City Manager
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interesting

Greenville, TX

#1 Apr 27, 2011
Just to remain positive, I just want state that I think Corby Alexander has been an outstanding asset to this city; he is the consumate professional, and seems to be able to stay above the petty politics that Bonham is rife with. I just fear that there is a certain set of city council candidates with an unknown agenda that have all but stated that they don't agree with that assessment. I shudder to think what the Jones, Turner, Ward crowd might come up with for a City Manager. Just fyi, I am a Teaparty activist, but the Fannin Republicans DO NOT REPRESENT ME.
Robert

United States

#2 Apr 27, 2011
Very well said. Mr. Alexander has been a blessing to this city. He isn't arrogant like some and will listen attentatively to everything you say, unlike some in such powerful positions locally.
Just Saying

Caddo Mills, TX

#3 Apr 27, 2011
I agree. Alexander is the best thing going in the City arena.
Anonymous

Texarkana, TX

#4 Apr 27, 2011
I think Bonham has a great city manager and all the department heads seem to be good also.
broke taxpayer

Quinlan, TX

#5 Apr 27, 2011
He's an idiot. Where in the hell did he come up with a cool million to pay for the totally and completely unnecessary new metal building city hall? I guarantee there will be future taxes to pay for this criminal activity and our little city manager is the head criminal in charge.
Yer kiddin

Greenville, TX

#6 Apr 27, 2011
Why don't you move to Ivanhoe with your buddy McQueen and you won't have to worry about City Taxes. You two forward thinkers could keep each other warm.
Anonymous

Texarkana, TX

#7 Apr 27, 2011
Explain how you think the current city hall is adequate? It will make for a larger police department and a new city hall everyone can be proud of and most importantly a larger council room.

I read where the city re-financed while catching the low interest rate. Can't fault the city for that, plus we are getting a new senior center with it also.

What exactly would have you liked the city manager to do differently?
Yer kiddin

Greenville, TX

#8 Apr 27, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Explain how you think the current city hall is adequate? It will make for a larger police department and a new city hall everyone can be proud of and most importantly a larger council room.
I read where the city re-financed while catching the low interest rate. Can't fault the city for that, plus we are getting a new senior center with it also.
What exactly would have you liked the city manager to do differently?
Exactly. Broke taxpayer is a Dale McQueen/Tom Turner disciple who thinks that anyone that has anything or want something to improve is automatically a thief, liar, criminal, or a fraud. Their heart is full of hatred and covetiness, that they cannot fathom anyone who does something just because it is the right thing to do. They see criminals everywhere because that is all they see in a mirror. They think everyone else is out to get them because they they are actually out to get everyone else.

And calling Alexander an idiot and criminal is way out of bounds. I bet when you get around your buddies in Ivanhoe, you refer to him as other things, as well. Hope yer robes aren't too tight.
broke taxpayer

Quinlan, TX

#9 Apr 28, 2011
The reasoning for a new city hall was not enough room for the city council meetings. Number one that's a lie. Government only cares about government NOT the tax payers - it's our f...ing money let's not forget that for one second. If the idiots on the city council need more room for their meetings I got three huge spaces that would have worked fine - The courthouse, the multipurpose facility (what a waste), and the beautiful old school auditorium on Main street. Also, no government should EVER be allowed to spend money like this without tax payer approval - even if he did steal it.
Progress

Greenville, TX

#10 Apr 28, 2011
broke taxpayer wrote:
He's an idiot....our little city manager is the head criminal in charge.
Racist, bigoted pig...you don't have the guts to say what you really mean-h.n.i.c.

And I guarentee you wouldn't have the guts to say that to the man's face. Coward
Just Saying

Caddo Mills, TX

#11 Apr 28, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Explain how you think the current city hall is adequate? It will make for a larger police department and a new city hall everyone can be proud of and most importantly a larger council room.
I read where the city re-financed while catching the low interest rate. Can't fault the city for that, plus we are getting a new senior center with it also.
What exactly would have you liked the city manager to do differently?
Anonymous, you are totally right on this one! broke taxpayer is an a racist idiot.......!
broke taxpayer

Quinlan, TX

#12 Apr 28, 2011
People - try to stay on topic and forget the personal attacks against me - a person you have never met. I describe the city manager as an idiot not to attack him but to properly describe his intelligence and personality. I have had dealings with the guy and he is a close minded,intolerable, and ignorant person. In summary an idiot.
Progress

Greenville, TX

#13 Apr 28, 2011
broke taxpayer wrote:
People - try to stay on topic and forget the personal attacks against me - a person you have never met. I describe the city manager as an idiot not to attack him but to properly describe his intelligence and personality. I have had dealings with the guy and he is a close minded,intolerable, and ignorant person. In summary an idiot.
Well, you called the man an idiot and a criminal, so how 'bout you quit the personal attacks against Alexander. I don't know, but I suspect that our "ingnorant" city manager has significantly more education than "broke taxpayer". The name calling you engage in makes me think that you may already be from Ivanhoe, as there is another big thinker up there that has that as their MO. Your style of writing is certainly on par with Mr. McQueens, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were in fact, he. Just out of curiosity, just what do you do to "work for your livin'"?
Just Saying

Caddo Mills, TX

#14 Apr 29, 2011
broke taxpayer wrote:
People - try to stay on topic and forget the personal attacks against me - a person you have never met. I describe the city manager as an idiot not to attack him but to properly describe his intelligence and personality. I have had dealings with the guy and he is a close minded,intolerable, and ignorant person. In summary an idiot.
I've met and had business dealings with Alexander and he is intelligent, mannerly, and well educated, and Bonham is lucky to have him. I don't have to have met you in person to know that you are "a close minded,intolerable, and ignorant person".
High on Bonham

Gober, TX

#15 Apr 30, 2011
Mr. Alexander (Corby), Thank you and thank you and your family for all you do in and for the community.
Anonymous2

Sherman, TX

#16 Apr 30, 2011
I agree that Alexander and his family is truly an asset to our community! He figured out how to refinance some loans to come up with $1 million to build the city hall we so desperately needed. He's gotten many grants for various other needed projects. And as others have pointed out, he has managed to stay out of the politics. And every time I see him he has a smile on his face and open to listening.
Teaparty

Greenville, TX

#17 May 3, 2011
Alexander is outstanding, he and his family are true blessings to our community. The only reason I could see anyone having any thing against this wise and gentle man is their own bigotry.
Ivanhoe Taxpayer

Greenville, TX

#18 May 6, 2011
He is just a glorified grant writer, and all he wants to do is get more welfare money for Bonham to waste. That is why they hired him, because his minority status will help him to bring in more taxpayer funded federal money. He has or is submitting grant applications for the railroad, the courthouse, city hall improvements, road and sewer improvements, and other wastes of taxpayer money. That is just what those people do.

http://www.thevoiceoffannincounty.com/home.ht...
bbofct

Texarkana, AR

#19 May 7, 2011
Progress wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist, bigoted pig...you don't have the guts to say what you really mean-h.n.i.c.
And I guarentee you wouldn't have the guts to say that to the man's face. Coward
maybe you need to back up and read what he was saying i didnt read anything that had to do with his race. I dont know what race the man is and didnt even have that question in mind i guess you do know that what he called him is not a trait of only one race but is a trait of all the races so now lets ask ourselves who is the racist, bigoted pig really being a h.n.i.c. lets see what the answear is that would be you if what you read made you think of the city managers race bbofct (broke because of fannin county taxes)
bbofct

Texarkana, AR

#20 May 7, 2011
Progress wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you called the man an idiot and a criminal, so how 'bout you quit the personal attacks against Alexander. I don't know, but I suspect that our "ingnorant" city manager has significantly more education than "broke taxpayer". The name calling you engage in makes me think that you may already be from Ivanhoe, as there is another big thinker up there that has that as their MO. Your style of writing is certainly on par with Mr. McQueens, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were in fact, he. Just out of curiosity, just what do you do to "work for your livin'"?
just figured i would go ahead and address the question for myself because thats where you will go with your reply i use proper english in my replies but i dont have time for all of the punctuation if you are educated than you know where a period should be maybe before you go talking about how ignorant spelling correct you should make sure that your reply has correct english bout about and from ivanhoe is from up there please you must be under the illusion that bonham is the big city and ivanhoe is just a little town with a bunch of hicks well up there and over yonder sounds to me your level of education oh and just what do you do to its and what kind of profession do you have or where do you work and im assuming by saying that they have the same MO you are refering to either the not liking the city manager or the fact that they believe the taxes in fannin county are outrageous couldnt tell which one you think there MO is but since you have such a high paying job and evidently a masters degree you would think we the reader would of got that information because you being so educated wouldnt of made any of these grammer errors by the way i own 2 business one in fannin county and one out of state i have owned the one in fannin county for 20 years and the one out of state for 13 and as for my education i graduated from cmsu and lived in a big city for 10 years so i guess i could call the little town of bonham like it was a hick town but i have more sense than to think that the size of the town you live in could have anything to do with ones iq as you evidentally do bbfct(broke because of fannin county taxes) I will spell it out im not broke but i should be because the taxes are so high in fannin county

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Willow Wild Cemetery Dec 9 LMAO 25
News Trenton man put in custody by task force (Nov '07) Dec 6 Asses on asses 12
bonham ad posiion Dec 5 Samstown Comp 5
BISD drama... Dec 5 President Not Sure 6
Savoy Coaches! (Feb '14) Dec 4 CSI 51
Warriors Dec 4 Olllld Warrior 1
Removal of posts Dec 4 Samstown Comp 17

Bonham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonham Mortgages