To all BISD Board Members
Resident

Texarkana, TX

#21 Oct 17, 2012
Asst principal at Evans was relieved of her duties.
Watch dog

Sulphur Springs, TX

#22 Oct 17, 2012
Assistant principal at Evans. Just resigned don't know why. Many rumors going around. Leave it at that.
simple

Texarkana, TX

#23 Oct 17, 2012
Teachers quit crying!!! You knew what the job was about when you took it(pay,demands). Are you telling me, that you can't be a "great" teacher because 1. You work for Bonham ISD and 2. The superintendent is not your friend. It's simple do your job regardless! There are bad teachers and coaches that need to be gone,but be a "great" teacher(actually care for the kids) and you DON'T have anything to worry about. It's those that are "just" drawing a paycheck that need to be gone!
Shadee

Texarkana, TX

#24 Oct 17, 2012
simple wrote:
Teachers quit crying!!! You knew what the job was about when you took it(pay,demands). Are you telling me, that you can't be a "great" teacher because 1. You work for Bonham ISD and 2. The superintendent is not your friend. It's simple do your job regardless! There are bad teachers and coaches that need to be gone,but be a "great" teacher(actually care for the kids) and you DON'T have anything to worry about. It's those that are "just" drawing a paycheck that need to be gone!
There is much more to being a great teacher than 'caring about kids'....caring about cats doesn't make you a good lion tamer; caring about food doesn't make you a good chef. Being good at something requires natural talent, good training,skillful mentoring, and the freedom to practice your skills without being hobbled.
Simple

Texarkana, TX

#25 Oct 17, 2012
Shadee wrote:
<quoted text>
There is much more to being a great teacher than 'caring about kids'....caring about cats doesn't make you a good lion tamer; caring about food doesn't make you a good chef. Being good at something requires natural talent, good training,skillful mentoring, and the freedom to practice your skills without being hobbled.
Okay, you totally missed my point! STOP crying about what you DON'T have!!! Be the best teacher/person that you can be REGARDLESS of who is your BOSS. Because you don't like your boss/superintendent your going to be a poor teacher?
Tom L

Texarkana, TX

#26 Oct 17, 2012
george wrote:
As someone who has respect for our current school board, we as a community have made some progress in getting a bond passed and would like to see the community come together in support of our schools in education and sports. My concern is the new superintendent that has been hired. In a very short time he has made many changes that have had very little impact on moving the school in a positive direction. Morale is the lowest it has been in many years. I would encourage the school board to take a close look at the changes being made and the cost this superintendent is having on BISD employees and the financial cost to the tax payers. It seems we are spending more money and getting the worst performance from a superentendant that we have had in many years. As voting citizens we can make the changes needed but would like to see our current school board make them for us. Thats why I voted for you.
You sound like Obama blaming all his short falls on George Bush. Yes, morale is down because there is no discipline, students or bored. I hear people taking about students being on facebook in class. That is the teachers' fault. Teachers in Bonham are like your friend instead of a mentor.BISD main problem is the board,everyone of them need to be replaced with an older experienced person. Such as, a retired teacher, executive, someone with a higher education to govern over the schools.
Easy way out

Leonard, TX

#27 Oct 17, 2012
AP at Evans resigned.
Just Saying

Texarkana, TX

#28 Oct 17, 2012
Shadee wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lowered the MORALITY"??? He must indeed be a powerful man....Satan himself!
ROTFL! WOW, I was so astounded by the other stupid comments I missed that one!
Just Saying

Texarkana, TX

#29 Oct 17, 2012
Watch out wrote:
I need to say this to the people with their opinions on this site. Yes this is a free country and we have the right to free speech, but if your opinions become damaging to ones reputation, this is called slander. You are not above the law and will be punished according to your ways. And you can't hide behind a computer for long. You will be revealed because this site has ways of revealing the truth so I'd be extremely careful as to what I'm saying. If you can't say something nice and build others up, then keep your opinions to yourself!!
Actually, a shared opinion is not "slander" unless ....
A. the statement is deliberatly presented as fact and the person making the statement knows it is false.
B. there is intent to harm the subject of the statement ( or the subjects reputation) in anyway.
If both A & B are not present, then it's simply GOSSIP, and that is one thing in which Bonhamites excell.
Also, if this forum limited posters to saying only "nice" things....there would be no posters!
Watch out

Greenville, TX

#30 Oct 17, 2012
I totally agree with simple!! Quit whining and making excuses for your shortcomings. The district will never move forward if you don't take a stand against teachers that are just drawing a paycheck. I wished we could go back to teachers and coaches staying away from students business, and vice versa. That's a line that should never be crossed. And I think teachers and coaches should have their privacy.
What

Leonard, TX

#31 Oct 17, 2012
To watch out. What does teachers and coaches and their privacy have to do with this. Since you brought it up I think No, they should not have their privacy. For instance if it hurting loved ones and they are committing aldultry! What gives them the right to get to fool around on their spouses and keep it private. It is wrong.
Simple

Texarkana, TX

#32 Oct 17, 2012
Watch out wrote:
I totally agree with simple!! Quit whining and making excuses for your shortcomings. The district will never move forward if you don't take a stand against teachers that are just drawing a paycheck. I wished we could go back to teachers and coaches staying away from students business, and vice versa. That's a line that should never be crossed. And I think teachers and coaches should have their privacy.
It's simple! Teachers and coaches should not be talking about their affairs in front of kids. They listen and watch adults in what they say and how they act.
Watch out

Greenville, TX

#33 Oct 17, 2012
To you What!!!!!!!! I didn't ever say it was ok for teachers to cheat on their spouses so u need to stop now! I said teachers and coaches need to be separated from students after school hours. I love how you took what I said and totally twisted it!!!!!
I heard

Haslet, TX

#34 Oct 17, 2012
I heard two of the fourth grade teachers at Evans are living together.
Tom L

Texarkana, TX

#35 Oct 17, 2012
I heard wrote:
What about it? This is a free country, they can live together if they want to. What are you thinking?
Amen

Texarkana, TX

#36 Oct 17, 2012
What wrote:
To watch out. What does teachers and coaches and their privacy have to do with this. Since you brought it up I think No, they should not have their privacy. For instance if it hurting loved ones and they are committing aldultry! What gives them the right to get to fool around on their spouses and keep it private. It is wrong.
There are several coaches and teachers who have had there share of fooling around on their spouses...ask the kids they know who they are. It's sick! Where are their morals and values? Not with their families that for sure!
know your facts

Whitewright, TX

#37 Oct 17, 2012
I heard wrote:
They are married. Know your facts before you start gossip.
purple pride

Sherman, TX

#38 Oct 17, 2012
I heard wrote:
Um, I think they are married. They do have the same last name.
black-n-white

Point, TX

#39 Oct 17, 2012
I heard wrote:
I heard that too!!! ;-)
black-n-white

Point, TX

#40 Oct 17, 2012
purple pride wrote:
<quoted text>Um, I think they are married. They do have the same last name.
I do believe that was sarcasm..not meant as gossip. Yes, they are married!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bonham School Grounds 1 hr meatpacker 5
Warriors 4 hr Cheer 30
yes or no 12 hr Devin 12
Court House Sun Cheer 31
Trades Days Animals Aug 26 Death Upon Departure 4
Internet Texoma Awful Service (Oct '11) Aug 26 Steve Brodie 21
Trashy businesses Aug 26 Tammy 18

Bonham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance