Woman killed by ray that jumped into ...

Woman killed by ray that jumped into boat in Keys

There are 20 comments on the www.news-press.com story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Woman killed by ray that jumped into boat in Keys . In it, www.news-press.com reports that:

News media are reporting a woman in the Florida Keys was struck and killed today by a spotted eagle ray that jumped into her boat off Marathon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news-press.com.

Sapulpa girl

United States

#1 Mar 20, 2008
iam so sorry , my prayers go out to the family and loved ones,No one knows really what to say at a time like this it is so so sad , I dont know what you all are going through but i know it hard but god will help you through iti know he helped me my son was in jail for 13 days and the cops beat him so bad he lost both his legs and left hip, He was in the hospital for 3 months on life subsport ,God is still helping me live life seeing him in a wheel chair like he is, but my heart goes out to all the family and love ones, you are in my prayers,
storm

Sarasota, FL

#3 Mar 20, 2008
i am down here in florida on the other side of the state and i am also from michigan,.. to be honest no one ever thinks about this kind of thing ever happening to them or another family member. but you know as long as i have ben down here,. it seems weird cause people not from here all they think of is having a good time and enjoying the beaches and other activities,.. but if you ask anyone actually from here if they ever go into the water down here they will tell you no. they have all been taught to stay out of the water and to use the public pools or one of their own. i wondered why until i got hit with a jellyfish the 3rd year i was here and realized that it didn't matter where i was or what i was doing that this is a diffrent part of the country that i knew nothing about! if you come hear please be very careful about what you do and where,..it was all over the news today on our local radio stations and what nots. the fact that she wasn't a native didnt surprise anyone,.. and neither did the fact that this kind of very unfortunate thing could have happened,.. these waters are very much unknown and also unpredictable even to the advid fish and game wardens and fishermen. please becareful,...my heart and prayers are with this family,.. from florida we are very sorry this happened to you and your family.

“I wanna be free...”

Since: Mar 08

Happyville

#5 Mar 21, 2008
Last year there was a string of fish deaths that would occur in rivers where stergen, or some type of fish, would jump out of the water and kill people while they were on their boats or jet skis, who knows why that stuff happens...very odd.
new age

Bridgeport, CT

#6 Mar 21, 2008
Sapulpa girl wrote:
iam so sorry , my prayers go out to the family and loved ones,No one knows really what to say at a time like this it is so so sad , I dont know what you all are going through but i know it hard but god will help you through iti know he helped me my son was in jail for 13 days and the cops beat him so bad he lost both his legs and left hip, He was in the hospital for 3 months on life subsport ,God is still helping me live life seeing him in a wheel chair like he is, but my heart goes out to all the family and love ones, you are in my prayers,
THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU
Silver Dollar

Seattle, WA

#7 Mar 21, 2008
"When Animals Strike Back"
I feel sorry for this woman because it could happen to any one of us when we are on the water. Every time we wade into the water at the beach we could be eaten alive.

“Support Our Troops!”

Since: Oct 07

Marysville, CA

#8 Mar 21, 2008
When it's your time to go, there is no where to hide!

Since: Oct 07

San Jose, CA

#9 Mar 21, 2008
I have seen these animals underwater, so graceful and peaceful. It seems it couldn't be anything but a freak accident. Very sad.
General Nemo

Seattle, WA

#10 Mar 21, 2008
If these fish want war, lets give them a war they won't soon forget.

It is time to send in the military to take on these salty [email protected] and show them who's boss!

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#11 Mar 21, 2008
Are sting rays sharks or fish, or are fish sharks. Or are sharks a breed of fish? Can you live in the water and not be a fish?
Kevin

Mosherville, MI

#12 Mar 21, 2008
This is obviously a marketing ploy by the boat manufacturers. The boat manufacturers are now saying that the Sting-Rays are in cahoots with the terrorists! When you stop buying boats, the Sting-Rays (and the terrorists) have won!

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#13 Mar 21, 2008
I think the devil or demons can posses animals, and make them do all sorts of odd things, like jump out of boats and kill people.
Austin Troopers

Seattle, WA

#14 Mar 21, 2008
cute guys wrote:
Are sting rays sharks or fish, or are fish sharks. Or are sharks a breed of fish? Can you live in the water and not be a fish?
Dolphins live in the water but they aren't fish. they are more like dogs than fish.

Turtles live in the water but aren't fish, they belong to the turtle family.

Whales are also more like cows than they are fish.

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#15 Mar 21, 2008
Austin Troopers wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolphins live in the water but they aren't fish. they are more like dogs than fish.
Turtles live in the water but aren't fish, they belong to the turtle family.
Whales are also more like cows than they are fish.
Oh ye, says who? lol
By the way, I sort of miss Seattle.
How's fishermans warf these days?
Sapulpa girl

Stroud, OK

#16 Mar 22, 2008
new age wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU
I dont mean for it to make it look that way at all ,Iam truely sad for the family and love ones ,It is so sad my prayers are with you all.so sorry

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#17 Mar 22, 2008
Sapulpa girl wrote:
Hi, you did nothing wrong, don't apologize, your a kind hearted person, and life is about everyone, you, me and them.
None of us are so far removed from each other that we can't relate to each others pain.
Your a strong, kind hearted soul, the fact that you can still be so kind and nice after what you and your son went through is awsome.
Sapulpa girl

United States

#18 Mar 23, 2008
cute guys wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, you did nothing wrong, don't apologize, your a kind hearted person, and life is about everyone, you, me and them.
None of us are so far removed from each other that we can't relate to each others pain.
Your a strong, kind hearted soul, the fact that you can still be so kind and nice after what you and your son went through is awsome.
Thank you so much for that I felt so bad after I read what that other person wrote , I really do feel for the family,friends and love one of the woman who I know gonna be missed so much, But you are a kind person to let me know its ok for me to say we all can get through heart acke thank you so much for making me feel better hope you had a happy easter , THanks alot

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#19 Mar 23, 2008
Sapulpa girl wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you so much for that I felt so bad after I read what that other person wrote , I really do feel for the family,friends and love one of the woman who I know gonna be missed so much, But you are a kind person to let me know its ok for me to say we all can get through heart acke thank you so much for making me feel better hope you had a happy easter , THanks alot
Any time sweety, any time. You take care and be safe.
Grovin Grandma

Cape Coral, FL

#20 Mar 25, 2008
new age wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU
Through pain she was expressing empathy"And Encouragement" !

You simply are an immature aggressive person.
Grovin Grandma

Cape Coral, FL

#21 Mar 25, 2008
Sapulpa girl wrote:
Dont pay any attention to the negative comment that was made....Some people are ignorant!!!
Sapulpa girl

Stroud, OK

#22 Mar 25, 2008
Grovin Grandma wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont pay any attention to the negative comment that was made....Some people are ignorant!!!
Thank you so much:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bokeelia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cape Coral City Council May 28 William 3
News Tropical Update: Watching cluster of storms nea... May 24 Kristy 1
News Engagement: Jessica Carstensen, Brandon Stafford May 24 Kristy 1
News Arrest made in murder of soon-to-be father in s... May 17 Wonder why 1
Where is Caroline from Fucillo Kia (Jul '13) May 10 Dave 35
Cape Coral Rap / Hip-Hop Artists (Dec '11) May 9 capecoralrealestate 15
News Cape Coral police cleared in arrest (Mar '10) May 9 capecoralrealestate 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bokeelia Mortgages