First Prev
of 45
Next Last
Citizen

Chipley, FL

#1 Jan 8, 2009
Does anyone know what changes were made to the Holmes Co. Sheriff's Dept.? Did the new Sheriff let any of the old guys go? Did any of them quit? Is he bringing in new people? What changes has he made for the department? Since the last Sheriff had a major drug unit and CASE, is this one continuing those steps?
hellonwheels

United States

#2 Jan 8, 2009
I can tell you has brought in outside the county and with positions. All the employees that are still here was all demoted. And on top of that hires do-nothing Ronnie Bennett with no less a title he couldn't even handle the city. Does that tell you anything about our new sheriff?
Citizen

Chipley, FL

#3 Jan 8, 2009
hellonwheels wrote:
I can tell you has brought in outside the county and with positions. All the employees that are still here was all demoted. And on top of that hires do-nothing Ronnie Bennett with no less a title he couldn't even handle the city. Does that tell you anything about our new sheriff?
I thought you had to live in the county when you worked for a county agency...also, didn't the last sheriff do a pretty good job with the men he had on the drug team...why demote the ones who did a good job? What is Bennett's title?
west end

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Jan 8, 2009
Village idiot- just kiddin'. i know he was in on the firing and re-interviewing employees. he seems to be the cheif deputy but i think john braxton is the main chief deputy.
Yancey is fired. Hamilton got demoted and took a big cut in salary, like thousands of dollars. Goddin the same and they took his rank he earned after working for 15 or more years. Wells is demoted and lost thousands. Eaton got fired, the whole finance department got fired. Pretty much anybody you were used to calling for help with your problems got fired or demoted.

Since: Oct 08

United States

#5 Jan 8, 2009
Latest news from the paper:

Brown brought former Chipley Police Dept. Investigator John Braxton, Jr. in as chief deputy based in large part on Braxton’s considerable experience in investigating drug cases.“We want to stay on top there,” Brown said.

Brown also announced that former Chipley Police Chief Ronnie Bennett would be lieutenant over road deputies. Former Washington County Chief Deputy James Barnes would be captain and jail supervisor, as well as providing his knowledge from many years in law enforcement. Sgt. Steve Gecko will return to the department.

“You always want to surround yourself with good people,” Brown said. Most of the department will remain in service he said.

Brown also thanked outgoing Sheriff Dennis Lee and his staff for helping with the transition.“The transition went well,” Brown said.“I appreciate how Dennis opened doors and made it easy for me.”

Brown said he and the department would waste no time getting active. The new sheriff said they planned “to slide right in” and go to work immediately. One thing he plans to do is make the department more visible to the public.

Since: Oct 08

United States

#6 Jan 8, 2009
That name should be corrected to SGT. Steve Grecco.
MChesnut

Crestview, FL

#7 Jan 8, 2009
I am a firm believer that Mr. Chris Wells will make the positive changes that we have been anticipating. Mr. Wells is well qualified for this position.
HolmesMania

United States

#8 Jan 8, 2009
Good job Tim. Voters demanded change + Tim Brown makes changes = Change delivered!
hellonwheels

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2009
SGT.Grecco mowain't that a joke?
ChrisT

United States

#10 Jan 8, 2009
I think the biggest joke got sent to the house by the voters
Citizen

Chipley, FL

#11 Jan 8, 2009
west end wrote:
Village idiot- just kiddin'. i know he was in on the firing and re-interviewing employees. he seems to be the cheif deputy but i think john braxton is the main chief deputy.
Yancey is fired. Hamilton got demoted and took a big cut in salary, like thousands of dollars. Goddin the same and they took his rank he earned after working for 15 or more years. Wells is demoted and lost thousands. Eaton got fired, the whole finance department got fired. Pretty much anybody you were used to calling for help with your problems got fired or demoted.
I see where Wells and Hamilton are running for the Police Cheif job. I guess their salary cut was big enough to make them look elsewhere..I saw where Barnes is coming in from Washington Co, I guess that's why Yancey left. Someone told me that the CASE web site no longer mentions the SO, so I guess they are dropping the funding for that. I think CASE was a help to many, I hope they find funding if this Sheriff drops them. Lee supported the program and the person who runs it. I've heard her story and she seemed honest about helping others.
I hope the changes made are for the good. Time will tell.
ChrisT

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2009
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you had to live in the county when you worked for a county agency
Where were you whiner at when Dufus Dennis hired that rogue cop from Alabama who lived in Alabama while he ransacked Holmes County. Has everyone forgot Eddie Ingram and his crap!

Get the HELL over it, Lee got his stupid ass whipped and is begging for his job at the city back like he did the time when he went crying to Margaret Hall after her husband Mayor Hall fired him from the police department.

Let's see, Lee got fired from the Airforce. He didn't even get an honorable discharge! He got fired from the police department once and he got fired from the sheriff's department and he lost the election.

You bunch of titty babies need to move on!
what

Destin, FL

#13 Jan 8, 2009
Your info is so bogus. Why mention poor mayor Hall at all? I remember when lee gave out copies of his discharge papers a few elections ago to shut Bill Pate up and he didnt have a dishonorable discharge. and didnt Ingram lose the Houston County Sheriff election by a couple of votes? Guess he wasnt' that bad huh.
FYI though, Dennis is trying to help Tim all he can. Tim is real honest about that he wants the department to keep working hard and I've heard him say it. He isnt dogging Tim.
ChrisT

United States

#14 Jan 8, 2009
He didn't have an honorable one either did he? Dennis also gave me one of those copies and it was NOT an honorable discharge!
ChrisT

United States

#15 Jan 8, 2009
My family has owned a business in Bonifay for many many years; my dad and my grandfather! I know a little about Holmes County politics and Bonifay politics. Dennis will not make a good chief no more that he made a good sheriff! He is a louse and needs to move out of Holmes County. We, as a family, pay more taxes than all of you put together, so I have a reason to bitch!
Jeffrey

Bulgaria

#16 Jan 8, 2009
Look all of this will disappear soon enough. Dennis Lee needs a job and he'll make a good chief. Chris you're right he did not get an honorable discharge he got a general discharge and he was fired from the airforce for certain acts. It did not rise to the level of a dishonorable discharge, But he did not get an honorable discharge. It is not relevent anymore.
what

Destin, FL

#17 Jan 9, 2009
Always glad to see a Fish take the bait. Hows the HUD business?

“"Out In The Backwoods"”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18 Jan 12, 2009
Pink Lady5 wrote:
Latest news from the paper:
Brown brought former Chipley Police Dept. Investigator John Braxton, Jr. in as chief deputy based in large part on Braxton’s considerable experience in investigating drug cases.“We want to stay on top there,” Brown said.
Brown also announced that former Chipley Police Chief Ronnie Bennett would be lieutenant over road deputies. Former Washington County Chief Deputy James Barnes would be captain and jail supervisor, as well as providing his knowledge from many years in law enforcement. Sgt. Steve Gecko will return to the department.
“You always want to surround yourself with good people,” Brown said. Most of the department will remain in service he said.
Brown also thanked outgoing Sheriff Dennis Lee and his staff for helping with the transition.“The transition went well,” Brown said.“I appreciate how Dennis opened doors and made it easy for me.”
Brown said he and the department would waste no time getting active. The new sheriff said they planned “to slide right in” and go to work immediately. One thing he plans to do is make the department more visible to the public.
thanks pink lady. i agree with you also. i think the good out number the bad that tim brown has working for him now.
Just Curious

United States

#20 Jan 12, 2009
Can anyone tell me why tim always looks down while he's talking to you?
here you go

Wausau, FL

#21 Jan 13, 2009
Means the person is not honest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 45
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonifay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Reed (Aug '11) 43 min Debra 361
Closing Poplar Springs High School and/or Bethl... 5 hr debit card 6
News Superintendent accused of skewing FSA results 5 hr debit card 2
Carter Woman stabbed (Jan '16) Tue you should be ash... 10
Bonifay Hypocrites Mon know the right 9
missing Phillip enfinger curry ferry landing (Feb '16) Aug 10 AMF 68
ugly political signs Aug 9 Curiosity 12

Bonifay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance