First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sliding downhill fast

Oakland, TN

#1 Oct 23, 2013
Has anyone ate there lately? Poor Lisa refuses to hire anyone who can actually cook and the front staff customer service has been going downhill gradually. Slow and lazy. Dust all over the place. The same Vols decor hasn't even been so much as rearranged in at least 2 years. It's nasty. The only thing they have improved are their napkin holders.. Seriously.??!?!! This is in no way bashing or ridiculing, but hopefully will open some peoples eyes. We need a good restaurant in Bolivar. Please do not ruin one of the few things we had decent at one time.
ChefRa

Walnut, MS

#2 Oct 23, 2013
sliding downhill fast wrote:
Has anyone ate there lately? Poor Lisa refuses to hire anyone who can actually cook and the front staff customer service has been going downhill gradually. Slow and lazy. Dust all over the place. The same Vols decor hasn't even been so much as rearranged in at least 2 years. It's nasty. The only thing they have improved are their napkin holders.. Seriously.??!?!! This is in no way bashing or ridiculing, but hopefully will open some peoples eyes. We need a good restaurant in Bolivar. Please do not ruin one of the few things we had decent at one time.
The food is overpriced and I hear you about the decor. Get over the big orange BS already. The service blows and whomever is supposed to be keeping the place clean could use lessons in how to use a mop and rag
hmmm

Toledo, OH

#3 Oct 25, 2013
This place has really gone down the last year or so. I still eat there occasionally. A good deep cleaning is needed.
sad

Medon, TN

#5 Oct 27, 2013
Food is over priced and quality is poor, seems they buy the cheap grade of food and price it at grade A quality. I'm disappointed, was once my favorite place to eat. They are not friendly at times and that's management included.
Amanda

Walnut, MS

#6 Oct 27, 2013
hmmm wrote:
This place has really gone down the last year or so. I still eat there occasionally. A good deep cleaning is needed.
the people who are supposed to be cleaning are too busy goofing off. Last thing I want is for some busboy to be macking on me while I'm trying to eat dinner with my kids. And yeah, enough with the UT decorations.
your boy

United States

#7 Nov 12, 2013
Had to quit going to this place. Prices way too high. Service way too low.
No more chances

Oakland, TN

#8 Nov 15, 2013
It has gone down hill since Johnny B sold it! I tried to give it a chance but after several times of bad food and bad service I was done. You can't even sign your credit car receipt on the countertop is so cluttered up...and at least Johnny's UT decor was classy, signed pics framed posters and autographed footballs...not dollar store frames and stuffed animals out of the claw machine!
okay

Glendora, MS

#9 Nov 18, 2013
This is a place for good food!!
uknow

Glendora, MS

#10 Nov 18, 2013
She must have made y'all mad!!!
poboy

Oakland, TN

#11 Nov 21, 2013
uknow wrote:
She must have made y'all mad!!!
The decline in customers and the feedback given here should make YOU mad.
well...

Oakland, TN

#12 Nov 25, 2013
Saturday lunch, a packed house with ONE waitress. And all the call in orders are prepared before the sit down customers. SHAME ON YOU.
well...

Oakland, TN

#13 Nov 25, 2013
Business officially lost. The country cafe in whiteville has great service and don't overcharge for B quality food.
Howdy Doody

Pollock, LA

#14 Nov 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="well..."]Busine ss officially lost. The country cafe in whiteville has great service and don't overcharge for B quality food.[/QUOTE]

and the best bbq can also be found in Whiteville at ole country café AND THE BBQ STORE.

BOTH ARE GRATE
Rick

Walnut, MS

#15 Nov 25, 2013
Their service sucks because the people working there suck. When you pay your people under the table, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. I also refuse to pay top shelf prices for below average food.
just asking

United States

#17 Nov 3, 2014
Anybody ate at joes lately & how was it
Curious

Bolivar, TN

#18 Nov 4, 2014
just asking wrote:
Anybody ate at joes lately & how was it
I did just this morning. Had great service food was delicious!!! Better cooks. Need to try it out.
K-gore

Henderson, TN

#19 May 6, 2015
Horid food that has supposedly given people food poisoning in the past. I have eaten there to prove to myself that it was as bad as everyone claimed that it was and it has earned the distinction that it now has. As far as the BBQ at the BBQ store in Whiteville, it is absolutely inedible garbage at best. That is the worst BBQ that I have ever ATTEMPTED to eat. I couldn't even stomach the french fries at that place. Joe's is actually much much better then the BBQ store and that is NOT meant as a compliment.
Customer

Versailles, IN

#20 May 7, 2015
How about telling the owner about the food? If it was that bad as you say?
Dan

Jackson, TN

#21 May 24, 2015
The owner of any restaurant shouldn't NEED to be told that the food and service is crap. My job is in manufacturing and I dont want inputs from Joe's owner on how to do my job........ I opt to not spend my money there and live my life rather then discuss french fry cooking technique's with someone that I dont know nor care to know. If they need someone telling them how to do their jobs then they need to find different employment.
curious

Jackson, TN

#22 May 24, 2015
Dan wrote:
The owner of any restaurant shouldn't NEED to be told that the food and service is crap. My job is in manufacturing and I dont want inputs from Joe's owner on how to do my job........ I opt to not spend my money there and live my life rather then discuss french fry cooking technique's with someone that I dont know nor care to know. If they need someone telling them how to do their jobs then they need to find different employment.
If you are not doing your job correctly DAN than yes you need to be told by your supervisor or foreman. So yes I do believe If you have had an issue with the food or the service you should tell the owner. He or she may not have been there at the time. I for one have never had bad service nor has the food been bad. I give it an A+.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bolivar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does anybody know bout Renee Harbin? (Sep '14) 16 hr Lown 8
Bolivar ford closing ??? Mon truth 6
who farts loudest? (Sep '12) Dec 10 Lown 6
Who else F*cking the white B*tch Crystal beside... (Oct '11) Dec 10 Sailhatan666 15
police am i ryde or dye haters (Jul '12) Dec 10 Lown 7
Stop Puppy Mills In TN. (Jun '08) Dec 9 Lown 4
justin king (Apr '13) Dec 6 Wtf 9

Bolivar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bolivar Mortgages