Will County crash kills 2 teens, inju...

Will County crash kills 2 teens, injures 2 others

There are 11 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Will County crash kills 2 teens, injures 2 others. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Melissa Michalowski's father recently told his only daughter she needed to step up and help pay her own bills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Funding cuts kill

Glen Ellyn, IL

#1 Dec 11, 2008
Deeply sorry for their loss. They did not deserve to die. Still it could have been avoided by having the trucks actually put the blades down to do some scraping and adding salt or brine. Still salt is too expensive according to govt.s across the nation. How about doing right by this family and looking at the real cost of govt stewardship over taking "acceptable" losses. Moreover, how about looking for other resources? DOT drivers, not govt, in Washington State sought out discarded salt left from making cheese in dairy. No bribes were needed and those guys got a real solution over pay to play style govt. They got the right mix of brine and used it. Dairy was happy to get rid of it according to CNN story. A Mountain pass went from a hand-full of accidents a week to a hand-full a season. Oh, yea. It was also less corrosive to autos. Bet dairies all around would be more than willing to help by donating or getting a tax break for letting the local plows do their job of spreading the brine. Goodness an additional cost reduction to the govt as well, what a great idea. For the sake of these people and others let them help us all to see the truth and to act accordingly to not let them die in vain. God had a plan for them and he works in strange ways. The parents are already very proud their kids were trying to do the right thing. Send some money to the family to cover their loss.
Custer Park

United States

#2 Dec 11, 2008
I live rite where this happened and let me tell you there are accidents on that strech of road all the time. The speed limit is way to fast around that curve. I urge all of you to write to IDOT and help slow the traffic between bonfiled rd and bauer rd.
Ernest T Bass

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 11, 2008
much sadness and many prayers. Tues evening's driving conditions were as bad as I've seen them in years. Cars sliding backwards downhill, traffic crawling...all that rain and light snow froze within 30 minutes as temps plummeted. Tough to have every road salted and plowed as the ice was forming. I chose to stay off the road after scratching my way home from work.
matt

Hometown, IL

#4 Dec 11, 2008
i dont think the speed limit of the road is set at. its the driver that has to know if she or he is going to fast. that night was terrible out. the IDOT already put out that it was cutting back on salt used. so u should right away that the roads are going to be slick especially on them curvey roads.. ya it was unfortunate for that to happen but i dont think changing the speed limit on the road is going to do anything
Devastated

West Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 11, 2008
The weather was a factor, but it was an accidnet- plain and simple.
I'll bet the driver of the truck is simply devastated.
Katie Schluter-Koza

Lytle Creek, CA

#6 Dec 13, 2008
Does anyone know how to get a hold of the Carr Family?? I have been friends with them for many years, but have lost contact because of life. If anyone does, please email me [email protected]
awe

Joliet, IL

#7 Dec 14, 2008
god bless the family
JulesK

Monee, IL

#8 Dec 16, 2008
There's guest book here http://www.legacy.com/nwng/Obituaries.asp...
or google Crystal's name

“whats happenin”

Since: Dec 08

Bradley

#9 Dec 17, 2008
Katie Schluter-Koza wrote:
Does anyone know how to get a hold of the Carr Family?? I have been friends with them for many years, but have lost contact because of life. If anyone does, please email me [email protected]
are they black? thats the only car family i know
um no

West Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 17, 2008
mattHammond wrote:
<quoted text>
are they black? thats the only car family i know
Check out Crystal's obit at the link above--she had blond hair and blue eyes.....
no she was not black!

“whats happenin”

Since: Dec 08

Bradley

#11 Dec 18, 2008
um no wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out Crystal's obit at the link above--she had blond hair and blue eyes.....
no she was not black!
no sry dont know them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't we find someone else to run for the Gardn... May 15 Pooch 3
Katelyn hodge May 10 Concerned 3
News Aqua explores deal for Peotone's water system May 4 Sam I am 1
damian mailloux Apr 25 Armageddon 4
James baker Apr 25 Armageddon 2
Brewery? Apr 25 Armageddon 2
Enough of Nina Epstein (Jan '13) Apr 25 Demon Hunter 52

Bonfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance