First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chief

Hurst, TX

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Does anyone know anything about this station ? I like it, similar to Khyi.
Resident

Sherman, TX

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Turned by there, I heard Charlie Pride, Jeannie C. Riley, and then Randy Rogers Band. I guess they are going to have a wide range of music.
Chief

United States

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Yep, good stuff.. Haven't changed the station.
just saying

AOL

#4 Jan 18, 2013
What town is it out of? I like it too.
warrior

Gober, TX

#5 Jan 18, 2013
New station owned by spanky carter. On air variety of country, and red dirt music
TxRose

Carrollton, TX

#6 Jan 19, 2013
The station is apparently simulcast of the AM,much like back in the 80's when Floyd owed the station. Good decision, since very few people isten to AM radio these days. I didn't know the FM was now on the air until I read this forum. I will now listen to local radio more often.
Resident

Sherman, TX

#7 Jan 19, 2013
It's not a simulcast of the AM station.
maybe

United States

#8 Jan 20, 2013
Parts of programming are apparantly simulcast because the announcers sometimes (like during Trading Post) give dual legal ID.
Shadee

Sherman, TX

#9 Jan 20, 2013
I've been trying to pick it up on my radio a few miles outside town and can't get it. Or is it like the AM has been, only broadcasts as far as LosAmigos?
Resident

United States

#10 Jan 20, 2013
maybe wrote:
Parts of programming are apparantly simulcast because the announcers sometimes (like during Trading Post) give dual legal ID.
Do you know what simulcast means?

It is completely different in what they are airing, just because an announcer records some station id doesn't mean simulcast.
maybe

United States

#11 Jan 20, 2013
I have an FCC license, and am fully aware of what simulcast means. IF and WHEN programming is being simulcast,and the once per hour legal ID is announced, it must be both station ID's.Legal ID is no longer required at the top of the hour, just hourly. I have noticed that there are times when only the FM ID is given. I have no problem with simulcast (full time or partial), especially for small markets. I am very glad the FM is on the air,and hope it does well.
Todd Porter

Bonham, TX

#12 Feb 2, 2013
WOW SPANKY! I love it!!!!
billy

United States

#13 Feb 3, 2013
Todd Porter wrote:
WOW SPANKY! I love it!!!!
Glad to have a good station!!
Gary

Sherman, TX

#14 Feb 4, 2013
What about the new FM station on the internet, z-98.3 with Jeff Davis and Rick Warner that was with KFYN. Nice website, but still unconstruction. It will be the best station yet, with news, weather and sports and local businesses involved.
really?

Sherman, TX

#15 Feb 6, 2013
Gary wrote:
What about the new FM station on the internet, z-98.3 with Jeff Davis and Rick Warner that was with KFYN. Nice website, but still unconstruction. It will be the best station yet, with news, weather and sports and local businesses involved.
if its still under construction, then it probably isn't happening. When Jeff left KFYN, he started working on this and that was a couple years ago.
maybe

Bonham, TX

#16 Feb 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text> if its still under construction, then it probably isn't happening. When Jeff left KFYN, he started working on this and that was a couple years ago.
[/QUOTE]I've tried unsuccessfully to log on to the website numerous times.
maybe

Bonham, TX

#17 Feb 7, 2013
clarification....there is no "listen" option....no audio, and it's been this way for at least a couple of yearsz.
Resident

Sherman, TX

#18 Feb 7, 2013
What is the deal with the "river"? Is it not based out of Bonham? On one of their ID's it says serving Paris, Hugo, Antlers, and Bonham. Seems like most of the towns it is serving is back to the east and north.

I figured it was being ran out of the same building as the AM station.
Brandon MOTLEY

United States

#19 Feb 7, 2013
love em..wish i had there number to rewuest songs..they otta give it on the air..
Gary

Sherman, TX

#20 Feb 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text> if its still under construction, then it probably isn't happening. When Jeff left KFYN, he started working on this and that was a couple years ago.
[/QUOTE]It has been on the internet about two years. With some anonymous financial backers and hiring a staff to help Jeff with revamping their website will take a few weeks. I understand they will be moving into a building to better serve the public with a full staff for news, selling ads,sports department, morning shows and afternoon segment similar to trading post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Handicap 6 hr onionslice 9
Bonham coach 6 hr RamChargerDoosh 34
Laundry mat in across the street from pizza hut 21 hr True 6
shar Sat Dr Phil 2
water Bill Fri Pay Customer 8
Chicken Excrement Fri Sweet Greggo the ... 3
Rolando's moving? Fri Cruz Paul 2016 9
Bonham Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web