Accident closes Sunrise Highway in Bo...

Accident closes Sunrise Highway in Bohemia

There are 190 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 28, 2007, titled Accident closes Sunrise Highway in Bohemia. In it, Newsday reports that:

Eastbound Sunrise Highway is shut down near the Lakeland Avenue exit in Bohemia because of an accident, Suffolk County Police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

ketchup

Suffern, NY

#178 Mar 29, 2007
John Holmes wrote:
<quoted text>
What?? I'm dead? Of AIDS???
Dammit, why don't you people tell me these things sooner!
Damn, that sucks. To find that out here of all places. You poor poor man. My condolences to your family once you tell them too.
Tom

Bronx, NY

#179 Mar 29, 2007
Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
If Sean Bell was a drug dealer why was he free to enjoy his batchelor party ?
Huh? No I can hear the Twilight Zone music. You make zero sense.
Tom

Bronx, NY

#180 Mar 29, 2007
Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
Incompetent Keystone Kops who murdered an unarmed innocent man whose only crime was having too much to drink at his batchelor party the night before he was to be married.
First off the savage who was driving was DWI. What was he doing driving and trying to kill a cop with his car while striking him? Bell and his croonies also ALL have multiple arrest records being arrested not only for DRUGS be WEAPONS POSSESSION. All still being under 25. These animals were not exactly GQ citizen.
Matt M

Moodus, CT

#181 Mar 29, 2007
That was my best friend who was in the gold Nissan. Its easy for you to be so nonchalant about speed enforcement. If you really care, you would actually get out of your mothers basement and get active in the community, this is a comment to you, readers who can be so emotionally unconnected with the general public. Its easy to say "put up more speed traps" but people will still speed. Suck it up and if you actually care get active.
Thomas

Patchogue, NY

#182 Mar 30, 2007
It's funny that most people here ASSuME that this is the fault of the Hummer driver with no knowledge of the circumstances. Long Island is full of liberal tree hugging environazi's.
Jerry Bransford

Tualatin, OR

#184 Mar 30, 2007
That's great!!!
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#185 Mar 30, 2007
Thomas wrote:
It's funny that most people here ASSuME that this is the fault of the Hummer driver with no knowledge of the circumstances. Long Island is full of liberal tree hugging environazi's.
Not Me ! I'm looking forward to the New Tropical climate coming to Long Island. Anybody wanna buy a used snow blower ? Oh, and they blame the Hummer driver 'cause at 3 bucks a gallon everybody just assumes he must be an idiot to own one of those guzzlers, and idiot drivers cause accidents. Simple logic.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#186 Mar 30, 2007
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
First off the savage who was driving was DWI. What was he doing driving and trying to kill a cop with his car while striking him? Bell and his croonies also ALL have multiple arrest records being arrested not only for DRUGS be WEAPONS POSSESSION. All still being under 25. These animals were not exactly GQ citizen.
Sorry, I didn't realize it was 'Open Season' on anybody with a criminal arrest record. Now I understand why they gunned him down. So why are these Cops saying things like, "Gee, We THOUGHT he had a gun !" They should just say why they really did it,'He Just Needed Killing'! Silly me thinking a cop had to actually be in danger before gunning someone down. And we now execute all DWI's at roadside Too ? Talk about cracking down on drunk drivers, so glad you explained it all so well.
Tom

Bronx, NY

#187 Mar 30, 2007
Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I didn't realize it was 'Open Season' on anybody with a criminal arrest record. Now I understand why they gunned him down..
Its open season on anyone who tries to kill a cop with a motor vehicle. Using a motor vehicle as a weapon is grounds to use Deadly Physical Force by a police officer.
Tom

Bronx, NY

#188 Mar 30, 2007
Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
And we now execute all DWI's at roadside Too ?.
Sure...when they use the car as a weapon. Read the Penal Law....can you read?
Stupid Drivers

Jamaica, NY

#189 Mar 30, 2007
You people are out of your mind.. you sit there and put the blame on SUV's do you people not realize that it's not the car, Truck, SUV, Box truck or whatever it's the Senseless A**- Holes who are driving them...

you all sound pretty stupid coming in here and ranting and raving about SUV.... go after the drivers.. SUV's are very safe IF (big if) they are driven correctly ...

ANY vehicle on the road can be a hazard and can be safe or unsafe wether it be a car, truck, suv, etc. it all depends on the people driving them
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#190 Mar 30, 2007
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Its open season on anyone who tries to kill a cop with a motor vehicle. Using a motor vehicle as a weapon is grounds to use Deadly Physical Force by a police officer.
Thanks for the Clarification of Official Policy. So then anyone having an accident with a cop car is actually guilty of attempted murder and is to be executed on sight. Being drunk is no excuse, so we shoot drunks and retards that have car accidents too. Cops sure have a charmed life;No one gets shot on sight for crashing into the rest of us. So glad you cleared that up. These new non-rules of engagement for cops sure befuddle me. I just figgured they were a buncha trigger happy yahoos impressed with their own importance. This is all official police policy , whoodafiggured ? Guess i'll havta get a bullet proof vest and automatic weapon for the car, just in case I have an accident with a cop car. no sense being a sitting duck, I'll make it challenging, It'll be just like the OK Corral !
Walter Chrysler

United States

#191 Mar 30, 2007
Stupid Drivers wrote:
You people are out of your mind.. you sit there and put the blame on SUV's do you people not realize that it's not the car, Truck, SUV, Box truck or whatever it's the Senseless A**- Holes who are driving them...
you all sound pretty stupid coming in here and ranting and raving about SUV.... go after the drivers.. SUV's are very safe IF (big if) they are driven correctly ...
ANY vehicle on the road can be a hazard and can be safe or unsafe wether it be a car, truck, suv, etc. it all depends on the people driving them
Unfortunately the facts say you are mistaken. Please read the road fatality & injury data NHTSA report linked earlier in this thread and then re-consider your view.

The data clearly show SUVs/light trucks are killers on our roads. Certainly they have their proper place. But not as purely passenger vehicles for the egocentric - in this application (which unfortunately seems to predominate) they are detestable.
Chuck

Fair Lawn, NJ

#192 Mar 30, 2007
I went to the hospital today to visit the young man who was the driver in the Nissan. I couldn't believe the pictures of his car and how "lucky" he is to be alive. As for "minor injuries," I'm not so sure about that. Because of HIPPA, I leave that to his family and the authorities to reveal. But it really surprises me that an accident of this severity and disruption to the morning rush hour got no print coverage on Thursday or even from News12. Who's the connected one?
Tom

Bronx, NY

#193 Mar 30, 2007
Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the Clarification of Official Policy. So then anyone having an accident with a cop car is actually guilty of attempted murder and is to be executed on sight. like the OK Corral !
You have no clue what went on. The Savage got in the car and attempted to strike the officer with the vehicle...then he backed up and did it again before they began shooting. Thats Agg. Assault with a Motor Vehicle not an accident and gives the police reason to shoot to protect their lives.
Tom

Bronx, NY

#194 Mar 30, 2007
Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess i'll havta get a bullet proof vest and automatic weapon for the car, just in case I have an accident with a cop car. no sense being a sitting duck, I'll make it challenging, It'll be just like the OK Corral !
Don't worry I'm sure its just a matter of time before you are arrested again.
Barbara

AOL

#195 Mar 30, 2007
Chuck wrote:
I went to the hospital today to visit the young man who was the driver in the Nissan. I couldn't believe the pictures of his car and how "lucky" he is to be alive. As for "minor injuries," I'm not so sure about that. Because of HIPPA, I leave that to his family and the authorities to reveal. But it really surprises me that an accident of this severity and disruption to the morning rush hour got no print coverage on Thursday or even from News12. Who's the connected one?
I have to say I KNOW the injuries weren't minor - I was there and trying to talk to the young man in the Nissan till the emergency personnel arrived and he was unable to respond to me the entire time. Minor injuries my butt.
NY State of Mindlessness

Trumbull, CT

#196 Mar 31, 2007
The cars on the road you really have to watch out for are the ones being driven by boneheads like Burke and hybrids. Especially the hybrids in the HOV lanes with a single driver traving at only 55 MPH.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#197 Mar 31, 2007
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry I'm sure its just a matter of time before you are arrested again.
Not only have I never been accused of a crime or arrested, I'm a white middle class and decorated combat veteran of Vietnam. See, I know BS when I hear it, and a bunch of drunk blacks ramming a cop car at 4 AM that was shooting at them is only evidence of an intoxicaed escape attempt, escape from death that is, certainly not from officers sworn to protect the innocent. I hope the trigger happy incompetents spend a long time behind bars, I only wish those who are their superiors and failed to properly hire and instruct our cops could go along for the same ride. Too many SWAT team wannabees, too many cops who believe the TV image of being a cop. Time to pay the piper.
Tom

Bronx, NY

#198 Mar 31, 2007
Yea ok we believe you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bohemia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New $64M project to start in Sayville 2 hr Who Will Pay The ... 5
News Well testing ordered in Islip after contaminant... 3 hr Perform Magic 1
News Mary Kate Mullen found qualified to run for judge 3 hr Soiled Panties Fo... 1
all drownings (Jun '07) 3 hr Joe Slonski 92
News No date set for reopening of pool at Brentwood ... 3 hr Keep The Children... 1
Update: Heartland has passed, construction to b... 7 hr The Wolkoff Touch 52
Les Jardins, Coram NY (Feb '10) May 18 anonymous 17

Bohemia Jobs

Personal Finance

Bohemia Mortgages