Review: Rolando's Mexican Restaurant

Posted in the Bonham Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Beverly Fritz

Trenton, TX

#1 Jun 21, 2013
Food was good, enjoyed going there several times a week, then they quit serving alcohol and now I know there are 15 of us who won't come there to eat if they can't have a drink. What is a Mexican place without margaritas? I miss the food but my husband refuses to go there with the family if he can't have a drink. The Loft in Whitewright has a full bar. We just don't eat Mexican anymore if we did we would go to the other place in Bonham downtown off the Square, Lunas I think is the name they have drinks. And Tamales.
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#2 Jun 21, 2013
Beverly Fritz wrote:
Food was good, enjoyed going there several times a week, then they quit serving alcohol and now I know there are 15 of us who won't come there to eat if they can't have a drink. What is a Mexican place without margaritas? I miss the food but my husband refuses to go there with the family if he can't have a drink. The Loft in Whitewright has a full bar. We just don't eat Mexican anymore if we did we would go to the other place in Bonham downtown off the Square, Lunas I think is the name they have drinks. And Tamales.
And the loss of sales tax revenues.
shadee

Texarkana, TX

#3 Jun 22, 2013
Didn't know they no longer serve drinks! Good to know - now my family will start going there again - we were regular customers until the drinking crowd got so loud that we couldn't even carry on a coversation. Thanks for the info!
gir

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2013
Rolando's is the best in town if you ask me. The food and the atmosphere beat Luna & Los Amigos. I don't particularly like being crammed up so close to other customers, like at LosAmigos, and the wait for the order there is almost always too long.
Sandy

Texarkana, TX

#5 Jun 22, 2013
The last couple of times we ate at Los Amigos was very disappointing.Was not good like it had always been. They said, Little Man was still cooking, but the enchiladas were tough and sauce was bland. We will try one more time and that is it, if not better. To many tales went around about Rolandos so we never eat there.
Jose

Boise, ID

#6 Jun 22, 2013
Amigos is a joke. Don't waste your time and money. I said the same thing a few months ago. Good luck.
Ben

Boise, ID

#7 Jun 22, 2013
Maybe see you there. Have a Coke and a smile. No one ever got a DWI , from drinking a soft drink.
DrPepper

Boise, ID

#8 Jun 22, 2013
If your husband can't eat out without having a drink , you might won't to seek professional help for him. You poor ladie. When you say with the family , I hope you do not have young children , and maybe you are not speaking of children. Your husband sounds as if he has control issues.
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#9 Jun 22, 2013
Jose wrote:
Amigos is a joke. Don't waste your time and money. I said the same thing a few months ago. Good luck.
Chuy's in Plano is by far the best .
Fannin local

Atoka, OK

#10 Jun 22, 2013
Rolando's has the best chips and the best hot sauce/salsa. The main food has also always been good. We were there 2 weeks ago to celebrate our 36 year wedding anniversary and I had wanted a Marguerita and was disppointed when I found out they had not renewed their license, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Kind of typical Bonham/Fannin County outlook about the future of this county. Go ahead and let your citizens drive 45 miles one way for liquor instead of collecting sales tax here, much less keep someone from driving on a 2 lane highway with no shoulders to go to Ladonia. Hooooooray for Trenton!
Olah Amigos

Boise, ID

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Please... its not even close... Luna Azul has much better quality food and atmosphere than any other Mexican eatery in Bonham. There is no question.
Beverly Fritz

Trenton, TX

#12 Jun 22, 2013
DrPepper wrote:
If your husband can't eat out without having a drink , you might won't to seek professional help for him. You poor ladie. When you say with the family , I hope you do not have young children , and maybe you are not speaking of children. Your husband sounds as if he has control issues.
No, just stubborn we are adults in our 70,s and we liked to have 1 Margarita with our meal. I don't care, but the guys do. So I will be there next week with my 14 y/o Great-Grand-Son to have some food and I usually drink water.
Beverly Fritz

Trenton, TX

#13 Jun 22, 2013
Fannin local wrote:
Rolando's has the best chips and the best hot sauce/salsa. The main food has also always been good. We were there 2 weeks ago to celebrate our 36 year wedding anniversary and I had wanted a Marguerita and was disppointed when I found out they had not renewed their license, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Kind of typical Bonham/Fannin County outlook about the future of this county. Go ahead and let your citizens drive 45 miles one way for liquor instead of collecting sales tax here, much less keep someone from driving on a 2 lane highway with no shoulders to go to Ladonia. Hooooooray for Trenton!
I totally agree with your way of thinking. Beverly
DrPepper

Boise, ID

#14 Jun 23, 2013
I looked at your facebook , the two of you look very happy.
Lets Do This

Boise, ID

#15 Jun 23, 2013
DrPepper wrote:
I looked at your facebook , the two of you look very happy.
Probably just got home from having a couple drinks at the bars round town.
gir

United States

#16 Jun 23, 2013
Sandy wrote:
The last couple of times we ate at Los Amigos was very disappointing.Was not good like it had always been. They said, Little Man was still cooking, but the enchiladas were tough and sauce was bland. We will try one more time and that is it, if not better. To many tales went around about Rolandos so we never eat there.

Tales? Such as? I am curious.
Travelin' Guy

Boise, ID

#17 Jun 23, 2013
I've been in 36 of our 50 great states and I realize that people have different expectations when they sit down to eat, bit I must say the two worst dinners I have ever paid for were purchased at Rolandos. Maybe I just caught them on two bad days.
mike

Princeton, TX

#18 Jun 23, 2013
It was probably the same meal, just re-heated.[QUOTE who="Travelin' Guy"]I've been in 36 of our 50 great states and I realize that people have different expectations when they sit down to eat, bit I must say the two worst dinners I have ever paid for were purchased at Rolandos. Maybe I just caught them on two bad days.[/QUOTE]
hmmm

Texarkana, TX

#19 Jun 23, 2013
All rise for Judge Mental!
DrPepper wrote:
anon

Peoria, IL

#20 Jun 24, 2013
Food in Bonham just sucks overall, with the exception of a couple places, and I don't mean it sucks as in it's all bad, its just the same old things over and over. The food in town has just become boring. There's nothing new of innovative out there, its Mexican, burgers, or bbq for the most part. Of course who would expect more from a town who places Chicken Fried Steak on the menu and considers it a "fancy" meal. We eat out about one meal a week and I get tired of driving to a real town to get a decent meal, but on the bright side I always make a few bucks by bringing a little whiskey back from one of the towns we go thru. unlike the original poster people in my parts are all closet drinkers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bonham School District Administration waste of ... 31 min Anonymous 20
Fired Deputy 12 hr Anonymous 33
News Officials scale back search for missing Bonham ... 16 hr Samstown Comp 24
Willow Wild Cemetery Sep 18 Cindy 16
Take down the Confederate monument in the Fanni... Sep 17 Roys Toupee 106
Kinfolk MC (Mar '17) Sep 15 Same Old Jokester 79
Code Enforcment Sep 15 mow 23

Bonham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance