Digital Equipment Corp. Co-founder Ken Olsen Dies at Age 84

Feb 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: PC World

Kenneth Olsen, the computer industry pioneer who co-founded minicomputer maker Digital Equipment Corp., died at the age of 84 on Sunday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4

Since: Feb 11

Marlborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Ken was an amazing man with strong integrity and fierce devotion to his employees at Digital.

Rest in peace, Ken.
Right Said Fred

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Where have all the Ken Olsens gone? He was a great man!
Sela Ward

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Come on! a founder or CEO caring about their employees while they profit off the sweat of their backs... I don't believe it, how could it be true?
Don Smith

Bonham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Sela Ward wrote:
Come on! a founder or CEO caring about their employees while they profit off the sweat of their backs... I don't believe it, how could it be true?
That man had more integrity than any person you will ever know. Back in his (and my) day- people like him really existed. MBA's, Financial consultants, "HR Professionals", attorneys and Wall Street crushed him. He was just a good guy who provided a great product, excellent customer service, and integrity- Probably one of the most ethical men to ever start a company. Of course they crushed him. Ran him off- stripped the corporation bare and had a fire sale..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Bolton News Video

•••
•••

Bolton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bolton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE