Fresno Woman Found Dead in Millerton ...

Fresno Woman Found Dead in Millerton Lake

There are 42 comments on the KFSN-TV story from Jul 13, 2006, titled Fresno Woman Found Dead in Millerton Lake. In it, KFSN-TV reports that:

The Fresno County coroner says 53-year-old Josephine Gilliard was discovered floating in the water around 9:30pm Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFSN-TV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
James

Fresno, CA

#1 Jul 16, 2006
She was the most beautiful woman anyone could ever know. She gave so much to all that knew her. She was a true soldier for God. She was my hero and friend. She was the perfect mom. I miss her....
Petra- Weslaco TX

United States

#2 Jul 16, 2006
James wrote:
She was the most beautiful woman anyone could ever know. She gave so much to all that knew her. She was a true soldier for God. She was my hero and friend. She was the perfect mom. I miss her....
I am so sorry to hear of her death. She was a beautiful person and she will be missed. I will pray for her family and hope that they can recover from this great loss.
Patricia

Los Banos, CA

#3 Jul 16, 2006
My deepest condolences to the family. My prayer is that you will stay close to God during this time of grief and always. Never let go of His hand for He will always be there for you. Jo, you will be missed dearly.
Amanda

Parlier, CA

#4 Jul 16, 2006
Josie was a security guard at my school and all the kids including me loved her very much.. she wasnt just aperson who worked there she was like our good friend. i love you josie and you will be deeply missed
Felicia

United States

#5 Jul 17, 2006
My prayers are with with you all and your families in your time of loss. If you need anything contact the church to get my number. Josephine (mom) was a good person, and will be missed dearly.
Angie

AOL

#6 Jul 18, 2006
I send my love and deepest sympathy to the family. I miss Jo dearly. She was beautiful and strong and loving and fun. She touched my life as well as my daughet's (Jamila). Josephine loved God and that love overflowed onto all the people she came in contact with. I pray I have that kind of impact on the people who come into my life. There's so much more I can say but I'll be writing forever. She was so awesome that it's hard to just sum it up into a few words. I thank God for her life. I thank God for her in my life. I thank God for Jo.
Tonita

Chattanooga, TN

#7 Jul 18, 2006
Josiphine was such a sweetie. My son could always count on getting a Sabbath morning hug from her. She will be GREATLY missed. It is my prayer than whenever I become a grandmother, I will be able to encourage, love, and bless my grandchildren as Josiphine showered hers continually. My prayers go out to your family thru this untimely season of mourning.
Jacquelyn

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2006
I miss Josie dearly. I remember when I first meet her she reminded me of Olivia from Law and Order SVU. She had the attitude, the spunk, and the style. She was a great believer in god. She has touched so many lives with her time on earth and god felt like it was her time to go. She stopped me from doing the unspeakable...She preached to me and helped me get right with the lord and I asked for forgivness and gave my heart to the lord with her right by my side. I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for Josie.

She was a daughter of god and a firm believer. She will always be by my side and in my heart. I will miss her dearly.

Jacquelyn
Mayra

Soquel, CA

#9 Jul 19, 2006
James wrote:
I always admired Josephine's energy, her youthful spirit, and her involvement in the life of her children and grandchildren. I pray that the Lord will comfort and strenghten her children and grandchildren in this time of sorrow. We will miss you, Josephine...
Steve

Fresno, CA

#10 Jul 21, 2006
She was a wonderful woman, and I was blessed to have known her. I miss you Josie.
Venita

Fresno, CA

#11 Jul 21, 2006
James wrote:
What a blessing to have known such a beautiful, God-fearing woman. She had become a very close friend of mine, someone who ministered to me, and someone that I truly trusted. I already miss her smile, her laugh, and phone calls. I know I'll miss hearing her testimonies at church. She'd always say she couldn't let an opportunity go by without testifying of the goodness of God. She taught me a lot about love, faith and being a Christian. I miss you Jo.
Todd

Stockton, CA

#12 Jul 21, 2006
James wrote:
Ps 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in His favor is life; Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Ps 115:15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
FrankLeslieMalay sia

Lake Hughes, CA

#13 Jul 27, 2006
We will all deeply miss Josie. She was not only a sercurity guard at our school but she was a loved member of the Patriot Family. We all remember the times when she would have her chair out guarding the gate. All we would say is "want a hot chocolate" and she would just wave us bye. Josie will for ever be in our hearts and in our prayers.
"Just map quest it"
Mark

Auburn Hills, MI

#14 Jul 28, 2006
Josie my Love you are such a Great and Wonderful woman. Your love for God and dedication to the church made you the example. You are the most caring,kind,giving and loving person I have ever met. The unforgetable experiences we shared such as "Our First Kiss", our picnic in Monterey, the Giant Trees, and Yosemite. I know that you loved me and I loved you. I dont know if I can find the words to express just how much you mean to me. But I just want the world to know that I will always Love You Josie. And I thank God for the short time you have been in my life. You are one of a kind!
Our Promise
Romans 8:38-39
Chastity-Antiwon e-Kids

Fresno, CA

#15 Aug 2, 2006
Mama we truely miss you and your sense of humor. We miss those long talks of wisdom and the preachings of his word. You have given us something so special so sweet that can't be replaced by anyone. I thank you mama for forming and shaping me into the strong woman, mother and wife that I am today. I thank the Lord for blessing me with you, of all woman in the world, for being my mother. I pray to him everyday for the chance to see you and your beautiful face in heaven, oh what a joy that would be to see you and your smile, to see the the joy in your eyes that I made it, made it to his kingdom, Iknow thats all you've ever wanted and prayed for.I know this one day will be true. I love you mom, sleep tight sleeping beauty.
Keysha

Fresno, CA

#16 Aug 3, 2006
Not only a soldier a cooking one! Josephine had such an affect on my life she was truly used by God. No matter what she stood for what she believed in. I will always love her. I am just so thankful that I had a chance to experience her because she touched me in so many ways. She was always reaching out to me and others. She was a strong woman and no one can ever take that away. We shared intimate conversations. There was one thing that she made very clear to me and that was if any man was going to be in her life, he was going to have to except her grand children. She told me that she was not always the perfect mom but God blessed her to be an even better Grandmother. God does things for a reason. His ways are not our ways. Nor his thoughts our thoughts. There is no figuring out. Trust God and Live Life!
Victor Fernando Magana

United States

#17 Aug 3, 2006
Josephine touched so many different groups of people: her family, her church (Temple of Praise SDA) and our Christian drama troupe (ACTION). She wore many hats at TOP: Sabbath School, youth ministry, fellowship dinner, and transportation ministry (especially getting my mother to church). The last Sunday of her life, she visited my mother (Maxine Magana), and brought over a lovely set of chimes with an owl on them (Mom's favorite bird). She was one of the pillars of any group she was part of. When ACTION had its first play, "The Three Church Doors", at Fresno Westside, Josephine and her granddaughters were among the stars of the show. Her single mother character really brought home the point of the play, and ACTION, as summed up in our unofficial motto: "The Anti-Clique". She had the kind of inclusive, accepting spirit that her Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, showed toward hurting, needy people of all backgrounds and experiences. The most fitting tribute that those of us who loved her could give to her, is to move forward in that spirit, and not fall apart just because she is gone. She would have wanted us to, in spite of her own struggles, which her Lord knew and understood.

"For He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust."
(Psalm 103:13, 14)

May God bless and sustain all those whose lives she touched, and especially her family.

Victor Fernando Magana
President, ACTION
Victor Fernando Magana

United States

#18 Aug 3, 2006
My previous comments were somehow posted with the wrong city.
I live in Fresno, California.
Trina McFadden

Fresno, CA

#19 Aug 4, 2006
Words can never explain the emptiness we feel without her. Josie was more than a mother-in-law to me, she was more like a mother to me. She used to tell everyone I was her daughter and people believed us. I miss the long walks, cooking, shopping, laughing, crying, and our deep conversations. She taught me so much and I will always cherish her wisdom and teachings. She was so beautiful inside and out. I could talk to Mama about anything and she always had the answer and was always right. I would not be the woman I am today without her. Mama, I promise I will do everything I can to fulfill all your prayers and desires for our family. You never asked for anything but to see us saved. I miss you so much and I pray everyday that I will see you again in heaven. I know God will have the most beautiful and amazing tambourine made of the most precious jewels waiting just for you. Rest and sleep in peace, I Love You Mama.
Jalen and Janessa

Fresno, CA

#20 Aug 4, 2006
She was the coolest and funnest Nana anyone could have. The rollercoaster rides every summer will never be fun anymore. She always rode the most scaryest rollercoasters with me. The older Nana got the prettier she got. I'll miss you and love you always.... Jalen (Ju Ju Bee)

Dear Nana,
You are a real special, pretty Nana. I hope I will see you again and I will try my best to be good and see you again in heaven. Bless your big heart and it won't be fun playing dolls without you. I'll always remember you. I Love You Nana.... Janessa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bonadelle Ranchos-Madera Ranchos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Male prostitution (Jun '13) 16 hr Brisn 2
To Her... Mon Her 4
Worst city in the U.S. Mon Citizen One 4
The Vision Church (Ashlan) post 2 (Feb '15) Sun Smh 29
News Members of gay Asian immigrant group demonstrat... Sun Xavier 2
Broke Police Department Using Uber Aug 20 Yessir Maam 1
News Fresno Police Put Two Bulldog Gang Members Behi... (Dec '06) Aug 18 YIDFELLAS 959

Bonadelle Ranchos-Madera Ranchos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bonadelle Ranchos-Madera Ranchos Mortgages