First Prev
of 18
Next Last
octomom

United States

#1 Jun 17, 2009
Anyone have any info??????? What kind of investigation did Myles Porter conduct?
Anonymous

Sherman, TX

#2 Jun 17, 2009
C.A.'s and D.A.'s prosecute on evidence and information gathered from an investigation, they don't do the actual investigating. Jennifer was found in the river, that's Oklahoma's jurisdiction. I believe it is the job of the sheriff's office to investigate. I did hear that Porter was actually able to get the Texas Rangers to look into the case but when Glaser took office, the investigation, Rangers, and the whole case went down the tubes. He claimed and in fact ran on the pretense he (Glaser) would solve it in 6 months. I think it's been close to 7 years now.
investigation

United States

#3 Jun 17, 2009
Could be that their is an official involved and that is why the murder has not been solved.

This case smells!
Anonymous

Sherman, TX

#4 Jun 17, 2009
An official involved in what aspect? Could you be more clear?
Investigation

United States

#5 Jun 18, 2009
I cannot be clear about an official because I don't know. But it stands to reason if this case has not been solved then its because the officials are trying to cover up or protect something or someone.

Why did Mr.Harris have to do the sheriff's office investigation? Why did the keys get lost? Why did Fannin County take the case away from Bryan county and then did not investigate it? Glaser has been manufacturing cases in Fannin County why did he not jump on this case? WHY! Why! why!
Anonymous

Sherman, TX

#6 Jun 19, 2009
Everyone in town has always said it was probably one of three people, her ex husband, the guy she was working with/for in Frisco, or a man that was a coach with BISD at the time.
Curious

Whitewright, TX

#7 Jun 19, 2009
There is also a very real possibility that there isn't enough real evidence for a conviction.

IF they were to charge and try the killer without enough proof, he'd walk out a free man.
Investigation

United States

#8 Jun 19, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Everyone in town has always said it was probably one of three people, her ex husband, the guy she was working with/for in Frisco, or a man that was a coach with BISD at the time.
So what is the sheriff waiting for? Have they interrogated any of them?

It sounds like you can commit a crime in Fannin County and you will never be brought up on charges.

What is the deal? Are these three men relatives of the sheriff?
Curious

Whitewright, TX

#9 Jun 19, 2009
The fact that Oklahoma got into the investigation, late in the game, sure hasn't helped. Makes you wonder why the investigation didn't start in Oklahoma immediatly. Surely the Fannin officials had enough sense to realize OSBI would have jurisdiction with the discovery of the body. Ok, maybe they didn't. Barney, Gomer and Gober must be in charge of this investigation.

I feel so sorry for the Harris family. And I hope the killer is living in fear every moment, until he's caught.
Anonymous

Sherman, TX

#10 Jun 19, 2009
Investigation wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is the sheriff waiting for? Have they interrogated any of them?
It sounds like you can commit a crime in Fannin County and you will never be brought up on charges.
What is the deal? Are these three men relatives of the sheriff?
Of course they did. If you actually knew so much like you try to act like you do, you would know that. Fact it, no one is going to confess now, so there has to be some evidence, or the guy will eventually slip up and tell the wrong person.
Investigation

United States

#11 Jun 19, 2009
Thank you for your reply. I am trying to understand the Justice System in Fannin County.

You have a lot to offer, tell me more.
Are you with the Justice System in Fannin county?
Anonymous

Sherman, TX

#12 Jun 19, 2009
No, I am not. But this case is one everyone that has been around here knows about.
Investigation

United States

#13 Jun 19, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
No, I am not. But this case is one everyone that has been around here knows about.
Why does it keep coming up in the papers and on the TV stations if there
is no evidence?
Curious

Whitewright, TX

#14 Jun 20, 2009
Investigation wrote:
<quoted text>
is no evidence?
That is exactly why it keeps being mentioned....it's still a mystery after all these years.
Anonymous

Sherman, TX

#15 Jun 20, 2009
Investigation wrote:
<quoted text>
is no evidence?
Umm, maybe because we are a caring town and want the person or persons that did this too her brought to justice!!!
Investigation

United States

#16 Jun 20, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, maybe because we are a caring town and want the person or persons that did this too her brought to justice!!!
Have the local newspapers in Bonham written anything on this? Or is it just The Paris News.
AnonymousII

Sherman, TX

#17 Jun 20, 2009
Investigation wrote:
<quoted text>
Have the local newspapers in Bonham written anything on this? Or is it just The Paris News.
The Bonham have not but the Herald Democrat, KXII and a station out of Dallas did a piece on the anniversary of the death this year. I think it's brought up every year because her family and friends want everyone to remember her and hopefully someone with new information on the case could be coaxed into coming forward.
AnonymousII

Sherman, TX

#18 Jun 20, 2009
oops, that should have read "The Bonham Papers..."
Curious

Whitewright, TX

#19 Jun 20, 2009
Being a weekly, The Bonham Journal is not a "News Media" ...it's community happenings, usually after the fact.

Some day, some way, Jennifer's killer will slip up in some way....and there will not be an arrest UNTIL law enforcement officials feel secure that evidence will bring a conviction. WITHOUT almost absolute proof, the killer could be tried and be found not guilty...which means he would completely get away with killing Jennifer.

I went to High School with her father and mother, both wonderful people. Alicia's death was so sad, but at least it spared her the grief of losing Jennifer. My heart goes out to Jerry and the rest of the family.
Investigation

United States

#20 Jun 20, 2009
Curious wrote:
Being a weekly, The Bonham Journal is not a "News Media" ...it's community happenings, usually after the fact.
Some day, some way, Jennifer's killer will slip up in some way....and there will not be an arrest UNTIL law enforcement officials feel secure that evidence will bring a conviction. WITHOUT almost absolute proof, the killer could be tried and be found not guilty...which means he would completely get away with killing Jennifer.
I went to High School with her father and mother, both wonderful people. Alicia's death was so sad, but at least it spared her the grief of losing Jennifer. My heart goes out to Jerry and the rest of the family.
Thank you for the information. You are a gracious person to care about the family. Please stay tuned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beatys decisions 4 hr Austin 316 9
Holly Bounds 11 hr onionslice 3
Run out of Troup (Dec '13) 11 hr onionslice 3
Dr. Beaty's new office furniture (Sep '13) 11 hr onionslice 36
Master Beaty, Shar, Holly Bounds 11 hr onionslice 1
Master Beaty 12 hr onionslice 1
Holly Bounds 12 hr onionslice 1
More from around the web

Bonham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE