Justice for my son's puppy who was sh...

Justice for my son's puppy who was shot and killed

Posted in the Bonaire Forum

Kim Avery

Dallas, GA

#1 Jun 12, 2008
My son is 9 years old and just lost his father 3 months ago. His dog was a 7 month old mixed lab that was his best friend and a true comfort to him with the loss of his dad. Our dog MacMac was shot last night 6/11 by Mr. Newberry of Lizella, GA. The dog was not doing anything wrong, not vicious in any way, just a good dog who loved everyone. A report was made with the Bibb County sheriff's department but Mr. Newberry was not arrested. He shot and killed the dog on a public road and we had a witness. There is blood by the road which the sheriff took pictures of. Mr. Newberry admitted to the crime and went with the sheriff to show him where he put the dog after he shot him. How much more evidence do you need to arrest him I asked the sheriff. One excuse after another from the Bibb County sheriff dept. who only took 45 minutes to get to my house. You would think I committed a crime by even calling them. I am suppose to get a call today from the Captain of the sheriff's dept to see if anything is going to be done. This man kills an innocent puppy who has done nothing wrong and is still free while my son is devastated. If anyone can help me please let me know. I live in Lizella, GA. on Taylor Road. Kim Avery
possibly solved

Nashville, GA

#2 Jun 20, 2008
Call ASPCA and tell them what happened, how you can get in touch with them is by calling an animal shelter. They will more then likely do something about it.

Another option.
Call 13WMAZ tell them your story and they will air it & get more information & everything.

Hope this helps.
Newberry is a Low Life

Warner Robins, GA

#3 Jun 23, 2008
What a low life! This guy (if I am correct) is a father and husband! And I think his wife teaches in Houston County! A man with a gun who is obviously unstable running around shooting dogs!? What if he was a poor shot and killed a child!! PRESS CHARGES!!!
You are to blame

Macon, GA

#4 May 31, 2013
Sounds to me like you need a fence and leash!!! Keep your dog put up and this should not happen again! You cant blame the old man for what he did because you did not do what you should have done. I hate you lost your dog over this but hey be a responsible owner!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonaire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Jomic Home Restorations (Jun '11) Fri D M Golden 69
Perry GA Apr 28 Jeanette 3
Kara cannon Apr 12 Just interested 1
Russell Parkway and Tharpe Rd accident yesterday Apr 7 Justme109 1
sex offender rodney rumph (Dec '12) Apr 4 ImJusSayin 5
Ashley Angell, you ARE NOT Nancy Grace! Mar '16 helpmeaningfulcases 3
News Calhoun High School Literary Team wins 2016 Reg... Mar '16 muhammad was a pe... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonaire Mortgages