Since: Jun 09

Bogata, TX

#1 Jun 6, 2009
This probably wont get answered quick enough, but here it is....
I have city sewage running out into my back yard. This has happened at least once every year since I have lived here. I was told when I bought the house that I live at the lowest point in S. Bogata and when there is a back-up in the system, it comes out here. I have complained everytime it has happened, but they keep telling me it is MY lines. No way, it totally floods my back yard and now I have a garden that is is gonna hit. Can anyone help me with this??? Please???
Another Bogata person

Clarksville, TX

#2 Jun 7, 2009
Well this won't help you any but just to let you know you are not alone I also have to call the city out about two to three times a year because of sewer back ups. It is disgusting backing up in the house and you know it's not all your sewer it's the neighbors too!
Lady Rebel

Dallas, TX

#3 Jun 8, 2009
I would go to the city council meeting Monday, and talk to the Mayor. Maybe if you went together someone might help you. Talk with Dan Eudy he is one of the newest members, and always eager to help. Even though he is new? He was on the city council back in the 70's. If anyone would be willing to get you some help? Dan would. I know they tried that on my Son when he lived in a little house there of S. Bryson. It turned out to be the City's lines. It sure couldn't hurt to air your grievences with this problem. You may have a better bunch since they are newly elected, and you might get a little more help from them than you did from the last council members. I would just keep fighting them, and remember what my Mother use to say. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". Just keep insisting it's not your lines if that's so. The City should take care of this.

That's just not right, nor is it safe. Raw sewage can sure be a health issue if not repaired. Good luck. I sure hope you can get this fixed soon.

Since: Jun 09

Bogata, TX

#4 Jun 8, 2009
Lady Rebel wrote:
I would go to the city council meeting Monday, and talk to the Mayor. Maybe if you went together someone might help you. Talk with Dan Eudy he is one of the newest members, and always eager to help. Even though he is new? He was on the city council back in the 70's. If anyone would be willing to get you some help? Dan would. I know they tried that on my Son when he lived in a little house there of S. Bryson. It turned out to be the City's lines. It sure couldn't hurt to air your grievences with this problem. You may have a better bunch since they are newly elected, and you might get a little more help from them than you did from the last council members. I would just keep fighting them, and remember what my Mother use to say. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". Just keep insisting it's not your lines if that's so. The City should take care of this.
That's just not right, nor is it safe. Raw sewage can sure be a health issue if not repaired. Good luck. I sure hope you can get this fixed soon.
Thank you Lady Rebel. That may be the only solution. As I said, this happens ATLEAST once a year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bogata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr Observer 1,045
tony mullens (Jan '12) Jan 13 True 23
What's up with James thomas (Jun '16) Jan 12 Class of 1990 4
penny hobbs Jan 9 Clarksville TX 18
Hospital biggest rip-off? (Sep '15) Jan 4 BrghGrl 17
clarksville times (Aug '10) Jan 3 Never Again 10
Family Dollar (Feb '16) Dec 29 Bagwell Resident 9

Bogata Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bogata Mortgages