Former Fort Valley police chief to ap...

Former Fort Valley police chief to appeal firing

There are 3 comments on the The Macon Telegraph story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Former Fort Valley police chief to appeal firing. In it, The Macon Telegraph reports that:

Fort Valley’s former public safety director said the city did not have cause to fire him and he will sue if the city does not give him severance pay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Macon Telegraph.

long time friend

Perry, GA

#1 Mar 22, 2012
I do know John David personally. and yes I said John David, for those of us who have known him most of his life, we call him John David. I personally think that you need substantiated evidence of his wrongdoing before he is tried and hung. I agree with John David, If he didn't do it, why should he admit to something he didn't do.
John David is a good man. Maybe he didn't show up for the "meeting" because either he didn't know about the "meeting" or he thought he would be vindicated. do what you have to do John David, stand tall for what is right, always!!!
John David is a great law enforcement officer, Fort Valley is the one losing out.
Unknown

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jun 2, 2013
long time friend wrote:
I do know John David personally. and yes I said John David, for those of us who have known him most of his life, we call him John David. I personally think that you need substantiated evidence of his wrongdoing before he is tried and hung. I agree with John David, If he didn't do it, why should he admit to something he didn't do.
John David is a good man. Maybe he didn't show up for the "meeting" because either he didn't know about the "meeting" or he thought he would be vindicated. do what you have to do John David, stand tall for what is right, always!!!
John David is a great law enforcement officer, Fort Valley is the one losing out.
. I believe it was a set up. The new director is very close to the administrator who pressed for Anderson to be fired. There needs to be a external investigation.
Unknown

Warner Robins, GA

#3 Jun 2, 2013
I believe Chief Anderson Needs to continue fighting. I believe it was a set up. The Administrator and present Chief are very close. The administrator pressed for Anderson's termination even though sufficient evidence was not submitted. The current Chief who was the acting Chief at the time is known to be racially bias and threatened to file a discrimination suit if he was not awarded the position. All the officers including the majority of the patrol Sargent's are rookies. Less than 2 years out of P.o.s.t. The current Chief is very close to the city administrator and is known to fire White officers with out just cause on minor policy violations, and has made many racially bias comments about white officers. The department needs to be investigated externally. Discrimination in the department is prevalent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonaire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who was Kevin Wellons Thu Ethan 3
News GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead ... (Jul '08) Thu Allan Melvin 83
Who is the public works director of Fort Valley... Feb 13 Sarah 2
Emergency Management Feb 13 Herman J 4
Pic swap Jan '17 RexHEX 10
Digging On the Hazard Bypass Jan '17 Allan Melvin 2
pain clinc Jan '17 Lady D 1

Bonaire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonaire Mortgages