mens bonne terre prison
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
help me please

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2011
Does anybody know anything about this prison? My brother is currently in the bonne terre prison and I have wrote him letters and sent him cards and have yet to hear from him which is very unusual. He apparently can't have any visitors or anything. My mom has received a letter today from an insider saying that he is being raped and beaten everyday. That he is growing psychriactially ill everyday. This insider says that he is unable to write us and this is why he is writing us this letter to warn us of what is going on. He also says that my brother got himself into something that he will not talk about. We have called this prison several times and had asked why he isn't writing back or anything. They tell us that he is using his stamps to write the judge which is bullsh*t because I know him better than that. They will not tell us anything. My brother is now 5'9 and weighs 111lbs. I know something is going on in that prison but don't know what. Can someone please help me. I can send my email out so we don't have to dicuss it on this forum. Please I'm desparate.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 28, 2011
Hi I had an uncle that had done 35 years in different prison's here in Mo. with Bonne Terre being on of them. I don't know anything about your brother but I will say if he even has a little faith that contacting the judge will help him he will use any stamps he has for that purpose. Also and I'm not being judgemental I swear but if he has any kind of habit sometimes they will trade things for drugs. I don't know if this is the case with your brother but it is something to think about also the letter you recieved I wouldn't hold it to any kind of fact either we recieved letters and calls from inmates claiming my uncle had been killed and all sorts of things rumors get started in prisons and they snowball severely. The one thing you mentioned that I dont understand is him not being allowed visitors I have a few questions to help clear that up. How long has he been in the system? Are you on a visiting list for him? Do you know if he is in the hole (solitary confinement)? When did he get to Bonne Terre is that his first prison or was he transferred? I will try and give more answers if I can if you respond to this post. Hopefully everything is ok I will say a prayer.
help me please

United States

#3 Apr 28, 2011
Hey thanks a lot for responding. It really means a lot to me. As far as drugs or anything like that I can't be for sure but no I don't think he would be into drugs. And he is doing 180 days then their supposed to place him. I don't know how the prison thing works. I know only a little bit. No this isn't his first prison. But he usually phones home every week and since he's been in there he hasn't phoned home at all. He isn't in solitary confinement or in the hole or anything. Use to when I would write him I'd be receiving one back this is why I'm worried. He has lost a lot of weight since he's been in there. I seen his doc pics online and he doesn't even look like himself. He is psychriactially ill so when this person says he is getting worse I believe it. What else doesn't make since is before he went here he was doing well and now that he's is in here they tell us that their trying to regulate him on his meds. That shouldn't have changed. And if someone was to bully him around in there he isn't capable of taking care of himself.
help me please

United States

#6 Apr 29, 2011
For Whatever Its Worth wrote:
I used to work in a prison as a psych nurse. It wasn't uncommon to recieve a new prisoner who's psych meds were working just fine, but they'd change them anyway to lesser expensive meds.

I don't understand why they would mess up somebodys body when their doing good on them. I don't care what the cost. Before he was in this place he could talk to ppl and socialize. Now he can pretty much do nothing. And I called the prison the other day and asked what was going on with him. Why isn't he calling and why he can't get visitations. This guy told me that he is in a cell by himself and when they let him out they let him out by himself. And that nobody else is out when he's out. They also told me that his phone calls and visitations have to be approved by the mental health. And another thing is he hasn't written in months. Now I did some research on this place and I found like 3 or 4 deaths. 2 within the past year and one of the boy died and he was pretty much in the same situation as my brother. Cell by himself and couldn't be let out with the other inmates. But what's funny is that his family got to see him and for someone being in a cell by himself he had a lot of bruises on him and now that he's dead the family is questioning the prison. In fact the fbi is involved. Now not that any of you guys may not know what goes on in this prison but any info would be helpful. Bc if he happens to end up dieing in this prison they will be in loads of sh*t.
help me please

United States

#7 Apr 29, 2011
Also why is it that someone has to approve his phone calls...isn't this illegal??? I know he lost all his rights when he got put in there but I do know its illegal to keep a phone from anybody. Same should go with the inmated...right???
been in Bonne Terre

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Apr 29, 2011
Dear help me please,
I have spent time in the prison system and what you are describing is not unusual. For some reason it sounds like he is in protective custody could be mental health issues. The psychs at the prisons give out certain medications almost like they get discount rates from the suppliers. Honestly they do not care what he was taking before and if it worked or if he is on certain controlled meds he may be seperated because of that. I'm not trying to scare you but I have seen terrible treatment of the mentally ill in the jail system. I have a schizophrenic sister so I know what it is like to worry about their well being. Your best choice would probably be to contact the ACLU and get help through them. The jail officials honestly do not care what kind of problems you have and if you only try to work through them you will only get the run around. In St.Francois county jail I saw the C.O.'s lock down an individual with schizophrenia and deny him his medication as he progressively got worse he would yell, scream, he started putting all his food in the toilet and wiping his feces on the walls. He had gotten a razor and shaved off all his body hair including his eyebrows and was visually injured. The cops had made a circus show out of him and groups would come by just to laugh and make fun. This is the honest truth. If you are truly concerned (which i can tell you are) contact the American Civil Liberties Union "ACLU" they can help figure this out for you. Do not go buy what jail administration tells you. They will tell you whatever they want just to get you off the phone. I dont write this to upset you but if you are worried take action.
help me please

United States

#9 Apr 30, 2011
Been in bonne terre,
Is there a chance that the doc officers are beating and raping him??? I think were talking to lawyers now. Bc its bs that they have to approve their phone calls. My mom called up there and demanded to talk to him when he got on the phone my mom had asked how much he wieghed he said 125 lbs. She asked him how does he know and if he seen it. He said no they told me. Their trying to cover something. I just wish I knew someone in there that could help me out. Thank u for ur info.
help me please

United States

#10 Apr 30, 2011
How do I find out the aclu's number. I tried looking it up and googling it and didn't find it.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 Apr 30, 2011
help me I am telling you honestly the things you are attempting with a lawyer and that are ok but you need to call that office number I gave you once the prison knows you are serious about making sure your brothers health is ok they will let up on some things. Make sure you tell them he is not being allowed visitation and make them get a good reason from the warden. Like I said before Maggie Murray was an extreme help to me. Just let her know you are really concerned for your brothers health. Once they know you are going to stay on the issue they won't risk your brother being hurt. Most of all don't get rude or snippish with these people or you will get no where. There are instances where men are lost in the system and they can transfer your brother around the prison system to make it harder on you. The list of numbers I gave you will start action immediatly and that is what you need to happen RIGHT NOW so Monday morning first thing get on the phone to those offices let them know you are concerned we were having a problem with one guard in particular who was making sure my uncle was miserable constantly. Within one week of making calls the wheels transfer were allready in motion and within 3 weeks he had been transferred!
help me please

United States

#12 Apr 30, 2011
And where is maggie from again??? I will be sure to call her monday morning...the prison already knows we know something is up. I just don't want to make it harder on him right now.
been in Bonne Terre

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Apr 30, 2011
hope this helps. I have seen them help people treated unfairly in the prison systems. These are the people to contact.
been in Bonne Terre

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Apr 30, 2011
The ACLU is our nation's guardian of liberty, working daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and laws of the United States guarantee everyone in this country.

These rights include:

Your First Amendment rights - freedom of speech, association and assembly; freedom of the press, and freedom of religion.

Your right to equal protection under the law - protection against unlawful discrimination.

Your right to due process - fair treatment by the government whenever the loss of your liberty or property is at stake.

Your right to privacy - freedom from unwarranted government intrusion into your personal and private affairs.

***The ACLU also works to extend rights to segments of our population that have traditionally been denied their rights, including people of color; women; lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender people; prisoners; and people with disabilities.***
BT resident

United States

#16 Apr 30, 2011
Maybe he don't to get in contact with his family- sometimes I do believe the prison probably gives them meds stronger than what is prescribed to keep them calmed down- so they will not cause trouble. Has he ever been classified as a trouble-maker? Hopefully he is fine and you are able to find answers that you are seeking. Sometimes trying to get information is like going in a circle. Good Luck!
been in Bonne Terre

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Apr 30, 2011
I had posted ACLU info but somehow it was removed.
Don't know why? Can you explain that moderator? Anyway just google " aclu of eastern missouri "
I had posted the number and address of an organization that among other things promotes the freedom of speech and it was taken down? curious....
ACLU-3146523111

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Apr 30, 2011
here...
help me please

United States

#19 Apr 30, 2011
Thank you guys so much. I will be calling these ppl momday morning. I really appreciate it and I know he will to. Thanks.
been in Bonne Terre

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Apr 30, 2011
keep us posted.
help me please

United States

#21 Apr 30, 2011
I will
help me please

United States

#22 May 2, 2011
Sassy77
Hey u didn't give me a number to maggie murray. Can u tell me where she's from and town so I can google her name and get the info I need to call her please.
help me please

United States

#23 May 2, 2011
I called the aclu they are sending me papers in the mail that I have to mail back. And I looked up maggies name online and there are so many of them I don't even know where to start. Once again thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonne Terre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William "Davie" Sharp 16 hr Countryboy 100 1
Veronica Lenz Clubb 16 hr trucker 16
Turtle crossing the road 17 hr trucker 7
Tara Hicks r turner 17 hr trucker 7
Lake Timberline (Feb '11) 21 hr Mike b 100
William "Davie" Sharp 22 hr Countryboy 100 1
Still looking.... Sat Shallow Seven 1

Bonne Terre Jobs

Personal Finance

Bonne Terre Mortgages