BEDCO/Bonham Chrysler

BEDCO/Bonham Chrysler

Posted in the Bonham Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#1 Feb 12, 2013
After the Braum's deal I didn't think there was any hope for Bonham, Texas. I am pleased to see that someone finally thinks that "good ole boys deals" need further investigation. Hats off to the BEDCO Board, Judge Judy would be proud of you.
Resident

Lockhart, TX

#2 Feb 12, 2013
"The braum's deal"? Care to explain that shot? Don't tell me you think the city did something wrong there. You do know who the owner of that property was no?
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Resident wrote:
"The braum's deal"? Care to explain that shot? Don't tell me you think the city did something wrong there. You do know who the owner of that property was no?
I am shocked the one person who claims to know everything about Bonham, Texas does not know what went on behind the scenes for Braum's to be able to secure this piece of land.
Resident

Texarkana, TX

#4 Feb 13, 2013
LOL! The school tried to make a big deal out of it. That was city owned property, look it up in the tax records.
Jimbo

Lockhart, TX

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Who cares?
Resident

Texarkana, TX

#6 Feb 13, 2013
Apparently Michael Williams cares a great deal about it.
anon

Peoria, IL

#7 Feb 13, 2013
exactly who cares.... I'd rather know about when they are gonna start building this new hotel and restaurant space
Concerned

Caddo Mills, TX

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Bonham Chrysler provides many jobs for local workers, brings customers to our area from all over the area, and brings in thousands and thousands of tax dollars to Bonham each year. If they want the city to invest in something as trivial as a parking lot, who cares! They'll pay the $45,000 back to the city in tax revenue in about a year...and then the city is back to making money off of them. Who wouldn't do that (besides the fact there was a verbal agreement to do so if Bonham Chrysler would create more jobs, which they did).
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#10 Feb 13, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Bonham Chrysler provides many jobs for local workers, brings customers to our area from all over the area, and brings in thousands and thousands of tax dollars to Bonham each year. If they want the city to invest in something as trivial as a parking lot, who cares! They'll pay the $45,000 back to the city in tax revenue in about a year...and then the city is back to making money off of them. Who wouldn't do that (besides the fact there was a verbal agreement to do so if Bonham Chrysler would create more jobs, which they did).
Judge Judy doesn't rule on verbal agreements specially of this magnitude especially since it concerns taxpayer money.
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#11 Feb 13, 2013
anon wrote:
exactly who cares.... I'd rather know about when they are gonna start building this new hotel and restaurant space
For who, this community doesn't support the hotels or restaurants we already have, and nobody else has a reason to come here. Like everything else they will be open six months then will be gone.
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#12 Feb 13, 2013
Resident wrote:
LOL! The school tried to make a big deal out of it. That was city owned property, look it up in the tax records.
A yellow piece of paper with some scribbling on it does not count as a legal document. And the school district had good reason to make a big deal out of, wish the school district had gone to court.
IDTS

Boise, ID

#13 Feb 13, 2013
Just how many jobs did they bring. How about BEDCO, spend the money on the streets of Bonham. If the owner of the dealership can spend the kind of money on custom cars and trucks as he does , then he can pay for his on parking lot. I know he can spend his money as he sees fit , and I am fine with that. Sounds like some kind of bale out to me , and we know how that comes out.
Concerned

Sherman, TX

#14 Feb 14, 2013
23 more jobs, to be exact. They were asked to create 15 more jobs as part of the "verbal agreement" but created 23 more instead. The owner's personal possessions and income is separate from the business income, which is what would pay for the repaving of the parking lot. We talk about businesses not wanting to come or stay here...here is a business that has proven loyal to this community in creating jobs, sales tax revenue, bringing out-of-town shoppers to our local restaurants, donating to local charities, etc., but then the city refuses to give them a break. This is why no one wants to come here! Our city officials take and take without ever giving; if you take withdrawals without ever making deposits, you'll eventually come up empty...
WARNING
#15 Feb 14, 2013
I almost got crashed into by someone leaving Bonham Chrysler.
Question: Why can Bonham Chrysler use the "right of way" on 56 in front of the dealership to park cars for sale? Backed up so it looks like a extension of their parking lot often with the hazards going to get attention?
The property beyond the steel rail they have as a fence and security is state property.
What other business does this? Is it legal? Hmmm? Well I guess we will find out if there is a accident or injury inolving the cars parked for sale on the roadway.
Proud Citizen of Bonham

Denison, TX

#17 Feb 14, 2013
If all you have to do is gripe about Bonham, take the 9-10 different ways out of here and go find some other place to live. It's not like someone is making you stay, let me know, I'll help you pack. A lot of people don't like you anyways Michael Williams.
IDTS

Boise, ID

#18 Feb 14, 2013
Lets see $ 7.25 an hour part time , no benfits. Wow. Lmao
Proud Citizen of Bonham

Denison, TX

#19 Feb 14, 2013
IDTS wrote:
Lets see $ 7.25 an hour part time , no benfits. Wow. Lmao
What job are you referring to?
Proud Citizen of Bonham

Denison, TX

#20 Feb 14, 2013
I read in the Leader(Back page) this week and it clearly stated that Bonham Chrysler was named 2013 Business of the year for all their contributions that they make to this community, but the powers that be think that this is ok to just ignore. See what happens when they come calling for some real money later. I'm sure if you were to let the many people in this community that this company has helped vote, it would be a landslide unanimous vote to pay for the paving. Come on people!
Really

Boise, ID

#21 Feb 14, 2013
The 23 Concerned, spoke of. My God pay attention.
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#22 Feb 15, 2013
Proud Citizen of Bonham wrote:
If all you have to do is gripe about Bonham, take the 9-10 different ways out of here and go find some other place to live. It's not like someone is making you stay, let me know, I'll help you pack. A lot of people don't like you anyways Michael Williams.
Buy my house and I will be glad to leave but until that happens instead of living against me why don't you learn the facts, I have a right to complain just like you and a few others do about me, but my complaints deal with facts and people like you can't deal with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nfl sucks 16 min American 14
justice 4 jennifer (Jun '09) Wed Roys Toupee 473
City Ordinance Wed Roys Toupee 2
dq Wed Roys Toupee 48
News Pierce Pettis returns to Harmony House Concerts Tue Samstown Comp 4
Sheriff crying Oct 17 mr taggert 24
News The airplane at Fannin County Museum of History Oct 16 BS Detector 2

Bonham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonham Mortgages