First Prev
of 16
Next Last
ticked-off

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jan 25, 2011
I was just curious to know if anyone else is tired of getting screwed by the Bonne Terre water department?
SomewhereOutTher e

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Feb 25, 2011
Bonne Terre City Hall...some City Government officials...need a full make-over, in my point of view. The Street Department is highly lacking in manpower, as the streets/alleys are in disrepair (potholes, cracked asphalt pavement, etc.). And don't even get me started on the so-called City Pound/Animal Control. I've been hearing alot of bad things coming out of there...and from things I've read and photos I've seen...hmm...the people of Bonne Terre would be ashamed...just my opinion.
ticked-off

United States

#3 Feb 26, 2011
I totally agree with you!! I love driving through Bonne Terre and seeing what city workers they do have just standing around playing on there phones!!I will say too that the City Office needs to get "Dawn" out of there and get somebody that is more qaulified with their people skills.. Bonne Terre is slowly going down the shitter!
SomewhereOutTher e

United States

#4 Feb 28, 2011
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees the corruption there. I heard/saw the signs up on the City Hall doors/interior windows...something about "Those of you who yell, make a scene, cause trouble or otherwise disturb any City employee will be CITED/ARRESTED...be nice to City Employees...they're only doing their job?" Seriously?? Doing what job, exactly? Those female clerks (no offense if you're female) are ridiculous...incompetent and certainly not "customer service" material. And, I just found out today that the Police Chief and the Mayor have the same last name (are they related?)...coincidence? Maybe not...

And their so-called "Animal Control"...have you seen what they call a "City Pound"? One look at that building (located in the Street Department/Public Works facility, and not even out in the open so residents can visit at any time) and you may throw up. I've heard recently they've given it a good cleaning (first time in a long time, I assure you). But that doesn't absolve them...hell the Street Department employees are the ones I was told that actually do the "animal stuff"...so go figure!

“LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC”

Since: Jan 10

Park Hills

#5 Feb 28, 2011
I hope a massive wave of corrupt city, state and fed govt officials all over the country realize the error of their ways and turn from their corruption before civil unrest starts and these people are drug out of their homes, cars, and offices and shot in the streets by extremely pissed off American citizens. The time for the American Uprising is rapidly approaching...wake up before its too late.
Life

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Mar 28, 2011
The street department is the only department i ever see out working in this town and yes they do pick up dogs and do the dog pound but they can only do so much with what they have to work with. If you would like to donate money or take things down to the dogs im sure that they would be more than happy to assist you. I doubt they like seeing the animals in the conditions you say they are in. Then you also need to understand they do work for the city and couldnt possibly make that much money so why dont you quit bitching and get off your ass and try to help. You sit here and mouth like you know everybodys situation but im betting a few of those street department fellas have taken dogs home to keep them and provide a home for them because they wher about to be put to sleep. I know for a fact they have so how about this we will just divide the dogs up and send them to each of your houses so they can be more comftorable. It seems to me someone is an ex-employee and has to hide behind a computer. I live in bonne terre and have my whole life and if bonne terre is run down it is because of the drugs and ignorent residents like you all on this damn website running your mouth. Do something to help your city dont just talk trash on it.
Anonymous

United States

#7 Mar 29, 2011
Here is just a thought I hope everyone things about, instead of voting in the same alderman or woman this year, vote for someone else!! Even when they talk in the paper about how they don't wanna give up their seat because they want to see the streets better. You ms. Driemeier, have been on the board for years and NOTHING has been done! Time for someone else to take that seat!
i agree

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Mar 30, 2011
Whynot20, absolutely!!
Just saying

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Mar 30, 2011
I look at these comments and wonder if you all are so good and perfect why are you not doing something to better this town?? You could not pay me enough to work at city hall and I know they sure don't make enough to put up with all the Rude people they put up with and yes they are just doing there job. I for one have never seen any of them out reading your water meter or going around turning peoples outside faucets on to run up there bill. Lets be real people...They are no different than you and I they have a job to do and they do it the best they can, put yourself in there shoes and then look at how you talk and treat them. SAD VERY SAD..
Anonymous

United States

#10 Mar 30, 2011
Just saying wrote:
I look at these comments and wonder if you all are so good and perfect why are you not doing something to better this town?? You could not pay me enough to work at city hall and I know they sure don't make enough to put up with all the Rude people they put up with and yes they are just doing there job. I for one have never seen any of them out reading your water meter or going around turning peoples outside faucets on to run up there bill. Lets be real people...They are no different than you and I they have a job to do and they do it the best they can, put yourself in there shoes and then look at how you talk and treat them. SAD VERY SAD..
I have actually applied for city jobs before. An alderman's daughter got one job and someone else got the other.
Just saying

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Mar 30, 2011
What does that have to do with making a change in your town...You don't have to work for the city to make a positive change in it. Sorry you didn't get the job but just look around almost anywhere you go now days you better know someone..I know it's not right but that's how it is..
Stop whining

Farmington, MO

#12 Mar 30, 2011
Stop Whining
every one complains

Farmington, MO

#13 Mar 30, 2011
lately its been brought up that the departments of bonne terre street and water .the street dept has plenty of help at least ten employees and the water has three im told. i know i have friends that work in both. all day you get to hear people complain about this and that. usally by citizens that sleep till noon and dont even work in the first place. and for the pay that dosent even compete with surrounding areas.some employees are so busy trying to worry about what other employees are doing they themselves dont even get anything done. great pay and your fellow employee trying to screw you from behind sounds great dosent it . where do i sign up

“LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC”

Since: Jan 10

Park Hills

#14 Mar 30, 2011
I don't live in Bonne Terre, but here's a suggestion. Sounds like you need a group to police the police and city officials, to make sure they are acting Constitutionally and in the interests of the citizens. neighborhood watch....its not just for the little old lady down the street anymore. That's what we have going on here in Park Hills. SMCM patrol the streets of park hills daily, and the surrounding wooded areas by night. when you town is overrun by criminality, and unconstitutional acts are being committed by LE or city officials, you needn't look any farther than the Bill Of Rights, more specifically the 2nd Amendment. We, as American citizens, have the right to arm ourselves, organize and form citizens militias, and remind our elected officials and civil servants just who holds the power here in America. THE PEOPLE. Let them know that they serve you, not the other way around, and if they do not act accordingly, they will be removed from those positions, either peacefully, or if that doesn't work, and if necessary, by force. As Thomas Jefferson put it,
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
BT resident

United States

#15 Mar 31, 2011
I do not believe anyone living in this city is forced to stay. Highway 67 is open both ways so pack up and leave--or could it be not paying city taxes that is keeping you complainers here. I also know the workers of water/street dept. How many of you seen them after hours working in below freezing weather- clearing streets/ working on water lines that froze and burst? For all people that work,(which most would not be on this post, because they ARE working) unless you are your own boss, there is a BOSS that tells you what to do. My opinion about the animal pound, IF the citizens were more responsible of taking care of their animals- they would not be picked-up and put in the pound-(if you don't like what you see stay away) I have 3 dogs-my dog are on a leash EVERYTIME they are outside-when one dog got loose I looked the neighbor until I found him, I did not expect my neighbors, police, or city dog catcher to find my dog that is called RESPONSIBLITY.
Water bills should be paid just like you pay electric, gas. cable & phone. I do not believe any of the above essentials will let you go past due payment over 2-3 months, before you find them knocking on your door or just disconnecting you from their provided services. Lived here all my life and planning on staying, who really cares what complainers say- they never try to change the system, just complain about the system.
Just saying

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Mar 31, 2011
Very well said BT resident...Change will never happen if people don't step-up and make a positive change in ther own lives and we can all do that.
BT resident

United States

#18 Apr 4, 2011
Why people need to blame others, is beyond me. IF you DO NOT LIKE the way our City is operating- make yourself known and DO something about it. Back-stabbing people are the ones who make statements and will critize people, but will not leave their name. What BT does NOT need is residents like YOU, who only find fault, in how the city is operating, yet choose to complain and not help solve the problems. Personally, if I have problem with a city issue or city employee- I go to the main source and discuss it. But people like YOU like to make your remarks with a computer keyboard.
So much for your credibility. Why don't you discuss your problem with the BARTON'S in an openly matter, instead of hiding behind a computer, or is it, that Bartons' may already know WHO you are?

United States

#20 Apr 5, 2011
The Barton Clan wrote:
If the all powerful Bartons know all then send them over. They are nothing more than leaches that are sucking of the taxpayers of BT. And you are either one of the worthless bunch or under their desk eating the scraps.
Taxpayers of Bonne Terre??? Since Bonne Terre don't have a tax it's hard for that to happen... Like BT Resident has said If you don't like it get the he'll out!!!
BT resident

United States

#21 Apr 5, 2011
The Barton Clan wrote:
If the all powerful Bartons know all then send them over. They are nothing more than leaches that are sucking of the taxpayers of BT. And you are either one of the worthless bunch or under their desk eating the scraps.
No I am not "one of the bunch" I do not personally know the Bartons' I do know Larry is BT administrator, Janet has did volunteer work and do not know their son, Matt. It is remarkable how Larry is getting tax dollars from you when BT has not had a city tax since before Gail Blackwell(Can you remember that?). Why is it, people like to make their comments about the Bartons' and others they disapprove of hiding behind a computer. This type of comment is addressed as "chicken shit" comment.
Only chicken shitters talks behind a persons back, or hiding behind a computer. If your "BLOWHARD" comments are anything like your attitude BT would be much better without you and your kind. Unfortunately, I cannot make that decison of who stays and who goes. How childish are you? your remark about "under the desk" I would never thought of something so vulgar. But could this be why you are so "down" on the Bartons'? You have been replaced from "Under the Desk" and have know idea who replaced you. Jealously is a terrible disease! Why not take the energy you use in writing negative remarks and apply them to a positive attitude, to help BT be a better place to live, if this is too hard for you then MOVE! As I stated before, your comment are as worthless as what you write. I have lived in BT all my life and NOBODY can tell me about City Hall issues. Your personal issue with the Bartons' are just that-so why not keep them personal, Most people could careless what you think.
fedup

United States

#26 Apr 6, 2011
No is that Jason getting arrested for disorderly in Leadwood

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonne Terre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katie smith 3 hr Smokie 5
home alarm systems (Aug '12) 4 hr MY EXPERIENCE 22
dennis crocker (Feb '14) 4 hr YELLER BELLY 8
Apt-1 by proffers ---METH . I'm so fed up with ... 7 hr Someone 2
Happy Turkey Day 7 hr Larhonda 2
Veterans Nov 23 scanner 5
Jaime McDonough Nov 23 Minnow B 26
Bonne Terre Dating
Find my Match

Bonne Terre People Search