Houston County jail inmate found dead

Houston County jail inmate found dead

There are 21 comments on the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer story from Jul 3, 2008, titled Houston County jail inmate found dead. In it, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reports that:

Sheriff Cullen Talton says a 22-year-old inmate in the Houston County Jail died Thursday while confined in a restraining chair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tracy

Hendersonville, NC

#1 Jul 5, 2008
Sounds fishy to me.
Should that be my family
I would demand answers.
Fast answers at that
ms mama

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 Jul 14, 2008
i agree with previous comment. how much was this really investigated? no matter what a person is in jail for, they are still human and deserve to be treated with respect. maybe the guards need to stop and think-how will i be treated when i am jailed???
carol lombart

Norcross, GA

#3 Aug 10, 2008
too be 22 yrs.old what was the cause of death abuse from a officer it happen all the time
only god in heaven and the officer on duty knows the truth and the lord will revel it
heather coomey

Dothan, AL

#5 Mar 12, 2009
i am an ex inmate... i've seen how they do folks in the restraining chair here in houston county... they lock you in then keep you behind closed doors...how long was the victim dead?and also...was one of his cries or screams.... for help?????
Spoken Like

United States

#6 Mar 16, 2009
heather coomey wrote:
i am an ex inmate... i've seen how they do folks in the restraining chair here in houston county... they lock you in then keep you behind closed doors...how long was the victim dead?and also...was one of his cries or screams.... for help?????
A True Criminal. Go back to Jail. Inhale alittle more crack.
heather

Enterprise, AL

#7 Jun 15, 2009
it don't take a little more crack... to know facts!
i was there!!!
BRAD

Warner Robins, GA

#8 Jun 22, 2009
WELL MY NAME IS BRAD I WAS LOCKED UP THERE AT THE TIME...HIS NAME WAS STANFEILD...STANFEILD WAS IN D-POD WITH ME HE HAD SHARPEND HIS BUTTON FROM THE JUMPSUIT AND CUT HIMSELF THE GAURDS ENEDED UP PUTTING HIM IN THE RESTRAINT CHAIR WITH NO CLOTHES...AND DID NOT TEND TO HIS WOUNDS...
I TOO HAVE BEEN PUT IN THIS CHAIR BUT UNLIKE HIM...I HAD THE RESTRAINTS ON HANDCUFFS AND SHACKLES BUT MORE THEN THAT WAS DUCT TAPED NOT ONLY MY HANDS BUT ALSO MY MOUTH...
HOUSTON COUNTY DOES NOT CARE FOR THERE INMATES!!!
You deserve

United States

#9 Jun 28, 2009
heather coomey wrote:
Whatever you got while in jail for the crime you committed. You are an ex inmate, well I am sure you have seen prisoners that deserved whatever in the hell they got while behind bars.
It is my opinion many other prisoners ought to be brought out in boxes so that they are not walking around on the streets being a danger to society.
Those who are in jail or prison did not have any respect for their victims, so ex-inmate you can take your "deserve respect" and shove it up your butt without lube.
You deserve

United States

#10 Jun 28, 2009
BRAD wrote:
WELL MY NAME IS BRAD I WAS LOCKED UP THERE AT THE TIME...HIS NAME WAS STANFEILD...STANFEILD WAS IN D-POD WITH ME HE HAD SHARPEND HIS BUTTON FROM THE JUMPSUIT AND CUT HIMSELF THE GAURDS ENEDED UP PUTTING HIM IN THE RESTRAINT CHAIR WITH NO CLOTHES...AND DID NOT TEND TO HIS WOUNDS...
I TOO HAVE BEEN PUT IN THIS CHAIR BUT UNLIKE HIM...I HAD THE RESTRAINTS ON HANDCUFFS AND SHACKLES BUT MORE THEN THAT WAS DUCT TAPED NOT ONLY MY HANDS BUT ALSO MY MOUTH...
Whatever the hell you got behind bars, as well. What do you think jail or prison is a fricken daycare center. I am sure you will see the inside of many more jail cells in your time, and probably a long-term stay in prison. I think you are a dirtbag.
Deez

Macon, GA

#12 Oct 31, 2009
I was there when this happened. That guy actually died from cutting himself. Nothing the Deputys did killed him. That man cut himself. The Deputys do not do not put tape over imates mouths...There you go blow up your story acting like your billy bad ass. You were probably in jail for not paying your damn child support.
motherless child

Dothan, AL

#13 Dec 8, 2009
mrs deserve everybody is somebodys child i would hate for that child parents to read what you wrote. you dont know what he was locked up for what happen to innocent to proven guilty. i hope n pray that you dont have any childrens brothers or sisters,no family because you dont know what life has in store for you. i pray that you get all that hate out of your heart for people of a different kind. i hope and pray that you are not allowed to sit on anyones jury trial people like you are why so many innocent people are in jail. GOD BLESS YOU.
christie griffin

United States

#14 Dec 29, 2009
i was also an inmate at the houston county jail when i was 19 years old and if you have never been in jail its probaly cause you never got caught or were rich enough to get paid out of it and you can go to hell we do respect people but some of us have made bad choices in our past.IF GOD FORGIVES PEOPLE SO SHOULD WE.
christie griffin

United States

#15 Dec 29, 2009
heather wrote:
it don't take a little more crack... to know facts!
i was there!!!
SOME PEOPLE HAVE NOT A CLUE I HAVE BEEN THER TO.
On the Edge

United States

#16 Jan 4, 2010
BRAD wrote:
You know what criminal, when you go to jail, it is because more than likely you have committed a "crime". You are not in jail to receive massages, manicures, pedicures and facials. You are there because you are a criminal, and you are not there to be pampered with all the comforts of a Hilton Hotel. You act like a animal in jail, expect to be treated like a animal in jail. Your mouth was probably taped shut, because you could not keep it shut and were spitting at the jail staff. There is always more to the story when a criminal describes his or her little visit to jail. So, Get Real and tell the whole story.
Dukes

Warner Robins, GA

#17 Feb 23, 2010
On the Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what criminal, when you go to jail, it is because more than likely you have committed a "crime". You are not in jail to receive massages, manicures, pedicures and facials. You are there because you are a criminal, and you are not there to be pampered with all the comforts of a Hilton Hotel. You act like a animal in jail, expect to be treated like a animal in jail. Your mouth was probably taped shut, because you could not keep it shut and were spitting at the jail staff. There is always more to the story when a criminal describes his or her little visit to jail. So, Get Real and tell the whole story.
Really. STFU
On the Edge

United States

#18 Feb 23, 2010
Dukes wrote:
<quoted text>
Really. STFU
Yeah Really Dukes, which rhymes with Pukes..........
babygirlny

Alachua, FL

#19 May 11, 2010
my prayers goes out to the family , time heal all wounds
spanky42088

Daleville, AL

#20 May 14, 2010
i am also a ex inmate who served a four year sentence. I was charged with three crimes one in which i did the other two cause i wasnt a rat. mud people like you hopefully will be wrongfully accused one day and i hope you end up in the same pod i am i would take another charge for that wish."14/88"
the Real World

Dothan, AL

#21 May 24, 2010
You deserve,
You are such a loving, thoughtful and caring person. As are you, On the Edge. I can only bet that your mothers are so proud of the way you've each turned out.

Not everyone who has been jailed is a bad person. There are all sorts of reasons a person can wind up on the wrong side of the law. And, unfortunate as it may be, good people do sometimes find themselves in jail.

And yes, at only 22, this is still someone's son, no matter what he may have done.
As it just so happens, I am serving jury duty this week. I could only hope that someone like either of you two would be presented in the courtroom, and that I could know all the hatred you feel inside.
While I am normally a merciful person, I would have little mercy on a person like either of you.

But, at least I have enough sense to know that a person is assumed to be innocent until proven guilty. And, even if proven guilty, they're still a person.

Oh, and one more thing. Here's just a few of the other low-life dirtbags in our society that don't deserve the air that they breathe - at least according to the two of you...

Pris Hilton
Heather Locklear
Martha Stewart
Lindsey Lohan
Mel Gibson
Michelle Rodriguez
Nicole Richie
Bill Murray
Kiefer Sutherland
George W. Bush (3 Arrests)
Comrad

United States

#22 May 5, 2012
All yall stfu aint got nothn betta to do or nobody to fill in the blank, especially those "cracker nerds".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonaire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Jomic Home Restorations (Jun '11) Dec 3 Karma 72
Who was Kevin Wellons (Feb '17) Nov 21 Misty 5
Cell service Nov 12 JPS 1
News On the Table gatherings open up conversations a... Nov '17 Brainiac Five 1
sex offender rodney rumph (Dec '12) Oct '17 His neighbor 8
prostitutes (May '17) Oct '17 ladyslayer 3
Money makers Oct '17 teddy 4

Bonaire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance