First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yernogood

Tallahassee, FL

#21 Jul 16, 2010
F-NJ wrote:
<quoted text> So true. I read and hear so much its hard to get fact from fiction. I hope to get back down next month. In Dec DQ is closed down so my wife and I can both go down and start to look over model homes. I don't think we can build for another 5 years because my youngest daughter is only 11, so we woulden't be able to spend the winter there yet. Thats a good thing so we have a lot of time to look for a good builder. The next thing I need to do is to put in a Sea Wall. When I went down to look for a lot I wanted to find 3 things. QUIET, water front, and nice homes around. When I saw this lot in the North it had many things going for it. QUIET, water front, and it had that nature preserve on the cornor, a 10 min walk to a beach on the other side of the preserve, and the lot was 160 by 125. I saw it and I just knew this was the one. We plan on a small house so we will have space between us and the neighbors if anyone else ever builds there. I cant wait to get back down there in Aug. I want to hit that Brick house Pizza place again. LOL
Oh yea? What do you want to hit it with?
Good sized "oversized lot" Plenty of play room there.
BTZ5150

Holland, MI

#22 Jul 16, 2010
Glad to see there are so many opinions, most of them pretty positive about Cape Coral. I will be coming down again before I would buy anything for sure, I'm just very surprised, even shocked at how low the prices are for what look like decent homes, at least in pictures. Being somewhat experienced in life, it just made me think that something must be wrong somewhere, there must be some catch! Even the prices of places that have canal frontage with access to the Gulf amaze me, up here in the Milwaukee area, anything with lake frontage, even a lot with a "tear down" junky house starts at half a million.(and our boating season lasts about 4 months!)

I'll have to find time to get down there and really explore these areas. The several times I have been to SW Florida, I have spent more time in Naples, where I have friends who are in a pretty fancy area, most of Naples is probably out of my price range, at least for now. Ft. Myers has some very nice parts, but also some pretty sketchy looking parts, too. That's why I was wondering about Cape Coral, I haven't spent much time there, but the prices just seem too good to be true!
Looks better on the net

Cape Coral, FL

#23 Jul 16, 2010
Don't buy in the N.E. Cape zone if you are white and the least bit racist. It's 85% Hispanic and Black in that area. The newer houses are already starting to look run down and a lot of houses are empty from foreclosures. They make it look nice on real estate sites but it isn't. If you can afford it, move to the S.W. zone or the Yacht Club area.
Good Luck.
Looks better on the net

Cape Coral, FL

#24 Jul 16, 2010
Wanted to add:
Many of the houses that were foreclosed on in the N.E. zone are being used to house victims of the Haiti earthquake and used as HUD homes for section 8 housing. They are being occupied by the inner-city ghetto type. Yes it's the "bad" section of Cape Coral.
yernogood

Tallahassee, FL

#25 Jul 16, 2010
Iím not sure where this person in posts #23 and 24 got their information or getís their information but the information they posted here is utter nonsense. There isnít a single true fact in any of what they have written.
yernogood

Tallahassee, FL

#26 Jul 16, 2010
BTZ5150 wrote:
Glad to see there are so many opinions, most of them pretty positive about Cape Coral. I will be coming down again before I would buy anything for sure, I'm just very surprised, even shocked at how low the prices are for what look like decent homes, at least in pictures. Being somewhat experienced in life, it just made me think that something must be wrong somewhere, there must be some catch! Even the prices of places that have canal frontage with access to the Gulf amaze me, up here in the Milwaukee area, anything with lake frontage, even a lot with a "tear down" junky house starts at half a million.(and our boating season lasts about 4 months!)
I'll have to find time to get down there and really explore these areas. The several times I have been to SW Florida, I have spent more time in Naples, where I have friends who are in a pretty fancy area, most of Naples is probably out of my price range, at least for now. Ft. Myers has some very nice parts, but also some pretty sketchy looking parts, too. That's why I was wondering about Cape Coral, I haven't spent much time there, but the prices just seem too good to be true!
Itís very true homes are cheap here but you really need to be careful when looking at homes. Remember realtors are vultures and right now in CC they are especially predatory. I do a lot of work with banks asset management companies and realtors. None of which are very professional at the moment. There are many homes here that were built with less than desirable materials and you need to know what youíre looking for. The vast majority of realtors and asset companies have no idea what to look for when inspecting these homes. Be very cautious there are many swindler companies working here right now. When you get a referral from a realtor donít use it, in many cases it will be a family member they have opened and operate a side business with. Most of these ďprofessionalsĒ are merely landscape outfits or other people that lost their jobs and now doing business in the ďconsultingĒ and repair industry. In a word, they donít know shit. Realtors help realtors and the great buys go to one anotherís investors first. They all have them and they give them first dibs. So when you find that dream home and youíre thinking of bidding on it..Good luck, unless you have cash money. Cash is king. Once again donít bother listening to posters about the SW section, these are the people that no less about what their talking about than you know from a realtor.com website. Realtor .com is Bullshit..Mainly you need to know how to read what that particular description says. Most people donít.
yernogood

Tallahassee, FL

#27 Jul 16, 2010
I'd love to mention particular companies, realtors and agents by name, but my attorney's told me not to.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#28 Jul 18, 2010
yernogood wrote:
<quoted text>And there you have it. Thanks for proving my point doll.
lmao
Crystal

Cape Coral, FL

#29 Feb 2, 2011
Hi, I have been reading your posts and some on other forus about the cape, I have rented a vacation home on the 15th st, roght off delp prado, 3345. Is this a pretty safe area? and about the home purchases, do you recommend a realtor or a inspector?

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#30 Feb 2, 2011
Crystal wrote:
Hi, I have been reading your posts and some on other forus about the cape, I have rented a vacation home on the 15th st, roght off delp prado, 3345. Is this a pretty safe area? and about the home purchases, do you recommend a realtor or a inspector?
In that area not knowing what quad youíre in I can only assume which one you are in based on the address info..Please donít post the exact address..I get it!
There are only a few areas of Cape that arenít very desirable but the area you are talking about is older, well established and close to everything. Pretty tucked back so no real easy exit or escape for the would be POS. As far as home purchase goes, you obviously need a realtor and you should have a home inspection done so you know exactly what youíre getting into. I also recommend hiring a real estate attorney to look over your docs. The 300.00 bucks youíll ever spend.
Crystal

Cape Coral, FL

#31 Feb 2, 2011
thank you

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#32 Feb 2, 2011
anytime
moonwater

Lehigh Acres, FL

#33 Oct 6, 2012
If you are moving from a big city, or the Midwest, east coast...do not expect anything to be similar. If you have small children to highschoolers...I would wait to move unless you are already in a bad situation/ school where you are now. It is total culture shock here! I am from the suburbs of Chicago and only want to get my family out of here!
While I do not feel unsafe in my home or walking around, NO ONE feels safe letting their kids play outside in the front of homes or walking a short block to a bus stop! Elementary schools are probably fine and perhaps middle (although very behind Eastern or Midwest)FORGET high school. I know families who moved her not knowing much with high school kids, and literally moved right back after less than 3 months! There are gangs in the schools and just overall, very low-class feeling of people. Not everyone, as we have gotton to know some great people here..but overall...yes! Do your homework. Knock on doors of the neighbors near where you are thinking of moving..check them out and ask their opinions too. Go into a local bar and have a look..think about it..would you want your son or daughter in here in years to come? For me and many others the answer is a big NO!

Cape Coral, FL

#34 Feb 11, 2013
Don't move here. Yes it's pretty and the homes are also nice and cheap but there is absolutely nothing to do here. It is the most boring place on earth. There is absolutely nothing to do here with kids( teenagers specifically). If you live in NJ now you will be shocked at the price of food here . You don't have much of a choice as to where to buy groceries as Publix has the monopoly on supermarkets. You will miss your ShopRite intensely . The weather is great but that gets old really fast. The summer is very hot and it rains Alot so the summer sucks. No one comes out of their house so you won't really get to know your neighbors other than to say hello or goodbye. The schools are "choice" schools where you pick where you want to go so it is hard for your children to make any friends in their "Neighborhood". Also if you do go to a school that is close to your home they will have to walk to school. That's okay as they do it in Nj too. But... There are no sidewalks which is not safe and ridiculous that it is allowed. I would sue big time if anything ever happened to my children walking to school in the street. I drive mine everyday because the way the bus schedules run they could be on the bus for up to an hour and a half after school lets out or have to be at the bus that long before school starts. I do live here so these are some of the things I've learned. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone even my worst enemy. I came here with a positive attitude but that did not last long. Please reconsider and stay where you Are.
tony56

United States

#35 Feb 20, 2013
Make sure they have replaced the drywall incase of chinese drywall or meth lab activity
Mel

Fort Myers, FL

#36 Aug 19, 2013
I would not go to Cape Coral unless you like being crewed over by the politics.

“Cook County Mail Authority”

Since: May 13

Chicago, IL

#37 Aug 19, 2013
DON'T DO IT!!!

SW Florida is contaminated with Autism! Practically all of the nightclubs, about three quarters of the restaurants, the museums, the beaches, and even their mall, are all contaminated with Autism, by a brainless POS with Autism who somehow keeps escaping our quarantine. We are hearing reports of many people catching his Autism by going there, and then spreading it around.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#39 Aug 22, 2013

Keep in mind the inequality factors that Florida promotes.
Are you curious as to how much the Price For Inequality has cost you in just the recent years. Find your category and figure it out. Enjoy your slide to Ö. Heh, heh Iíll leave that to your imaginations.
Inequality for the median and the impoverished has risen to favor the 1% with 40% gains in income. For the middle and below minus 6.1%.
Our median household income rose to $52,100 from its previous trough of $50,700 in 2011, remaining $2,400 lower with a 4.4% rate of inflation decline from its 2009 levels. Add the 1.8% Decline during the Great Recession and we get $3,400 below its December 2007 levels. Thatís when the economic slump for the median and below began for them.
Largest decline went to the African American and Southerners who did not attend college.
Lower the income level the faster the rate of decline in earnings to Purchase Power as a percentage of real growth of the nations income. Gordon W. Green Jr. and John F. Coder of the Sentier Research that researches household income data stated and I quote; ďGroups with low incomes tended to have steeper declines in income,Ē The preview of the official Census Bureau income statistics will be available in September of 2013. Sentierís computations was based on the current population survey of 50,000 homes. Both of these sources have supported the conclusion of an increasing of inequality of economic dispersal. Going back years in its role of increasing inequality to favor the 1%.
President Obama at Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois recognizes the problem of the increasing inequality within our nation. Stating ďEven though our businesses are creating new jobs and have broken record profits, nearly all the income gains of the past 10 years have continued to flow to the top 1 percent. The average C.E.O. has gotten a raise of nearly 40 percent since 2009. The average American earns less than he or she did in 1999.Ē
Recent graduates with associates or bachelors degrees were no protected from the on slaught of the ever increasing inequality in lost income earnings purchasing powers.
Homes with a High School education experienced a 9.3% decline with $39,300 earnings. Associate graduate homes lost 8.6% to $56,400 and the Bachelor degree homes lost 6.5% to $84,700.
People under the age of 25 fell 9.6% to income earnings to $31,300
Those 25 to 34 lost 4.5%.
Those 35 to 44 lost 5.7%
Those 45 to 54 lost 2.5%
Those 55 to 64 lost 7%
Southern States showed largest declines. Losing 6.2% for earnings to $47,900.
Western States lost 5.2% for earnings to $56,400
Northeast States lost 3.9% for earnings to $56,800.
By adding, the declined lost of earnings to purchase power, to the 1% gains of{40%} and you can estimate how much inequality your particular sector experienced, for just this one last Great Recession. Final tally of the increase to inequality will not be available until at least 2020.
Republicans have mathematically exposed themselves for over 80 years to be responsible for increasing inequality through various austerity polices that they support.
STD free

United States

#40 Aug 22, 2013
Cook Cty Mail Authority wrote:
DON'T DO IT!!!

SW Florida is contaminated with Autism! Practically all of the nightclubs, about three quarters of the restaurants, the museums, the beaches, and even their mall, are all contaminated with Autism, by a brainless POS with Autism who somehow keeps escaping our quarantine. We are hearing reports of many people catching his Autism by going there, and then spreading it around.
Sorry Beavis and Butthead Autism is not contagious!!!! Why don't you rent a tow truck to move your 500lb body to your computer and google autism. I forgot your computer is 1980s Apple computer.
FAGALA

South Bound Brook, NJ

#43 Mar 8, 2014
Sorry Beavis and Butthead Autism is not contagious!!!! Why don't you rent a tow truck to move your 500lb body to your computer and google autism. I forgot your computer is 1980s Apple computer.

I do believe that was sarcasm :)

Your best bet is to spend a little more than minorities can afford
This will hopefully guarantee a safe neighborhood.
although you may be more susceptible to carjackings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bokeelia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 48 min VET 2,146
Review: Tan Lines Studio 5 hr Mike 2
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 8 hr Liberal forever 2,989
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Sep 29 Liberal forever 2,526
Park Harrasement Sep 28 Kate 2
Review: Acid Stain Flooring & Designer Concrete Sep 26 Peter Simmons 1
Arrests made in Charlotte County homicide inves... Sep 24 5050xxx 1
Bokeelia Dating
Find my Match

Bokeelia Jobs

Bokeelia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bokeelia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bokeelia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]