Texarkana, TX

#3 May 1, 2012
So how many of the same people are on the City Council, BEDCO and BISD
Confused too

Haslet, TX

#4 May 1, 2012
Local support wrote:
So how many of the same people are on the City Council, BEDCO and BISD
Who serves in all three of these organizations?
Fannin Resident

Texarkana, TX

#5 May 1, 2012
Confused too wrote:
<quoted text>
Who serves in all three of these organizations?
Noone that I am aware of serves on all 3.
info

Texarkana, AR

#6 May 1, 2012
Oh - ok - Let's see...
Bonham school board currently is Chad Burnett, Lance Davis, Press Cox, Bob Thomas, Randy McBroom, Jim Simpson, Monica Kissling.(McBroom is not running for re-election, Kissling is running for re-election. Her opponent is Adam Deas. Michael Williams and Sean Floyd are running for McBroom's seat.)
City Council is currently Roy Floyd, Michael Evans, Glenn Taylor, John Burnett, Ruth Ann Thomas, HL Compton and Wayne Moore. Glenn is running for re-election and his opponent is Nancy Lawrence. Ruth Ann is running for re-election and her opponent is Margaret Bradshaw.
BEDCO Board is Emily Porter, Margaret Bradshaw, Wayne Moore, Jack Lipscomb, Mike Vaught, Bob Self and John Burnett. BEDCO Board is appointed by City Council
So, it looks like Wayne Moore and John Burnett are the two duplicates, both on the City Council and BEDCO. If Margaret Bradshaw wins her election, she will join those two.
Interesting that there are several family ties among school board & city council. Bob and Ruth Ann Thomas are married. John Burnett is father of Chad Burnett. Roy Floyd is father of candidate Sean Floyd.
info

Texarkana, AR

#7 May 1, 2012
PS - Glenn Taylor was the paid, part-time Executive Director of BEDCO up until a few months ago. Don't think BEDCO has hired a replacement yet. The BEDCO website still has Glenn's name all over it.
Roger

Texarkana, TX

#8 May 2, 2012
Corby Alexander was appointed director of BEDCO, like he needed any more stuff piled on him to oversee. Can't blame him if he looked for a better opportunity.
info

Texarkana, AR

#9 May 2, 2012
oh that's right! And I agree with you!
stirring the pot

Trenton, TX

#10 May 3, 2012
I agree that it is very confusing around here. We allow families control multiple boards via family members. That is our fault. The Burnetts, and the Thomases. With smear campaign against Williams, we may also have the Floyd's.

As for BEDCO, it is appointed by the City Council. Therefore it will reflect the political currents over at the Chestnut at Chestnut.
Local support wrote:
So how people are crossed linked to BISD
BEDCO & City Council
Is it allowed by State & Federal Law to do this
Just how much Corrupution is in Fannin County
stirring the pot

Trenton, TX

#11 May 3, 2012
I really wish I am allowed to edit my old stuff....
please mentally edit it to read:
"With the smear..."
waste of trees

Whitewright, TX

#12 May 3, 2012
stirring the pot wrote:
I agree that it is very confusing around here. We allow families control multiple boards via family members. That is our fault. The Burnetts, and the Thomases. With smear campaign against Williams, we may also have the Floyd's.
As for BEDCO, it is appointed by the City Council. Therefore it will reflect the political currents over at the Chestnut at Chestnut.
<quoted text>
What is the smear campaign against Williams? I know about the one Turner, Burnett and Lawrence are running against Taylor, but what are the Floyds doing to Williams? I have seen nothing in print.
Local Support

Texarkana, TX

#13 May 3, 2012
Thank you
The same people pushing for the train
info wrote:
Oh - ok - Let's see...
Bonham school board currently is Chad Burnett, Lance Davis, Press Cox, Bob Thomas, Randy McBroom, Jim Simpson, Monica Kissling.(McBroom is not running for re-election, Kissling is running for re-election. Her opponent is Adam Deas. Michael Williams and Sean Floyd are running for McBroom's seat.)
City Council is currently Roy Floyd, Michael Evans, Glenn Taylor, John Burnett, Ruth Ann Thomas, HL Compton and Wayne Moore. Glenn is running for re-election and his opponent is Nancy Lawrence. Ruth Ann is running for re-election and her opponent is Margaret Bradshaw.
BEDCO Board is Emily Porter, Margaret Bradshaw, Wayne Moore, Jack Lipscomb, Mike Vaught, Bob Self and John Burnett. BEDCO Board is appointed by City Council
So, it looks like Wayne Moore and John Burnett are the two duplicates, both on the City Council and BEDCO. If Margaret Bradshaw wins her election, she will join those two.
Interesting that there are several family ties among school board & city council. Bob and Ruth Ann Thomas are married. John Burnett is father of Chad Burnett. Roy Floyd is father of candidate Sean Floyd.
what?

Texarkana, TX

#14 May 3, 2012
waste of trees wrote:
<quoted text>What is the smear campaign against Williams? I know about the one Turner, Burnett and Lawrence are running against Taylor, but what are the Floyds doing to Williams? I have seen nothing in print.
I haven't seen any 'smearing' either in print. I do know on the other threads people are talking about his choice of religion which is Wiccan. There's a website and everything. I'll see if I can find it to read for yourself.
Fannin Resident

Texarkana, TX

#17 May 3, 2012
naw wrote:
this is a serious charge, and deserves a nit=picking.
Specifically, how do we KNOW that the Williams running for office and the Wiccan Williams are the same person? Is there a photo? Does he claim the Wiccan connection?
<quoted text>
Yes there are pictures of them both.
Shadee

Texarkana, AR

#18 May 3, 2012
And he states in his resume that his wife is an ordained minister.
Weighs as much as a duck

United States

#19 May 3, 2012
What

Texarkana, TX

#20 May 3, 2012
Weighs as much as a duck wrote:
http://m.facebook.com/photo.ph p?fbid=168315459864334&id= 163226353706578&set=a.1683 15276531019.41980.163226353706 578&refid=17&_ft_=fbid .168316109864269
High Priest Michael
Oh wow. Very interesting.

Since: Apr 12

United States

#21 May 3, 2012
Mr. Williams has a background check. Sean Floyd can't get one becuase of his criminal record. Sean Floyd is the son of Roy Floyd, need I say more. Sean's only reason to run for school board is name recognition so he can run against John Burnett next year. Come on people look at Sean Floyd's article in this weeks paper. Not much about schools or kid's. He hasn't been involved in the school district much. Ask any principal, school board member, superintendant, teachers and administrators about Mr. Williams, they all know he is Wiccan and it doesn't see to be a problem with them. He is a friend of mine and I strongly recommend him over Sean Floyd, his religion has not ever been a problem with me. Also if you want another City Council related person on your school board then Mr. Williams is not for you. Read up on Wicca before you smear him, you might be surprised, ask about him, he is respected in the school district.
Local Support

Texarkana, TX

#22 May 3, 2012
Well the article in N Texas E News is pretty good
They claim 3 people in office own the Leader.
Nobody has done no wrong except the account information.
Pushing buttons is not illegal.
The other 2 council men maybe under investagation for mishandling information
Email is just like a fax.
Where will it all lead maybe God is at work in all of this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bonham School District Administration waste of ... 6 hr Full-o-shiznik 38
Will Teller 10 hr Anonymous 2
Taco Bell 15 hr CDC 11
News Officials scale back search for missing Bonham ... Sat Homer Yeah 27
Fired Deputy Sep 22 truth 34
Willow Wild Cemetery Sep 18 Cindy 16
Take down the Confederate monument in the Fanni... Sep 17 Roys Toupee 106

Bonham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance