GBI releases new information in Tara ...

GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead case

There are 79 comments on the The Macon Telegraph story from Jul 3, 2008, titled GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead case. In it, The Macon Telegraph reports that:

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation wants to know whose DNA and fingerprint are on a glove found near the home of an Ocilla woman missing for nearly three years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Macon Telegraph.

Rex Mundi

United States

#42 Jan 2, 2011
Jeff wrote:
Why don't you go to CHurch and learn that what you are saying is gonna land you in Hell....ole boy. That's not me talking...it's the Lord. It's people like you that are screwing up this world with your lack of faith. As for Osama...the US knows where he is at....but if you find him...it would be just cause to end the war and the government doesn't want that....been there done that.
Jeff you naïve fool once your dead your dead quit wasting your time at church, religion
has KILL more people in tje world than anything else MAN has invented its the biggest hoax ever !!!
wimpy

Springfield, OH

#43 Feb 8, 2011
Someone in Ocilla must be able to tell who done this to TARA. Has anyone talked to Little Kim lately?
TTflyer

Palm Bay, FL

#44 Feb 26, 2011
CLOSE FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE USUALLY THE LAST TO REALLY KNOW SOMEONE...PEOPLE ALWAYS HAVE ANOTHER SIDE TO THEM...SOUNDS LIKE SHE WAS PLAYING AROUND WITH THE MARRIED COP AND HER BOYFRIEND....AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHO ELSE...LOTS OF SUSPECTS....A LOT OF WOMEN WHO ARE BEAUTY QUEENS ARE NARCISTS...SO THEY ARE ALWAYS UP TO SOMETHING THERE CLOSE FRIEDND HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT...
---------abz____ _________

Evansville, IN

#45 Apr 9, 2011
RIP

Since: Nov 09

Aarschot, Belgium

#46 Apr 25, 2011
I was a bit sceptic when I heard about the dregging of the river where a neighbour allegedly saw suspicious activity nearly five years ago. Ok, why wait so long to come forward? Did he think it was dodgy because these people that he saw where names that come up in the investigation? It could simply be two people who were smoking some pot and got to a secluded area to be left alone and not to get caught.
Why wait almost six years to pass this on is what I don't underdstand. And the way they searched made me laugh! No equipment was used, no sonar, no dogs, only a handful of LE digging with their bare hands through the mud and water, but if you think about the time that has since passed and the weather conditions, the vegetation etc. how on earth can they find remains just by digging their hand through some mud on the river banks?? I would think that after all this time, if Tara's body has been put there, she would be far down and underneath the mud because five years ago the river and all in or around it wasn't the same as it is today. I think this was just another lousy attempt to make the people believe they are still looking for her but if they are indeed looking, they can do a hell of a better job IMO! No wonder she can't be found.
jodata

Memphis, TN

#47 May 20, 2011
where was Gary Hilton in October 2005? Hilton used or attempted to use ATM cards of at least two of his victims.$ 300 cash from ATM in Tara's car.
KarenE

Fishers, IN

#48 Jul 20, 2012
Why isn't anyone asking about the officer that Harper was driving around with the night Tara disappeared? Has a DNA profile been done? A polygraph? Perhaps this friend and officer helped Harper. All I've read about this case leads me to believe someone with an law enforcement background is responsible for this disappearance, and not the married cop.(He left his card in her door ... cmon a no brainer)
How odd the night Tara disappeared, Harper was driving around all night with an officer on duty.
Sad that this case has yet to be solved and this family has to not only suffer, but the pain of not knowing or having any closure, must be a living hell.
Purpose of Start Times

Kathleen, GA

#49 Jul 22, 2012
Karen your an idiot,but that is what topix attracts. Welcome home.
Mary

Augusta, GA

#50 Jul 22, 2012
There She Is wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, the White Tittied Female.
That's gottabe ugly.
Garesident

United States

#51 Nov 5, 2012
Nobody is trying to bring down religion or should ... However, with all do respect ...the whole point , the whole question is where did end up? Many think it's an officer and an accomplice, some think it's a stalker, some think she became frustrated with her love life and hectic schedule and said "the hell with it all." despite Albany ruling her legally deceased in 2010, has anyone heard something entirely different ? It's sad that the latest info alert on the Internet for 2012 is a link with some woman using her tarot cards. Sick how some try to profit off of a missing persons case with crap that is used soley to get attention for their wallet.
Postman

Macon, GA

#52 Nov 17, 2012
Has anyone went to Dr. Gary Williams in Hawkinsville? Would like to know what your opinion of him is.
Rab-scotland

UK

#54 Jan 26, 2013
Keep tara in the media spotlight and keep the faith,there will be justice.Thoughts and prayers for tara and the family.
Georgia Boy

Hawkinsville, GA

#55 Jan 29, 2013
Postman wrote:
Has anyone went to Dr. Gary Williams in Hawkinsville? Would like to know what your opinion of him is.
Saw him a couple times. I think he's a good Doctor just poor bedside manner.
peeping tom

Hawkinsville, GA

#56 Apr 9, 2013
I saw him 2mths ago for a second opinion best decision i ever made i feel better than i've ever felt in years. He even took me off of some meds that my other Dr. had me on I would go to him b4 i'll go to any of the other crooks thats at TRH.
Believe

Jacksonville, FL

#57 May 5, 2013
Believe this. The fact is that someone knows something. The truth will come out about Tara. This has screamed poor investigation from the time it was discovered that Tara was missing. How hard is it to check every cell phone in Ocilla. No person that knew Tara well, worked with her, dated her, rented to her, and the list could go on. No reason to rule out anyone, right down to a repair man. If they have her car. Who rode with her in the car at anytime? I can only pray this case will not be tossed aside.
-

Macon, GA

#58 May 19, 2013
I think she's under her neighbors house. He was quite fond of her. The day after she went missin, he poured concrete foundation for his house and refused continuously to let gbi search underneath.
Phyllis

Fitzgerald, GA

#59 May 19, 2013
Wow! Never heard this.
- wrote:
I think she's under her neighbors house. He was quite fond of her. The day after she went missin, he poured concrete foundation for his house and refused continuously to let gbi search underneath.
why

Cordele, GA

#60 May 20, 2013
the bottom line is why didn't and why wont they search there ? Regardless of who this neighbor is ? this could be the answer to this mystery!
Zeek

Blue Ridge, GA

#62 Jul 28, 2013
Phyllis wrote:
Wow! Never heard this.
<quoted text>
You never hear it because its to true.
Wimpy

Camp Lejeune, NC

#63 Oct 1, 2013
Why and zeek why does it always seem that the ones closest to a missing person etc. where a potential crime is involved are the ones to be the least co-opertive ? Why don t the authorities get a search warrant and tear up that neighbor s cement ? If they don t find anything or any body then GBI should repair and re-build the cement . I also find it strange that a professional like MH and his parent (s) would not give consent to have the farm searched . That isn't t asking to much to help possibly locate someone whom you were involved with for several years and allegedly cared so much for etc . Flying a plane or helicopter does not clear one . Lawyering up , private lie -detector test, and not consent to search farm etc doesn t look to favorable . I ve always been told police and professionals are held to a higher standard . They should be the last to run for cover when called to help clear up a missing person s case .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonaire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rick Perez Nov 30 Jessie 1
Tell me about Perry (Oct '09) Oct '16 Crazy town 8
Bj? Oct '16 Chuck 3
News Douglas GSAR team deployed to coast to help wit... Oct '16 lol baby 1
News Ex-Wife Accuses DA Burke (Mar '07) Oct '16 Playa 6
News Georgia WWII veteran asks for help finding long... (Jan '16) Jan '16 dedemystery 1
News Warner Robins man accused of striking dog with ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 The_Saint 3

Bonaire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonaire Mortgages