GBI releases new information in Tara ...

GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead case

There are 93 comments on the The Macon Telegraph story from Jul 3, 2008, titled GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead case. In it, The Macon Telegraph reports that:

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation wants to know whose DNA and fingerprint are on a glove found near the home of an Ocilla woman missing for nearly three years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Macon Telegraph.

sdg

United States

#22 Jul 4, 2009
i know that most of the lake is dry except for an area that still holds some water, must be where the spring feeds in and possibly where the rumored caves are, it is deffinately deeper than the rest of the lake. from what i have read no one seems to know if the actual waterpark area was ever actually searched. seemed kinda odd that it wouldn't be
tmr

United States

#23 Jul 30, 2009
I am appaulled at the comments about the "married cop" from people who do not know him or anything about him. I am related to him and he would never do anything to harm someone. People make mistakes and use poor judgement in some of their choices in life, but it doesn't make them a bad person and certainly not a killer.
soh

United States

#24 Aug 1, 2009
The "married cop" put himself in the hotseat.
Kris

Brussels, Belgium

#25 Aug 27, 2009
It"s almost four years without answers and Tara doesn't deserve this, nor her family students and friends and all the people who are still praying and searching for answers. She would be so happy to see that so many people care for her, it's heartbreaking that the one who is responsible doesn't have that feel of heart to do the right thing and still puts up a mask for everyone in his vicinity. I know that the chances are zero that he will turn himself in one day, ofcourse he doesn't want to loose his freedom but he could at least make it anonumously known where to find her remains. If he is so clever as to leave zero evidence of him being there that weekend she vanished and for all this time, he should also be smart enough to know that after all this time, there won't be any evidence left to pinpoint to him if they find the remains so why not give Tara back to her family. She deserves a final resting place where people can pay their respects and put flowers and share memories of her. At least have some mercy on Tara and share the location of her remains, there are many ways to do that these days without revealing info on who and why. Please, I know you as a perp have to have some compasion and feeling inside of you, I am fairly certain that even you had love for Tara some time in your life, maybe that love is what caused this nightmare so once again, I and with me lots of people, will begg you : please make Tara come home, her mother passed away already without having the chance to say a propper goodbye, don't let other family members die without having her back. Show mercy and compassion and do something wright, I am sure when you will be before God, this act will give you some resolution. I really cannot understand how you, as a person, can live with this terrible burden al these years and can go on like nothing ever happened, doesn't it eat you away at night? Don't you hear her screams or pleas for her life, don't you see her face, don't you feel her hurting with wat you did to her? Please Let Tara come home to where she so loved to be and she belonged. I am sure you won't be caught by reveiling the burial site only and there won't be anything left to find to pinpoint to you so please please, make this info known, you will sleep much better and will at least be able to go on with your life knowing that at least you did some thing wright.
Tara, lot's of people still care and we will never forget or give up on you, NEVER!!! God bless you...
What happened

Fountain, FL

#26 Nov 2, 2009
I seen a pysch detective program on t.v. about Ms. Grinsteads case. Did the local LE follow up on any of the information given to them ?
who me

Kittanning, PA

#27 Nov 3, 2009
i am sure they did not... no one want to know what happened to her....
Eddy

Dawsonville, GA

#28 Nov 10, 2009
The glove . Follow the glove . I personally do not think it was planted . I think it was over looked .
Mary

Jasper, FL

#29 Nov 13, 2009
the glove? there are many healthcare workers that lived near tara. all have had dna done. the married man is ploiceman that would use gloves. according to the people that live nexr door they knew about him. they would wake up and find his truck in they'er yard. he knew they knew about him.
so why did he leave that night and leave the card in her door and not wake them up to unlock the door to her house.
Stephen

Young Harris, GA

#30 Nov 13, 2009
People in Hawkinsville know more than than is being told .
Benjamin

Chattanooga, TN

#31 Nov 15, 2009
People in Hawkinsville are always not telling the whole truth- Such a hush hush community where evil goes on 24/7 under the shoulders of everyone else. The leaders in the city run it just like they want to and believe what they want to believe - not what the truth may be.
carla

Commerce, GA

#32 Nov 18, 2009
If soh is referring to the cop named Dykes , He did not do it . The investigation was side tracked early on . Money talks just for so long .
Sanches

Commerce, GA

#33 Nov 19, 2009
Enough time has past. Harper, Dykes , nor former student did this . Any of these three would have been caught by now . The slick or should I say the sick mind behind this has been tainted with drugs for a long time . He thinks he is smarter than all people but he is not smarter than all people combined .Now his time is running out .
Sanches

Commerce, GA

#34 Nov 19, 2009
For the book writers: Harpers atty Tom was trained by Emory walters firm . Emory was the best trail lawyer , beating F. Lee Baily several times straight in row . Emory Walters was related to C.B. Walters who was married to the former Laurie Grinstead who was the sister to Jake Grinstead who was the grandfather of Tara Grinstead .

Since: Nov 09

Belgium

#35 Nov 25, 2009
Sanches, if none of these three did it, who do you refer to? Is this the same one that has been mentioned on the board way back also, the one that, since Tara's disappearance, has done several suicide attempts? If yes, what would his motive be?
John

Warner Robins, GA

#36 Feb 8, 2010
Anymore updates?
On the Edge

United States

#37 Feb 9, 2010
Benjamin wrote:
People in Hawkinsville are always not telling the whole truth- Such a hush hush community where evil goes on 24/7 under the shoulders of everyone else. The leaders in the city run it just like they want to and believe what they want to believe - not what the truth may be.
Benjamin,
I would have to agree with you. Sad, but true.
John

Troy, OH

#38 Feb 26, 2010
There must have been policemen fallen over each other the night TARA disappeared. It would have been virtually impossible for one of them not to have not seen her when she disappeared voluntarily or by force.

Since: Nov 09

Mons, Belgium

#39 Oct 28, 2010
They always thought the perp came back after Tara was already gone to straighten up her place and stage things but what I don't understand is HD's card stuck in her door. This must mean all that has happened, happened BEFORE HD's standing in her yard and calling Faye and returning etc. because logic tells me, if the perp came back after that, the business card would have fallen on the ground when he opened the door to her house or did he gain access somewhere else, I remember Godwin stating there was an open bedroom window so maybe he climbed in there and that was how the lamp got broken, he stepped on it in the dark...
HIs Goodness

United States

#40 Dec 26, 2010
Fineazell1 wrote:
@ Steve
Yes, because god has done such a great job protecting her in the first place.
How bout you dial that 24/7 line that is open and ask him where she is. While you are at it, ask him where Osama is hiding too.
God is much higher than us, His thoughts are not our thoughts.
He allows good and evil, it the choice that is given to everyone to put their trust in Him or not. Untimately it is about our eternal destiny that is at stake. Why this happend is that we live in a world of sinner seperated from God. We cannot question God, it is God that we will stand before one day and answer to Him.
Hope this helps.
Ga girl

Grinnell, IA

#41 Dec 28, 2010
To those of you that are mocking God, think about this-Do not fear anyone that can take your life, fear the one that can throw your soul into everlasting hell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonaire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Warner Robins Recreation Department Feb 5 Billy 2
Is Warner Robins a good place to live? (Sep '08) Jan 22 Daniel 95
Review: LDI Landscape (Apr '17) Jan '18 j mathis 12
stripper$ Jan '18 mbobby 2
Is the swimming pool at fountain park ever open? (Jun '13) Dec '17 Louise Albritton 6
Review: Jomic Home Restorations (Jun '11) Dec '17 Karma 72
Who was Kevin Wellons (Feb '17) Nov '17 Misty 5

Bonaire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonaire Mortgages