child left on bus
Brett

Hoffman Estates, IL

#22 Jan 18, 2013
If your that concerned. My name is Brett and I am the one who rides on the road with my son. During the day, during the night, whenever we feel like taking him for a ride. I must have horrible driving though because we take him on the roads out here to help him fall asleep. I'm so horrible, I know. I have been doing this with all my kids as I have been riding since I was 8. Is it legal to ride on the roads in town. No, but nobody ever says anything because I am being safe and not bothering anyone. So give up on trying to change the subject. If you didnt know any of us how would you have seen a video of any of us and known who you were talking about. Your nothing but a Liar. And I dislike Liars very much.
Lucky in Gardner

Gardner, IL

#23 Jan 18, 2013
just saying wrote:
An i don't know the bus driver.In fact, I don't know anyone that drives a bus. A policeman recommended video tape if possible, when you have an issue with something like this. I decided to do nothing, which makes me just as bad.I hope my comments prevents someone bad from happening.
Your a young imature teenager trying to start stuff. I am sure your here to stick up for someone,just going about it the wrong way. This kids with his parents on the 4 wheeler. It dont matter where, day or night hes safe. Have a heart & think about everyone this senseless mistake affected(our whole town). This kid had nobody he was lost, scared, freezing & alone. There is to much that could have happened. Think about that before you comment again.
just saying

Chicago, IL

#24 Jan 19, 2013
Happy Dad,
I am not a nosy busy body.What made me respond was the very first comment"why to people in this town keep everything hush". I took advantage of that statement.People want to keep everything hush when its about friends and family.I am concern about a little kid riding on a 4 wheeler. One phase no one whats to say is "I wish I would of said something". Will, I said something and feel better.I am sure that bus driver wish she would of walk 40ft to the back of the bus.Please don't respond Happy Dad, I don't want to respond anymore.
Eric

Libertyville, IL

#25 Jan 20, 2013
I really think "just saying" that you should start a crusade out here in this rural town to stop all riding of four wheelers, golf carts, bicycles, tricycles, and any other sort of movable object with wheels that could hurt children. That would keep them safe. In fact why don't you start a thread to that very subject if you don't have anything constructive to say about A CHILD BEING LEFT ALONE ON A BUS!!!!!
Really

Minooka, IL

#26 Jan 20, 2013
Everyone on here talking about the four wheeler are idiots there is nothing wrong with taking your kid on a 4 wheeler let alone what time of the day it is thats called having fun and spending time with your kids!About the bus i agree about he/she being fired right on the spot there is no excuse for it being a bus driver you only have so many task you need to follow its simple! Now you have a small child that is not only tramatized but will prolly not want to get back on the bus n depending on the family situation that could cause issues on how that child gets to school maybe parents work n there is no other available way.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#27 Jan 21, 2013
just saying wrote:
Happy Dad,
I am not a nosy busy body.What made me respond was the very first comment"why to people in this town keep everything hush". I took advantage of that statement.People want to keep everything hush when its about friends and family.I am concern about a little kid riding on a 4 wheeler. One phase no one whats to say is "I wish I would of said something". Will, I said something and feel better.I am sure that bus driver wish she would of walk 40ft to the back of the bus.Please don't respond Happy Dad, I don't want to respond anymore.
You don't have to respond as you wish. You have to realize by now though that you are comparing apples and oranges. Riding four wheelers is a clean form of family entertainment. A father riding his child on a motorized vehicle for fun can not be compared to the negligence of a public servant who's has been entrusted with the safety of somebody else's children. It's worrisome to hear information like this. And if you was paying attention you would realize that it wasn't just one person's mistake. There is still the fact that the school didn't make the phone call that they are required to make. The story ended ok because the child wasn't hurt. However, it's not good to just shrug this off and say, "oh well". The school would like to keep it quiet and it's important that people know about it so they keep a closer watch on their own children. But you taking the opportunity to vent your spleen only made you look like a "nosy busy body", oh and a internet troll. Relax and stop worrying about what your neighbors are doing, as long as it isn't putting you or your family in jeopardy.
the truth

Joliet, IL

#28 Jan 21, 2013
zero tolerance is the best policy....this could have been so bad, rr tracks, major road, inclement weather...etc...
The driver is most definately at fault....
Let me ask was or is there anything the school or the bus company could have done to prevent this situation...Or maybe find the child sooner...
just saying

Chicago, IL

#29 Jan 21, 2013
Happy Dad,
How long can you turn your head the other way until you become(as you would say)that nosy busy body.I sure you don't want to make your family or neighbors mad, but there comes a time to speak up. Maybe the bus driver was having bad day.Maybe she did this a lot and people knew.But it wasn't effecting their family, so they just turned their head the other way.When it comes to 4 wheelers, you see two words that stick out in the manual.Never and always.Never ride on the road.They aren't design for the pavement.Always wear your helmet.In the last 30 years,250 people died in Illinois in 4 wheelers accidents.60 were under 16 years of age.Overall, bus drivers numbers are better when it comes to leaving kids on the bus.We hold( what you call servants) bus drivers,teachers,nurses, doctors, firemen,policemen,etc. to high standards.We should hold ourselves to the same high standards.If they just told everyone to kiss their ass one day, I don't blame them.I hope you at least were your seat belt.
Brett

Hoffman Estates, IL

#30 Jan 21, 2013
the truth wrote:
zero tolerance is the best policy....this could have been so bad, rr tracks, major road, inclement weather...etc...
The driver is most definately at fault....
Let me ask was or is there anything the school or the bus company could have done to prevent this situation...Or maybe find the child sooner...
For starters, the school bus driver has a sign that hangs in the back window of the bus after they walk the bus on site at the school. That was laying at the front of the bus on the floor. Second, Gardner Grade School policy is to have the teacher get the 4 and 5 year olds off the bus at school. So yes this whole thing could have been avoided. And third the School never notified the parents until after the child was found at the bus barn. Over an hour and a half later. Hopefully this answered your questions.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#31 Jan 21, 2013
just saying wrote:
Happy Dad,
How long can you turn your head the other way until you become(as you would say)that nosy busy body.I sure you don't want to make your family or neighbors mad, but there comes a time to speak up. Maybe the bus driver was having bad day.Maybe she did this a lot and people knew.But it wasn't effecting their family, so they just turned their head the other way.When it comes to 4 wheelers, you see two words that stick out in the manual.Never and always.Never ride on the road.They aren't design for the pavement.Always wear your helmet.In the last 30 years,250 people died in Illinois in 4 wheelers accidents.60 were under 16 years of age.Overall, bus drivers numbers are better when it comes to leaving kids on the bus.We hold( what you call servants) bus drivers,teachers,nurses, doctors, firemen,policemen,etc. to high standards.We should hold ourselves to the same high standards.If they just told everyone to kiss their ass one day, I don't blame them.I hope you at least were your seat belt.
You have definately crossed over into the nosy busy body catigory. And I still fail to see the connection along with most of the rest of the community. I guess if I really made the stretch. I might understand your point. However you are comparing the rights of a parent to the duty of a bus driver, teacher, nurse, doctor, fireman, policeman, ect. When there is no comparison. I didn't name them "public servants", that has been on their resumes for decades. And yes they are held to high standards as are parents, how you raise your kids is your buisness and how anybody else raises theirs is NOT your business. If you don't want to see families haveing fun on RTVs move to Naperville where the "nosy busy body" soccer moms have grouped up into associations and mandated what kind of fence you can or can't put up, and you can't wash your car in your drive way. That's where you're going with this "I'm going to video you and report you the next time" attitude. Give it up this isn't the thread for you. Start your own and call it, I'm a "nosy busy body". Or better yet mind your own business.

:-)

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#32 Jan 21, 2013
ATVs* Not RTVs lol

Also I just was rereading that post "just saying". Did I understand that right? 30 years??? 60 under the age of 16? That's 2 per year. One isn't good however more kids drown at the beach or fall out trees, or choke on their food.

On the state board web site it says "an average of 33 school-age children die in school-bus-related traffic crashes each year.
Most of the children killed are pedestrians, five to seven years old. They are hit within the school bus danger zone and are struck by their own school bus or by a passing vehicle in violation of the school bus warning systems. Young children are most likely to be hit because they
•hurry to get on or off the bus,
•act before they think and have little experience with traffic,
•assume motorists will see them and will wait for them to cross,
•don’t always stay within the bus driver’s sight."

I'm not blaming bus drivers for all of these. But nether can you blame the parents in all of the ATV crashes. My point is it is a silly comparison. And you are still trying to justify yourself for a poorly timed complaint.

Ok I'm done. LOL
some schoolbuses

Downers Grove, IL

#33 Jan 22, 2013
have a system that requires the driver to do the walk back and flip a switch or enter a code.....otherwise an alarm/alert/call happens if it is not done.
Come on

Chicago, IL

#34 Jan 22, 2013
OMG "Just Saying" isn't the brightest star in the sky! Nobody seems to follow her logic!
Someone who cares

Joliet, IL

#35 Jan 22, 2013
There is a policy for ALL BUS DRIVERS to check their buses after they drop children off at the school. PERIOD!!!!! END OF DISCUSSION!!!!! You are also to count them on and count them off...if that driver only had 4 kids on that bus there is NO REASON that child should have been left on there. And yes SHAME ON THE SCHOOL for not calling about that child. That child should have been found within 10 minutes of getting them dropped off at the school. There are signs that are to be hung in the back of each and every school bus that says it has been checked for children. NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!
For Starters

United States

#36 Jan 24, 2013
I for one say its the kids fault. He shouldnt have fallen asleep. The bus drivers job is to get the kid to school. Which he did.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#37 Jan 24, 2013
For Starters wrote:
I for one say its the kids fault. He shouldnt have fallen asleep. The bus drivers job is to get the kid to school. Which he did.
lol nice. Obviously a troll however for the sake of sane thinking people. Let me ask you something. Do you realize the child is 4 years old?
Eric

Libertyville, IL

#38 Jan 24, 2013
"just saying" is a troll and is just trying to hijack this thread. If they were truly concerned about parents spending time with their children on ATV's they would start their own thread and let people comment there. As far as the topic of this thread is concerned, I'm glad the bus driver got fired for this. When is the next school board meeting and is anyone going to be sure that the school is held accountable for it's part in this?
Heres your sign

Gardner, IL

#39 Jan 24, 2013
It's really pathetic how some people can be. There is no comparison to riding a 4 wheeler,and leaving an innocent toddler on the bus. For Starters' you are a dumb a** how the hell can you blame a child for falling asleep? Do you know how fast not only kids but adults can fall asleep going for a ride? One can only hope this could happen to you. So that you can feel the fear that poor baby did that day. Definitely glad the driver is fired. Will she be able to drive another bus? Please say she cant.
Lucky in Gardner

Gardner, IL

#40 Jan 24, 2013
Your right they're pathetic,but the only way they know how to get attention. One way to know if the school is liable talk to the administrative office. Looked up the next board meeting it is February 19th. I would hope the drivers bus driving days are over. Thoughts to the child and his family.
just unhappydad sayin

Joliet, IL

#41 Jan 25, 2013
Just saying and happy dad are pathetic. After reading thru this string, I have come to realize both of you are braindead. Take your shots at me cause this is my only post. Arrrg. What a couple of whining snits. Kid gets left on a bus. Thank God he is ok. Irresponsible driver fired. Story over

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Desk picked up near GGS had something importan... 21 hr Ask 3
Where in Indiana is Josh House? Sun TPup77 1
News Aqua explores deal for Peotone's water system Jun 9 Board one voter 2
Can't we find someone else to run for the Gardn... May 31 rt66 4
Drug Problem May '17 Concerned Citizen 1
Katelyn hodge May '17 Concerned 3
damian mailloux Apr '17 Armageddon 4

Bonfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonfield Mortgages