township and our money.
tired of it all

Bolingbrook, IL

#1 Aug 19, 2012
With all the school fees does anyone know what was spent on the "family Fun Fest"? Couldn't that money have been spent Better?
I second that

Bolingbrook, IL

#2 Aug 19, 2012
Does anyone know how are tax dollars are being spent? I see shirts , logos, boards, more marking than Nike spends. How much was spent at the July 4th on footballs alone. Who is responsible for all this wasteful spending?
For sure

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Aug 19, 2012
It seems to me that the Township is trying to take over the village! Even the village made budget cuts . Why then is the Township spending even more money on frivolous events.
My two cents

Bolingbrook, IL

#4 Aug 19, 2012
You would think that with them hosting jobs fairs and telling us that 100's show up I don't see how a Family Fun Fest helps my family. I would like to see the money better spent.
MT Pockets

Bolingbrook, IL

#5 Aug 19, 2012
I wouldn't say they are taking over the village, Mr. Claar would never let that happen. But do you think soneone is getting too big for his britched?
I second that

Bolingbrook, IL

#6 Aug 19, 2012
How about all the money spent on a professional float at the parade. Does anyone really know what their fun budget is? It would seem to me has to be very high.
For sure

Bolingbrook, IL

#7 Aug 19, 2012
Sorry to disagree with you MT but by the looks of things I would have to say YES.
tired of it all

Bolingbrook, IL

#8 Aug 19, 2012
What job fairs. Were they advertised at all? I would have gone! I know they spend all this money on "US" but it is hard to find out about things without knowing someone at the township!
Wants to know

Bolingbrook, IL

#9 Aug 19, 2012
Is there a place we can go to see what there yearly budget is for all these things? I do see newsletters all over town. Can't this info be put on a website. I know I can go the village website and find out what is going on. How much are these costing to put all over town.
For sure

Bolingbrook, IL

#10 Aug 19, 2012
Big government on the taxpayers dollars! How many people have been hired in the last 7 years alone. Most companies are laying off or downsizing. Due to budget cuts at my company we all had to take on more work just to keep our jobs . Which means employee's should become even more efficent. In tough times you should be able to do more with less.
Down on my luck

Bolingbrook, IL

#11 Aug 19, 2012
Don't ask the Township they will never give you a straight answer.I will say the spending is out of control . Does anyone else agree? After all the Supervisor approvals all spending doesn't he. Oh wait it's his ego or name on everything.
tired of it all

Bolingbrook, IL

#12 Aug 19, 2012
And he is the most unfriendly Politician I have met in this town. Shouldn't someone who is elected at least be friendly in public?
For sure

Bolingbrook, IL

#13 Aug 19, 2012
Only at election time when he needs your vote. Then everything else is a broken promise. I heard he never keeps his word.
Happy Resident

Romeoville, IL

#14 Aug 19, 2012
I for one, and it sounds as if I am alone, am very happy with the Township services! I am a township resident, a Senior, and I think Bill Mayer is a wonderful man! He treats us with utmost respect and does his best to accomodate our requests. He is quick to respond to our needs, always friendly,and is generally a pleasure to be around.
The few dollars that get spent on township taxes are WELL WORTH what they give back! The staff is definitely one-of-a-kind, and I personally commend them for all their dedication!

I LOVE DUPAGE TOWNSHIP!
tired of it all

Bolingbrook, IL

#15 Aug 20, 2012
The township does take care of our seniors! but that doesn't "okay" all the wasteful spending. I think the point was supposes to be about the all that is spent on footballs and public events and they isn't really where it would be the most helpful to the community.
tired of it all

Bolingbrook, IL

#16 Aug 20, 2012
I think the point was supposes to be about the all that is spent on footballs and public events and that isn't really where it would be the most helpful to the community.
Patrick Henry

Romeoville, IL

#17 Aug 21, 2012
The township government is a taxing body that has outlived it's original purpose. The Village and County governments have actually taken over much of the responsibilities that the township government was originally designed to perform. They still work downstate where large unincorporated areas still exist, but here other than the Senior center programs and a few other outreach programs the perform no discernible role or deliver any real services to vast majority of residents they are taxing. The township government should be dissolved and the tax savings should go back into the pockets of the hardworking taxpayers instead of wasting it on promotional items to promote themselves.
For sure

Bolingbrook, IL

#18 Aug 21, 2012
Thank you Patrick - Well said!
Overtaxed

Bolingbrook, IL

#19 Aug 21, 2012
While I can agree that some of the services that the township provides are well received by the selective groups that receive these services. The question is are the services worth the over $3,000,000.00 that we all are paying, I for one believe that the services they provide could be done for a lot less then what we are paying them. I know of a lot of people that could use that money (myself included) that could use that money to keep a roof over their heads, food on the table and save for the future; rather than give it to a bloated government to waste on frivolous
Items that only promote themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bolingbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Council stung by its boner 3 hr Jethro 5
Puppy mill dogs being sold on the side of the r... (Mar '10) 4 hr Skybunny 112
Pagoda house closing 13 hr Yeah whatever 27
Poll How Crooked Is Bolingbrook Mayor Roger Claar? (May '08) Wed Aunt Mary 185
fairmont school board's failing leadership (May '16) Wed Little reggie 123
Naperville the Capitol of Liquor Tue Go Cubs 10
Review: M C Property Management (Aug '08) Tue BMM 37

Bolingbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance