year-round schooling with creationism would be like treading water compared to education today. Worst (and most likely) scenario: educational achievement and student understanding of science decrease. Then, blame student failures on lack of institutionalized Christian prayer in school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonner Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
skype sex (Jul '16) Aug 12 mike 30
Desoto Veterinary Clinic Jul 22 Linn 1
News Authorities: Ex-Firefighter Caught In Online Sting (Jun '07) Mar '17 Johnn 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Oct '15 Billy Bob 20
Kansas Law Regarding Public Nudity, (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kathy Newburg 1
Cheapest method of keeping a car? (I hear insur... (Apr '14) Apr '14 FafdEsas 5
Snow Tickets in Bonner Springs (Mar '14) Mar '14 Snow Tickets 1

Bonner Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonner Springs Mortgages