Enough of Nina Epstein
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tired

Kankakee, IL

#1 Jan 11, 2013
Who else in Kankake is tired and had enough of Nina Epstein and her clan?

I know I have. I feed up with this same old same old good old boys crew of Kankakee. The corruption needs to end now. Don Green and Nina Epstein and Chris Bohlen have stunk the town of Kankakee.

Come February 26th make sure you get out and vote in the Primary for a new Mayor of Kankakee.

Even though I'm a Democrat I will be requesting a Republican Ballot to vote for Dan Sullivan for mayor. I want to see Kankakee get back in line again and I believe Dan Sullivan is the right person for the job. Tim Schimdt I don't feel has the town or the people in his best interest. I believe Tim is only looking out for himself and his crashing empire.

If you really want to see Kankakee get back on track vote for Dan Sullivan on February 26th on the Republican ticket in the Kankakee Primary.

Lets rebuild Kankakee
K3 Rat

Kankakee, IL

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Dan Sullivan for Mayor of Kankakee in 2013. It's time to end the corruption and crime in this town. Lets get seine in office that cares about your town and will get something done.
Tyrone

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2013
Douching is the key to fighting illiteracy.
K3 Rat

Kankakee, IL

#4 Jan 13, 2013
Nina just needs to go away so we can have a nice town and try to start growing it again.
ATT

United States

#5 Jan 15, 2013
K3 Rat wrote:
Dan Sullivan for Mayor of Kankakee in 2013. It's time to end the corruption and crime in this town. Lets get seine in office that cares about your town and will get something done.
You're an idiot who obviously knows nothing about Kankakee politics or the strides Nina Epstein has made for this city. Grow up and get educated.
ATT

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2013
Tired wrote:
I know I have. I feed up with this same old same old good old boys crew of Kankakee. The corruption needs to end now. Don Green and Nina Epstein and Chris Bohlen have stunk the town of Kankakee.
Come February 26th make sure you get out and vote in the Primary for a new Mayor of Kankakee.
Even though I'm a Democrat I will be requesting a Republican Ballot to vote for Dan Sullivan for mayor. I want to see Kankakee get back in line again and I believe Dan Sullivan is the right person for the job. Tim Schimdt I don't feel has the town or the people in his best interest. I believe Tim is only looking out for himself and his crashing empire.
If you really want to see Kankakee get back on track vote for Dan Sullivan on February 26th on the Republican ticket in the Kankakee Primary.
Lets rebuild Kankakee
Just like I told the other idiot, you have no clue what progress Mayor Epstein has made for Kankakee. Try getting educated before you speak, you are borderlining slander.
K3 Rat

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 16, 2013
Actually ATT I do know about the dirty politics of Kankakee. Nina has made great strides for the City of Kankakee? What has she done to help this town out. I don't see any new bushiness in town or new jobs. She has gotten us into lawsuits with the tax sharing deal she has laid off fireman and cut money from cops laid off office workers cut city services, homeowners taxes have gone up, flood insurance has doubled, cost the city over $100K for garbage cans, trash and sewer and water bills way up. She fired a fireman for becoming alderman and lost that lawsuit which cost us taxpayers more money. So what has she really done. Crime and murders in Kankakee is out of hand. Tell me what she has done.
Donna Kemp

United States

#9 Feb 20, 2013
"
K3 Rat wrote:
Actually ATT I do know about the dirty politics of Kankakee. Nina has made great strides for the City of Kankakee? What has she done to help this town out. I don't see any new bushiness in town or new jobs."

Open your eyes. Meadowview reviving. The O'Reilly Auto Parts Store IS open and I would think run by more than the manager. New gas station considering coming to Exit 308 by Walmart. Just because a business doesn't bring in 100s of jobs, doesn't mean that it doesn't belong here. Putting even a few people to work at a time is better than none at all.

Electric rates down 50% through aggregation. Get with it.

"She has gotten us into lawsuits with the tax sharing deal she has laid off fireman and cut money from cops laid off office workers cut city services, homeowners taxes have gone up, flood insurance has doubled, cost the city over $100K for garbage cans, trash and sewer and water bills way up."

As for your flood insurance, generally claims make the premiums rise. Ask your company. The City has nothing to do with that. Just like auto insurance and homeowners insurance and on and on. Trash and sewer bills change every May. The sewer, genius, is based upon water usage from November 1 to January 31 each year.

"She fired a fireman for becoming alderman and lost that lawsuit which cost us taxpayers more money. So what has she really done. Crime and murders in Kankakee is out of hand. Tell me what she has done.
"

The fireman who is an inept at best alderman has been on disability (read TAXPAYER $) for 3/4 of his time on the department, yet he can skip along the streets and act like a child and this is alright. Ever listen to him during his speakouts at the Council meetings? He was fired for violating policy NOT because he was not liked.

And since when does the garbage cans cost the City over $100K? That I want more info on.
Kankakee wants to know

Bourbonnais, IL

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Nina Epstein is a liar to the core. I like how she stated she knew nothing about the court battle with Sullivan to keep him off the ballot from taking her job away, yet the moment the court decided in favor of Sullivan to remain on the ballot she had signs being erected all over town. Political signs, welcome signs, directional signs and street signs.
What the hell is wrong with that woman?
Kankakee doesn't need signs, they need business growth.
I think Sullivan needs to get in there and straighten this town out.
Kankakee Voter

Bourbonnais, IL

#12 Feb 21, 2013
The City of Kankakee has been in decline for many years as most of us know who grew up here. The cityís decline not only hurts its residents but also brings down the rest of the county. The same power brokers have been running the city for decades, often with little or no real opposition. When real opposition does come forward they find ways to kick them off the ballot or discredit them.

I ask City of Kankakee voters to ask themselves these questions before they vote in the February 26 primary.

Are you better off today then you were 4 years ago when Mayor Epstein took office?

Has Mayor Epstein put in place a real economic development plan to create jobs and a new tax base to lower the tax burden on home owners? Does she even have a plan? Are things done only if certain people benefit?

Has crime been reduced or gotten worst?

Do you feel safer in your neighborhood?

Are there more or less boarded up homes in your neighborhood?

If things are not changing for the better, itís is time to vote Mayor Epstein and the crony network out of office. You know what they say about voting for the same people over and over and expecting a different outcome.
Taxes

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 21, 2013
I am born and raised in Kankakee, and I am so tired of this good old boy network, as everyone likes to call it. I WILL NOT be voting for Nina Epstein or anyone else connected to her or has any connections to the City of Kankakee Government.

My taxes have gone up way up, my City services have gone down, my sewer bill, water bill and garbage bills have gone up a lot a whole lot. The crime in my neighborhood has been on the rise so much it's not even safe to go outside in the summer.

Nina Epstein is nothing more then a puppet for the Kankakee cronies. I will not be voting for Nina I will be voting for Dan Sullivan.

Remember this is only the primary, you are not voting for the actual mayor yet. So if you really are tired of the lack of progress Kankakee has failed to make vote Nina Epstein out of office. The only way to vote Nina Epstein out of office is by voting for Dan Sullivan on the Republican ballot on Tuesday February 26th.

I'm so done with Nina Epstein, I will be voting her out of office on Tuesday. If the rest of you don't do the same thing than you can't complain about how bad if a mayor she is or how your property taxes will go up more in the next four years.
Donna Kemp

United States

#14 Feb 21, 2013
You people SO against Nina Epstein and the ("o SO tired of hearing of )'good old boys network')
It leaves me wondering here: if you're from Manteno, CA, and any other place outside of Kankakee CITY then not only can you NOT vote for mayor (though one candidate leads people to think they can if they own property here) it is NOT your business!
The Master

Elk Grove Village, IL

#15 Feb 21, 2013
Tired wrote:
Lets rebuild Kankakee
I agree with you. Nina does not care about Kankakee. Crime continues to plague the city and its not improving. Only getting worse! The current administration will allow Kankakee to not become better because they want to keep it as is so they continue to get votes from the people that want it to stay the armpit of America.
The Master

Elk Grove Village, IL

#16 Feb 21, 2013
What Kankakee needs is a "Rebuild downtown Kankakee" project. Has that ever been brought up at town meetings? I look at towns like Naperville, and they put a heavy focus on improving their downtown areas which leads to people wanting to spend time in those places and spend money. Yeah sure you can have your farmers market, but what else is there? Nothing. Go to Naperville, they got shops that are privately owned and a nice River Walk. Why isn't doing those type of things?
The Master

Elk Grove Village, IL

#17 Feb 21, 2013
Kankakee = The land of boarded up houses.

Kankakee = Lets go for a walk. Lets play a game. Who wants to see if they don't get shot today.

Kankakee = Prostitution

Kankakee = Bums on the streets with shopping carts.

Kankakee = Once upon a time a nice place to live. Now its a good place to go buy crack.

Is this the type of town you want to raise your children in? No thank you.
Danny Kankakee

Kankakee, IL

#18 Feb 21, 2013
What about the domestic violence warrants on Rich McGillan, Timmy's Nazi henchman? As mayor, is timmy gonna get him off?

Kankakee is much better off than we were 4 years ago....because we could have had Tim Schmidt as mayor and we'd all be homeless....like him.

Nina is the best possible choice, by far. The rest of these folks are damaged goods.
Was There

Kankakee, IL

#19 Feb 22, 2013
Hey Danny....you need to quit cutting your pills in half......wake up and smell the turds....
Was There

Kankakee, IL

#20 Feb 22, 2013
To the master......Pretty sure Tim Schmidt started the farmers market......The answer would K3 riverwalk....the city blows this idea off as just an ideon a piece of paper.......C. Columbus had an idea on a piece of paper too......the rest is HISTORY!
The Master

Elk Grove Village, IL

#21 Feb 22, 2013
Answer me a simple question.
How come towns like Naperville can have nice things to do and see and keep crime out. I remember Naperville was voted as one of the best places in the country to raise a family. One year if I remember they even were voted as the best place to raise a family.
Kankakee on the other hand continues to be one of the worst places in the country to raise a family.
What is the main reason holding Kankakee back from becoming more like Naperville?
Paul

Bourbonnais, IL

#23 Mar 29, 2013
We all know why Kankakee is "rough" ..... bascailly too many people on welfare and not enough jobs....

In reality.... Kankakee should be "smaller" this is a farm region with fairly little industry... however our population base is to large for what jobs are there......

Someone mentioned "redoing" downtown...... WHY ? I've seen a number of "projects" fall flat because... well no one wants to be there......

The other obivous reason..... and no one wants to say it..... Bourbonnais..... perfectly fine town.... Kankakee kind of a peice of crap... why.... mmmmm look at who lives in each town

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 whites sued by 3 blacks over beating in Manteno (Oct '07) Aug 23 joey 22
whippet puppies? or quite young. Aug 21 cew 1
Does anybody actually listen to WKAN? Aug 20 radioman02 6
Manteno Police (Feb '08) Aug 13 gomer 71
looking for sonebody Aug 9 Hardway 1
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Gru... (Oct '10) Aug 1 Walt Lomgmire - S... 44
News Hardee's abandons area (Feb '07) Jul 31 Rudy 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonfield Mortgages