unsolved crime/case
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
upset

Millington, TN

#1 Nov 29, 2011
Do you have a unsolved case/crime in Hardeman County? What concerns you on how crime is handled in Hardeman County and what suggestions do you have to improve it?
fyi

Millington, TN

#2 Nov 29, 2011
Not sure where to start! crime seems to have a hold on our town and depending on who you are.. to what is done about it. Some cases are handled and some seem to be pushed aside. Should be fair to all who are victims. Should not be who you are or who you know or who you work for to get people less time or not even charged! glad to see at least a few are solved. We have a few officers who seem to care but most are just plain dirty but for the ones who do care great job! seems "protect and serve" means for the convicts not the victims! as for making it better two words stand out CLEAN HOUSE in other words please vote!!!
Mindy

Waupaca, WI

#3 Nov 29, 2011
Hardeman County justice for victims sucks!! Im fed up with dealing with Hardeman County! My husband was beat up and had gas poured on him and lit on fire back in December at a gas station in Whiteville......the DA offered a plea deal and they reduced the dude's charges from attempted murder to aggravated assault!! Had this happened somewhere else I bet my ass that the mf'er would still be in jail possibly under the dam thing!! Its sad that the convicts have more rights than the victims! The justice service is a** backwards!! Makes no sense to me!!
FYI

Beech Bluff, TN

#5 Nov 30, 2011
Mindy wrote:
Hardeman County justice for victims sucks!! Im fed up with dealing with Hardeman County! My husband was beat up and had gas poured on him and lit on fire back in December at a gas station in Whiteville......the DA offered a plea deal and they reduced the dude's charges from attempted murder to aggravated assault!! Had this happened somewhere else I bet my ass that the mf'er would still be in jail possibly under the dam thing!! Its sad that the convicts have more rights than the victims! The justice service is a** backwards!! Makes no sense to me!!
Crooked cops in Hardeman county---they need to be exposed!
pissed

Germantown, TN

#6 Dec 1, 2011
The lady that got burned raped and shot in her home over there by Fairground St.! It was told that the evidence got thrown away!
sad

Millington, TN

#7 Dec 1, 2011
pissed wrote:
The lady that got burned raped and shot in her home over there by Fairground St.! It was told that the evidence got thrown away!
we are having the problem.. this is so sad, hope more people post so maybe the right person can do something about the unjustice that victims have to put up with in this county
Ghostface

Bolivar, TN

#8 Dec 2, 2011
Speaking first hand, The officers can only do as much as the citizens help with. Officers dont know everything and most the time its someone out here with info that is too scared to tell the officers or scared to go to court. Its the criminal justice system that it jacked up and most officers will tell you that. All the police can do is arrest and present the cases to the prosecutors of the state. And at the end of it all the prosecutors is gone do what they feel like doing especially if they can avoid a trial and save tax dollars. I use to feel the same way until I got a job that interacts with law enforcement alot. The officers can only do so much. Its plenty of cases that these officers have info on and can charge certain individuals with but the district attorneys are not going to risk just going to trial with minimal evidence because when the jury comes back not guilty its over! Whoever got charged can admit to it then and its nothing you can do about it because they were already found not guilty. So its not the officers its our criminal justice system that needs some review.
Curious

Hendersonville, NC

#9 Dec 2, 2011
But there are no police officers that can be trusted. Especially when it com to blacks. The police treats them unfairly, curse them, and do what they want, especially if they have a past history but are trying to live the straight and narrow. Some ppl change as they get older, have children, or for whatever the reason may be, but these old crooked ass police around Bolivar will hold your past against you aand accuse you of what ever they think. They are really sick toy cops here in this county.
justice

Millington, TN

#10 Dec 2, 2011
Ghostface wrote:
Speaking first hand, The officers can only do as much as the citizens help with. Officers dont know everything and most the time its someone out here with info that is too scared to tell the officers or scared to go to court. Its the criminal justice system that it jacked up and most officers will tell you that. All the police can do is arrest and present the cases to the prosecutors of the state. And at the end of it all the prosecutors is gone do what they feel like doing especially if they can avoid a trial and save tax dollars. I use to feel the same way until I got a job that interacts with law enforcement alot. The officers can only do so much. Its plenty of cases that these officers have info on and can charge certain individuals with but the district attorneys are not going to risk just going to trial with minimal evidence because when the jury comes back not guilty its over! Whoever got charged can admit to it then and its nothing you can do about it because they were already found not guilty. So its not the officers its our criminal justice system that needs some review.
they can still be charged with violation of civil rights in some cases and can be found guilty of that and receive time. as for the criminal justice system it needs to be reviewed i agree but the blame falls on both and if the officers know this is happening and don't report it they are just as much at fault! but let a crime occur agaist them and bet ur bottom dollar they will do whatever it takes to get justice.. as for u taking up for the officers u must be one or not a victim of a crime. this place needs a full investigation from top to bottom and changes need to happen. Victims receive little to justice and are scared to report crimes due to knowing nothing will be done or don't trust the officers enough to know that they won't tell everybody they can just to gossip or try to be the first to solve it so they can gain a good name or rank then they end up losing or not gathering all the evidence or screwing up the search warrant or searching more than the warrant allows. I hope the right person does read this and one day these victims might receive the justice and respect they deserve!
moved

Millington, TN

#11 Dec 2, 2011
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
Crooked cops in Hardeman county---they need to be exposed!
i moved for that very reason hardeman county has alot of problems with their justice system
truth

Millington, TN

#12 Dec 2, 2011
Curious wrote:
But there are no police officers that can be trusted. Especially when it com to blacks. The police treats them unfairly, curse them, and do what they want, especially if they have a past history but are trying to live the straight and narrow. Some ppl change as they get older, have children, or for whatever the reason may be, but these old crooked ass police around Bolivar will hold your past against you aand accuse you of what ever they think. They are really sick toy cops here in this county.
i am white and to tell u the truth i think we get treated the same way. disrespected, cursed, and it's sad. it's who u know and how much money u have to pay the right one off.. hope this ends soon or i might move my family out of this town before we become a victim. i have never been in trouble but have made complaints and when i did, i felt like the victim. it's awful. i just hope for a change it upsets me, we have a lot of good people here black and white, young and old that should not have to live in fear
FYI

Beech Bluff, TN

#13 Dec 2, 2011
Yep...they let those "bad" people walk out of jail. Why? They "lose" evidence, or write things in the wrong color ink. Oh....these druggies get talked into being on their "payroll" in exchange for freedom and their willingness to set people up---no matter if the people they are setting up are innocent or not. It is really sad. All I can say is there will come a day!
sane lady

Chatawa, MS

#14 Dec 2, 2011
I am a nurse and work with law enforcement when it comes to domestic situations and etc. I for one understand where everyone is coming from, there are bad officers just like there are bad preachers and bad teachers and etc. There are bad apples everywhere you go. I have gotten tickets and blamed the officer knowing damn well I was speeding or wasnt paying attention. People will never look at what they are doing period. Im not taking up for officers but dont make blank statements based on opinions. Who are officers gone report the criminal justice system to? The president? The criminal justice system is jacked up all over america. And like the other person wrote courts wont prosecute unless they have evidence that goes beyond a reasonable doubt for the reason that if the jury pleads not guilty you can never try that person again and possibly killers, robbers walk free. Think if you were on the stand and two people swore they saw you do something without evidence and you go to prison for life for nothing. The system is jacked up but instead of complaining attend your local city council meetings and stated your concerns. My community does well when it comes to crimes because we watch out for each other and are not afraid to talk to the police. My house has been broken into and my neighbor gave the exact description of a vehicle he saw parked near my house and the 2 guys were caught. If there are certain officers mistreating people fairly report it in numbers! Im not gone say any names but thats how one popular officer got the boot out of the county!
My Inner Self

Bolivar, TN

#15 Jan 4, 2012
Someone needs to call the justice system down here I heard breanda woods knows their number not sure if she'll give it out though. or looked it up on the internet. under criminal justice department in washington DC.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#16 Jan 7, 2012
Just call and ask channel 3 to do an investigation. Complaining on here won't help.
worried and hurt

United States

#17 Jan 8, 2012
Something bad happened to me and they treated me like i was the crimminal and i was the victim so i moved away no justice
worried and hurt

United States

#18 Jan 8, 2012
Instead the criminals go to western state then draw a crazy check
Dr Pepper

Millington, TN

#19 Jan 9, 2012
wtf
sosad

Milan, TN

#20 Jan 18, 2012
this place really needs to be investigated! i have never been in trouble but know that things that go on that are not right. all i can do is hope that the right person reads some of these postings and decides that eveeyone in office should be investigated from the bottom to the top. lost evidence, asking people to wear a wire or they go to jail just for speeding please! and need i post that even i have been pulled over and ask for my phone number from a cop off duty! but i knew if i said anything i would be the next target! please, please, please someone save us from the people who should be saving us!!!!!!!!!!
ventura

Memphis, TN

#21 Jan 18, 2012
sosad wrote:
this place really needs to be investigated! i have never been in trouble but know that things that go on that are not right. all i can do is hope that the right person reads some of these postings and decides that eveeyone in office should be investigated from the bottom to the top. lost evidence, asking people to wear a wire or they go to jail just for speeding please! and need i post that even i have been pulled over and ask for my phone number from a cop off duty! but i knew if i said anything i would be the next target! please, please, please someone save us from the people who should be saving us!!!!!!!!!!

why dont all of you stfu and move to memphis..they have a black mayor and police chief.

maybe they can be your wet nurse while you dodge the drive bys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bolivar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating 10 hr Truthful 3
dara hobbs 22 hr John 2
hannah watkins 22 hr Mike 4
Ally and Brianna Smith 22 hr Yoyo 4
Any good restaurants?? Jul 16 guest 2
sort team cca (Jan '13) Jul 15 Kris_Hoskins 9
garbage Jul 14 me too 9

Bolivar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance