Tabitha Caplinger employee of the de...
Sweet Tea

Livingston, TX

#44 Jun 12, 2012
Sweet Pea wrote:
<quoted text>
Well butter my butt and call me a flapjack.
Having kittens in the oven doesn't make them biscuits.
Deez Nuts

Livingston, TX

#45 Jun 12, 2012
Ramrodrowdyyates wrote:
Article 4 Section 11 of FCEC By-Laws
"The Board of Directors shall require the Treasurer or any other officer, agent or employee of the Cooperative charged with responsibility for the custody of any of its funds or property, to give bond in such sum and with such surety as the Board of Directors shall determine. The Board of Directors in its discretion may also require any other officer, agent or employee of the Cooperative to give bond in such amount and with such surety as it shall determine."
Betcha Tabitha (with access to huge sums of money) WASN'T bonded.
Very interesting. But, Coop members voted to not allow other electricity providers to use their lines. This is common with most electrical cooperatives after deregulation. I suppose it could be resubmitted for a vote if the proper rules were followed.
Potty Mouth

Sherman, TX

#46 Jun 12, 2012
Deez Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting. But, Coop members voted to not allow other electricity providers to use their lines. This is common with most electrical cooperatives after deregulation. I suppose it could be resubmitted for a vote if the proper rules were followed.
Deez Nuts....why dont u get on deez nuts big boy
Roys Arse

Livingston, TX

#47 Jun 12, 2012
He is talking out of me because his mouth knows better.
actually

Texarkana, AR

#48 Jun 12, 2012
Ike wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure, as there are lots of rumors going around.
One of them is, she was overbilling another power company that was buying from Fannin Electric.(Power companies sell power to other power companies.)
There may be more to it than that, but it's worth considering.
That still doesn't make it right, though.
You say she was "overbilling" another power company, but if they were paying for it, they must have been ok with the price. That money she personally pocketed should have gone to the co-op. If this extra money had gone to the co-op as it should have, co-op members could have been paying lower bills or the co-op would have had more to invest in infrastructure.
Shoeless Joe
#49 Jun 13, 2012
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
You say she was "overbilling" another power company, but if they were paying for it, they must have been ok with the price. That money she personally pocketed should have gone to the co-op. If this extra money had gone to the co-op as it should have, co-op members could have been paying lower bills or the co-op would have had more to invest in infrastructure.
Did you not understand what was said? She overbilled the other utility company..... meaning she took "their" money. It should go back to the company who overpaid, not be kept by FCEC.
Yonley Quey
#50 Jun 13, 2012
Her family so upset. Saw her Father early in teh week. He is talking about retiring and moving out of this area.
rodney

United States

#51 Jun 13, 2012
Yonley Quey wrote:
Her family so upset. Saw her Father early in teh week. He is talking about retiring and moving out of this area.
guess he can with his share
Dear Lord

Sherman, TX

#52 Jun 13, 2012
Her mother is probably rolling over in her grave right now!! Bless her heart!!
Roger

Texarkana, TX

#53 Jun 13, 2012
Yonley Quey wrote:
Her father actually passed away about 25 years ago.
Roger

Texarkana, TX

#54 Jun 13, 2012
Dear Lord wrote:
Her mother is probably rolling over in her grave right now!! Bless her heart!!
Her mother is still living.
Im Positive

Sherman, TX

#55 Jun 13, 2012
No I was told by some of her friends she ran away with an elvis impersonator back in the 80's. I think she works as a cocktail waitress as ceasars palace...
WWJD

Gober, TX

#56 Jun 13, 2012
Half the people on here act like they have the right to be judging others when they aren't so righteous themselves. Unless you know ALL the facts you should really keep your mouths shut!!I guess some people from small towns have NOTHING better to do than start drama for their own lame entertainment...
WWJD

Gober, TX

#57 Jun 13, 2012
rodney wrote:
<quoted text>
guess he can with his share
YOU ARE PATHETIC!!
Ramrodrowdyyates

United States

#58 Jun 13, 2012
Most seem to be missing the bigger picture.

1) It appears that huge sums have been "misappropriated" over years and years. The management has obviously been asleep at the wheel at best. The term GROSSLY NEGLIGENT comes to mind as a better descriptor of the situation.
2) Fannin County Electric Co-op is a monopoly. "Shareholders" are largely left out of the loop on decisions on the operations - and are blocked from competitive pricing by federal laws.
3) We pay close to DOUBLE what our neighbors who are NOT included in the rural co-op territories pay.

As Shareholders we OWN the Co-op. And we should be able to SELL our assets (which it appears we have been paying a LOT of extra money for, in one way or another) and join the rest of American citizenry in the FREE MARKET; paying lower rates, getting better service (am I on the ONLY stretch of FCEC lines that seem to have outages or spikes on a weekly or more average basis?) and also getting SOME return on my 15year plus investment.

By the Way - we do not have to wait until September to address any issues with the board or any of this situation. We can gather petitions of the shareholders and immediately call for an emergency meeting. I suggest anyone truly concerned with this situation go to FCEC's website and read the by-laws.
schmo

Sherman, TX

#59 Jun 13, 2012
Ramrodrowdyyates wrote:
Most seem to be missing the bigger picture.
1) It appears that huge sums have been "misappropriated" over years and years. The management has obviously been asleep at the wheel at best. The term GROSSLY NEGLIGENT comes to mind as a better descriptor of the situation.
2) Fannin County Electric Co-op is a monopoly. "Shareholders" are largely left out of the loop on decisions on the operations - and are blocked from competitive pricing by federal laws.
3) We pay close to DOUBLE what our neighbors who are NOT included in the rural co-op territories pay.
As Shareholders we OWN the Co-op. And we should be able to SELL our assets (which it appears we have been paying a LOT of extra money for, in one way or another) and join the rest of American citizenry in the FREE MARKET; paying lower rates, getting better service (am I on the ONLY stretch of FCEC lines that seem to have outages or spikes on a weekly or more average basis?) and also getting SOME return on my 15year plus investment.
By the Way - we do not have to wait until September to address any issues with the board or any of this situation. We can gather petitions of the shareholders and immediately call for an emergency meeting. I suggest anyone truly concerned with this situation go to FCEC's website and read the by-laws.
Hey ram rod, why dont we petiton to have you removed off topix, dont you know this is a funny webiste. Quit acting so tuff big guy. I bet you want your head scratched for your efforts, dont you big guy?:)
70watt

Texarkana, TX

#60 Jun 13, 2012
schmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ram rod, why dont we petiton to have you removed off topix, dont you know this is a funny webiste. Quit acting so tuff big guy. I bet you want your head scratched for your efforts, dont you big guy?:)
Ouch, I think somebodys toes got stepped on.
Jimmy

Duncanville, TX

#61 Jun 13, 2012
Boys, Boys, can't we all just get along?
Bonham HERO

Sherman, TX

#62 Jun 13, 2012
70watt wrote:
<quoted text>Ouch, I think somebodys toes got stepped on.
Ouch looks like you need a 70 watt bulb up ur arse!
Bonham HERO

Sherman, TX

#63 Jun 13, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
Boys, Boys, can't we all just get along?
GOD BLESS YOU !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bois d'Arc Mudflat 9 min Mudflat Man 1
News Sammy Sadler releasing 'In America' country mus... 2 hr Kimberly Ochoa 1
Warriors 4 hr Titts 32
Bonham School Grounds 5 hr GPS 7
Court House 6 hr Pointless 34
yes or no 8 hr Cotton Belt Jethro 13
Trades Days Animals Aug 26 Death Upon Departure 4

Bonham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance