journalsubscribe r

Demotte, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

I have noticed that ever since the Journal was sold to the Sun Times Media Holding Group that the paper has seem to lessen the news and increase ads. Realizing that ads pay for the paper and I do look at the store ads, but I also like to read news. The ads are usually available in the stores and you only need to ask for them.

My subscription rate for my 6 day paper has continued to climb, and I became upset when my neighbor told me she was paying $11 a month where as I pay over $200 for the same paper.

I enjoy the paper but when someone receives the same paper for $80.00 a year less, I wonder if the Journal have lost so many customers that they give these deals to secretly make payroll and operations cost.

When Mr Small was alive we had a paper.
journalsubscribe r

Demotte, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Just was told by a fellow Journal Subscriber that he got his bill and it was $240.00. When I told him I was paying over $200 and my subscription was do for renewal in late July, I doubted that I could renew at that price. However, if I could get it at my neighbor price of $121 a year, I would. The subscriber who just got his bill could not believe that another customer was paying $11 a month, while the Journal wanted $20 a month from him.$9.00 less a month or %45 cheaper.
I really would like to know the prices that others are paying to see if gouging is going on.
math

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

75 times 5 plus 150 if i say what i wanted to say about kdj i would go to jail 718
why

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

wishing a end on kdj
howscome

Demotte, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

5 paper routes contracts are dissolved by a carrier. Their pay was only in neighborhood of maybe $60.00, they hire a carrier to do the routes for over $40.00 a day. If true this carrier is pulling in over $480.00 or 8 times the normal rate. How can they afford to do this.
Kankakeenewssuck

Fairfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Considering 5 days ago, a 3 year old little girl whom has brain bleeding & more then half her body is burned is more important then the stupid shit they post.. I guess maybe they are going out of business or to them she just ain't important enough to write a article about.
Newsie

Hazel Crest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

I don't live in Kkee or get the Journal, but my guess about the baby story is, they are just too cheap to devote the resources to cover all the police news in the area, which might mean a) monitoring scanner traffic in real time, b) periodically calling each agency to find out what's been happening, but probably mostly c), visiting stations in person once or twice a week and going through their reports.
The reporter picks out whatever he and his editors consider newsworthy. If short on staff, this process may not get done completely or quickly enough for the several towns the Journal covers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bonfield Discussions

Search the Bonfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Terry rigsby 49,005
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr nono 3,849
Enough of Nina Epstein (Jan '13) 4 hr why 38
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 12 hr newpoly 1,867
Braceville Farm Tue Mayor 7
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Chicagobunny 526
Like Us & Love It Lollapalooza Ticket Giveaway ... Jul 24 Greg Madison 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bonfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bonfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE