Nashoba Class of 2007 moves on

Nashoba Class of 2007 moves on

There are 1 comment on the Bolton Common story from Jun 15, 2007, titled Nashoba Class of 2007 moves on. In it, Bolton Common reports that:

“While we are all dressed identically today, I still see the individuals we have become, the athletes, scholars, musicians, artists, socialites and so much more”

With a sea of green and white caps and gowns stretched out before her, Nashoba Regional High School Salutatorian Sarah Havey drew out a fact that might be missed by a casual observer at Sunday's graduation ... via Bolton Common

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bolton Common.

Dave

Lunenburg, MA

#1 Jul 7, 2007
How pretentious! "...socialites..."? The obsession America has with fame has even found its way into a Salutatorian's graduation speech in central Massachusetts. Not to knock Nashoba, but when I think of "socialites", I don't think of high school graduates from small public high schools out this way. The Groton School, indeed. St. Mark's? Of course. Phillips Andover and Exeter? Yes! Even Beverly Hills High School. But Nashoba? Come on. Ms. Havey apparently fancies herself to be another Paris Hilton, or at least she must run with what she perceives to be the "in" crowd, since the inclusion of "socialites" in this context is obviously a self-reference. It just annoys me that all these kids nowadays have such self-important perceptions of themselves. I attribute it to too many years of their baby-boomer parents telling them 24 x 7 how wonderful they are. Well, Ms. Havey. Why not "debutante"? Or "heiress" a la the aforementioned Ms. Hilton? Or is this just "high school" again where everything seems magnified out of proportion and, apparently, being one of the "in" kids invited to the right pool party constitutes being a "socialite"? Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis and Gloria Vanderbilt apparently had nothing on Ms. Havey and the "elite" Nashoba crowd!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) Jul 21 Darn Tootin 10
Sox / Tigers tickets tonight 7/18 Jul 18 Matildax0630 1
Review: Debbie's Pet Land (Aug '09) Jul 18 Matildax0630 36
Rick Jenkins' lack of character (Mar '13) Jun 28 Disgustedinward2 4
Harvard is a joke (Dec '10) Jun '17 American 3
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Hudson May '17 VictorOrians 1
News Couple charged in bank robbery - Sentinel & Ent... (Mar '10) May '17 Shaun Armstrong n... 154

Bolton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bolton Mortgages