First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mom at NC

United States

#1 Apr 20, 2006
Just curious as to what some of the opinions are concerning the possible disbanning of the Raiderettes. Does anyone know what the current status is on that?
tony montana

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Apr 24, 2006
I know, they should'nt get drunk and have sex with anything that moves. I say kick them out of school and get rid of the dance team
Another mom at NC

United States

#3 Oct 25, 2006
Okay, this is the story as it stands now. Some of the Raiderettes were caught at a tournament late last year having sex on video. These girls were reprimanded and not allowed to try out for the squad this year.(Kudos to whoever made THAT decision.) Parents of these girls, instead of agreeing with dicipline, were angered their "angels" could not try out for the squad again, yada yada yada. The try-outs were held and the new squad was selected consisting of girls not involved in the "incident", including girls who were not even on the squad at the time the incident took place. Things were set. Then, for reasons I am not even fully aware of, the school board decided to completely disband the Raiderette program all together, which became controversial considering the new squad consisted of innocent girls(mostly) and some completely new girls. Then, after many meetings and feuding, they decide to reinstate the program. Instead of continuing with the new squad they held new try-outs! 15 girls tried out including the ones involved in the scandal which occured in the first place.(Hmmm) All 15 were girls who were on the first squad or girls who had made the new squad for the first time. If they insist the two be put back on the squad, could they simply take the 15 who wanted to try out (considering they had all made it at one time or another)? NO!!! Two of the new girls did not make it this time around! The two who were in trouble did! So now, there are two that weren't on the squad when the tapes were made, who made it the first time this year (and were thrilled by the way), only to be told there would be no squad. At this time it was too late to try out for cheerleading or other activities by the way. They fought with the rest of the girls to get the program reinstated, then after the new try-outs didn't make it. I am the mother of a student at North County, but have no connection to any of these girls. But there is something very wrong here! As if this weren't bad enough, the try-out reults were posted on a door for goodness sakes for these girls to view together! Can you imagine the feelings of these two girls? Who were not even on the squad when the sex tapes were being made? I'm sure they have been on a huge emotional roller coaster and they did NOTHING WRONG! They have been punished and I just think this was so wrong.
personal

Columbia, MO

#4 May 7, 2007
i think they did do something and i think it was a great idea to have the girls who did it .. NOT try out for at LEAST 2 years.
tehe

Park Hills, MO

#5 Mar 24, 2009
I think the raiderettes have always been sluts and i know all of them i think they shouldnt be able to try out at all and if you have ever met any of them you would know they are all alcholics and party all the time
Muha

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Dec 3, 2011
I know quite a few ;) real personal
former raiderette

Wichita Falls, TX

#7 Dec 3, 2011
first of all i was on the squad during this time, and there were only 2 girls out of 18 involved so some ppl really should learn the correct facts, second i am married and have a child now and have been with my husband since i was a sophomore, so to say we are all sluts and alcoholics is very amusing, i do not even drink...and im well over the legal age to do so :)
another former raiderette

Folsom, CA

#8 Dec 3, 2011
It's sad to see the team go but after my year I think they should ban raiderettes at least for a couple of years, the sad thing is not everyone on that squad is a slut (I wasn't when I was on the team and still am not) but are considered one and from past experiences most of the parents know what their kids are doing but are in the other room doing the same things (mostly the alcohol) do how can you punish your own kid if your in the other room doing it too? I think it would be good to quit for a few years and have a fresh start at it
Zuto

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Dec 3, 2011
former raiderette wrote:
first of all i was on the squad during this time, and there were only 2 girls out of 18 involved so some ppl really should learn the correct facts, second i am married and have a child now and have been with my husband since i was a sophomore, so to say we are all sluts and alcoholics is very amusing, i do not even drink...and im well over the legal age to do so :)
Yeah I remember you hehe
pommie

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Dec 3, 2011
actually that was 4 years ago lol.. the squad started over with new coach and all new girls and since then, they've done the best they can to build up a rep that was destroyed before they even got there.. you don't know what's its like to be boo'd and called a slut during performances for something they didnt do.. so they don't need people bringing up things from the past..
f u all

United States

#11 Dec 4, 2011
I was on the team several times on the past few years. I find it amusing that people call us sluts because of what happened. In all honestly, the majority of us are virgins. I think its kinda hard to be a slut if you're a virgin! And don't judge us and say that we are alcoholics and whatnot. The fact is, there is a higher percentage of cheerleaders who drink than raiderettes. And sadly, their coaches know that they drink because they post it all over Facebook, yet they don't get kicked off of the team. Lastly, next time you see the Raiderettes have some respect. If you don't like them, that's fine but keep it to yourself. Its disrespectful and rude to sit right next to the parents of us girls who are dancing and boo them and call them sluts. You should be shamed of yourself! Grow up!
Normalperson

Palmdale, CA

#12 Dec 5, 2011
Honestly, there not all that bad. There's some girls on there that get a bad rap, just because they love to dance and that's the ONLY reason there on there, if the school wouldnt allow them to have to many opportunities to be "sluts" I don't think we would have the major sterotype we have. Such as the outfits there allowed to wear in performances, slightly rediclous at times. I personally know girls who are afraid, yes afraid, to try out because they dont want the reputation that comes along with being on the raiderettes. Now on the other hand... There are some very slutty girls on the squad. They can deny it all day long, but at the end of the day, quite frankly, when there discussing the latest dick** they have sucked or the latest guy they are texting (which is different from the day/week before) it still makes them trashy. Rather there actual sluts, or closet sluts who don't ACTUALLY do things, just say they will.(tease) which still, in turn, makes them slutty in my eyes. Wrapping it up, there are definitely the sluts on the squad but there are also some very good girls who just want the opportunity to do what they love. And they know who they are, there's no need to point it out. Pick one guy ladies, your degrading yourself. Don't talk to your friends boyfriends, for ANY reason what so ever. At all, EVER. just don't. And finally, we don't care if your a freshman having sex and we don't want to hear who you don't like. Get over yourselves, you know who you are. Lastly, apologize to anyone you've ever wronged, for any reason. You'll feel much better about yourself.
:)

United States

#13 Dec 6, 2011
I'm a raiderette. I find it funny that we still have the reputation of "sluts" when I don't know a single slut on the team.
NOTHING but the TRUTH

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 6, 2011
[QUOTE who=":)"]I'm a raiderette. I find it funny that we still have the reputation of "sluts" when I don't know a single slut on the team.[/QUOTE]

^ <3
People who b*tch and complain on here are attention sluts
Current Captain

United States

#15 Dec 6, 2011
I've had about enough of this! What happened in the past should stay in the past. I love my girls more than anything and I'm sick and tired of everyone bad mouthing them! Sure, they've made some bad decisions that I don't agree with but I keep my mouth shut because it's their life! What they do on their time is their concern and no ones' business but their own. End of discussion. All of you that have nothing better to do than start drama when there's no reason for it, please get a life. It's getting quite pathetic. You don't know us! We're a whole new squad and we've worked hard to improve the reputation and image of the Raiderettes. I, for one, do not want nor need your approval! I've worked my butt off and have earned my spot on the team and they've become my family.. They are GOOD GIRLS! Despite all this ignorance. Girls, I'm here for you. Don't pay any attention to hateful people, they aren't worth your time. You're better than all of this. Keep your heads up. I couldn't ask for a better squad or senior year.:)
Former NC Raiderette

United States

#16 Dec 6, 2011
I was on pommies my freshmen year then I moved schools, I was on long before this incident happened. But when I was on none of us were sluts or alcoholics, we won state championships and were the best dance team for miles. I think the people who called us names were jealous. Because I do recall girls that didn't make pommies say that well "you only made it because of your name" , no the only girls who made it were great dancers, doesn't matter your name. I'm glad they brought the team back to give all these girls the same opportunity we older girls had. I will say after the 06 incident the Raiderettes just haven't been the same. But Kudos to all te girls that keep trying, keep your heads up. Don't let something that happened years ago affect you, especially when none of you were involved!
wellhungmakeyouc um

Park Hills, MO

#17 Dec 16, 2011
Who were the girls? I wanna make a sexy video with them
CoCaptain

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Dec 18, 2011
An eating disorder, pretty sure it's called high metabolism. If you know what that even means.
BrandiMichelle<3

De Soto, MO

#23 Dec 18, 2011
He probably doesn't know what that means.
smartass

United States

#24 Dec 19, 2011
another former raiderette wrote:
It's sad to see the team go but after my year I think they should ban raiderettes at least for a couple of years, the sad thing is not everyone on that squad is a slut (I wasn't when I was on the team and still am not) but are considered one and from past experiences most of the parents know what their kids are doing but are in the other room doing the same things (mostly the alcohol) do how can you punish your own kid if your in the other room doing it too? I think it would be good to quit for a few years and have a fresh start at it
Ur an idiot if the girls wanna dance let them just get the dipshits out of there I think the girls that made the tape shouldn't have been left in school at all and coaches are also to blame but 95 percent all just two dumbass girls

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonne Terre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guest finally run out of Obama bites 3 hr Brian 22
Police Tip 101 6 hr DARE PROGRAM 1
LS1 Engine Mechanic in Farmington (Jun '11) Fri no problems 17
Mad mom Fri LOL 41
Bo Womble and Angela Brown (Jan '15) Apr 28 Spy 7
Steak and shake Apr 28 guest 11
Stick a fork in America... Apr 27 Guest of Honor 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonne Terre Mortgages