Police: School Worker Had Sex with Te...

Police: School Worker Had Sex with Teenage Boys

There are 28 comments on the NBC 5 Chicago story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Police: School Worker Had Sex with Teenage Boys. In it, NBC 5 Chicago reports that:

A health assistant at a southwest suburban elementary school was charged Thursday with sexual abuse after officials investigated illicit text messages she allegedly sent to teenage boys.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5 Chicago.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bustanut

Mundelein, IL

#1 Sep 12, 2008
These PUNK kids will do most anything these days to have someone fired and or sued.There has got to be something in Bollingbrooks water to cause all the problems in this town(s)Including Naperville.Maybe their being feed to much prozac.That crap will make you a little bit goofier than they already are.I wouldn't dought that MS.Obzera is a victim of some CRACKHEAD parent(s).And if so I hope she sues the S-H-I-T out of them. GOOD LUCK TO YOU, Ms.Obzera.
TOM SLICK

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 12, 2008
Damn, couldn't those boy's have done better then her. Talk about poor taste.
Doc Johnson

South Holland, IL

#3 Sep 12, 2008
Where were these women teachers and workers at when I was going to school years ago? Man I wish I was a young lad again!
Christine

United States

#4 Sep 12, 2008
I also heard that she was being totally set up by a known Crack head family!

I personally know a family who took in a teenager who needed help, both psychological and physical. The little @itch called police after the family refused to give her money. She claimed the "father" had hugged her and kissed her against her will.

That man and that family WERE DRAGGED THRU THE MUD AND LOCAL PAPERS because she lied!! Even after it was out in the open that she lied (she finally confessed), it was never the same for these people.

I am all for CATCHING AND punishing child predators!! Sometimes, we need to take a very close look at what is going on.

Personally, these boys should be prosecuted, along with their parents when they uncover the LIE!

Victims of abuse do not go around talking about it! it's a shameful time for them. They themselves do not want to admit what happened to them.

Since: Aug 08

Sugar Grove, IL

#5 Sep 12, 2008
Christine, I agree with you. Catching and punishing predators is definately high on the list of criminals we all need off the street. I am wondering how much of an investigation they did BEFORE arresting the teacher? I am willing to bet that they took these kids at their word without any kind of investigation. I am going to wait to see what a real investigation turns up. My prayers to all involved for the TRUTH to come out and TRUE JUSTICE to prevail.
GMM

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Sep 12, 2008
I'm with you "my word on this". Whenever the truth comes out - I hope justice will prevail....but still if the story is found to be a lie, the teachers' reputation is "shot to pieces"...
RW Jones

Willowbrook, IL

#7 Sep 12, 2008
Normally I'm the first to condemn these types, but this woman looks terrified. It's hardly the look of a calculating predator.
youarealoser

Coal City, IL

#8 Sep 12, 2008
That is one he-lla ugly mug shot!

Round Lake, IL

#9 Sep 12, 2008
Male teenage boys = in their sexual peek.

Females in their 40s = in their sexual peek.

No, don't get all ticked off, I'm not saying all or even many women in their 40s will "go after" boys, are preditors, this case is disturbing, just pointing something out here!

Yea, love the mug shot. She knows she's in trouble, remains to be seen just how much until this unfolds a bit more.
gosox

Naperville, IL

#10 Sep 12, 2008
Ted Bundy did not look like a serial killer either so looks can be deceiving. She probably is not your typical predator since the boys involved were most likely willing participants but that does not make it any less illegal.
youarealoser

Coal City, IL

#11 Sep 12, 2008
Very true!
Smart Samoyed wrote:
Male teenage boys = in their sexual peek.
Females in their 40s = in their sexual peek.
No, don't get all ticked off, I'm not saying all or even many women in their 40s will "go after" boys, are preditors, this case is disturbing, just pointing something out here!
Yea, love the mug shot. She knows she's in trouble, remains to be seen just how much until this unfolds a bit more.
EFG

Oak Park, IL

#12 Sep 12, 2008
Epic fail is epic.
stacy w

Eola, IL

#13 Sep 12, 2008
A school health assistant is not a nurse. Please remove that from the header. It is misleading to the reader.
Texas Longhorn

United States

#14 Sep 12, 2008
Although the Bolingbrook Police are somewhat questionable, I give them enough credit to trace these messages back to the sender. Very sad if she has young kids at home.
WoodView Mom

Glenview, IL

#15 Sep 12, 2008
My son is a student at this school and I had 4 daughters who attended this school before him. I've had many encounters with Mrs. Obzera over the years due to her affiliation with the school and my kids and I - as well as other parents I associate with - have always thought very highly of her. This seems so completely out of character for the person we know. Of course, in my circle, none of us know her "personally" but on a professional level, we'd have nothing but good things to say. If this story turns out to be somebody's idea of a joke or 'payback' or something, I really,REALLY feel for her. Her life as she knew it is now over. On the other hand, if there is any truth to it, she deserves whatever she gets.

Sugar Grove, IL

#16 Sep 12, 2008
GMM wrote:
I'm with you "my word on this". Whenever the truth comes out - I hope justice will prevail....but still if the story is found to be a lie, the teachers' reputation is "shot to pieces"...
you have a good point, she will never get her reputation back in good standing, if it turns out that she didn't do anything wrong.
bucknasty

Aurora, IL

#17 Sep 12, 2008
These mental people are giving our small town of Bolingbrook a really bad name. First Peterson and now this Oberza lady. Seriously, she does have children and our prayers are with them, but she should've thought of them before she did that. She needs to wipe that petrified look off her face and face her reprecautions.
Uh oh

Chicago, IL

#18 Sep 12, 2008
She does look scared to death. If the only evidence they have is text messages, someone could easily be setting her up. How do the police know someone didn't have access to her phone? I had a freak/stalker sending me creepy texts from a phone that wasn't hers.
former WoodView mom

Bolingbrook, IL

#21 Sep 12, 2008
I agree... I would not be so quick to judgement on this one. Our prayers are with both sides to let the truth come forward.
WoodView Mom wrote:
...I've had many encounters with Mrs. Obzera over the years due to her affiliation with the school and my kids and I - as well as other parents I associate with - have always thought very highly of her. This seems so completely out of character for the person we know. Of course, in my circle, none of us know her "personally" but on a professional level, we'd have nothing but good things to say. If this story turns out to be somebody's idea of a joke or 'payback' or something, I really,REALLY feel for her. Her life as she knew it is now over. On the other hand, if there is any truth to it, she deserves whatever she gets.
bustanut

Mundelein, IL

#22 Sep 12, 2008
bucknasty wrote:
These mental people are giving our small town of Bolingbrook a really bad name. First Peterson and now this Oberza lady. Seriously, she does have children and our prayers are with them, but she should've thought of them before she did that. She needs to wipe that petrified look off her face and face her reprecautions.
You seem to be the mental case.You don't even know what has actually happened,But yet you are making accusations of something you know nothing about.SO WHY DON"T YOU SHUT THE FK UP AND MIND YOUR OWN FKNG BUSINESS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bolingbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's all the development we were promised? 7 hr Robert 13
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 15 hr help 10,863
Lockport walmart online grocery 16 hr Robert Thomas 9
where is all the russian collusion news 16 hr Donald Trump 3
Viva la Raza putos Sun Sweaty taco luv 2
Review: Rosin Eye Care (Apr '11) Sun Jonetan Andrade 8
Route 66 Dirt Track Sun Racer 1

Bolingbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance