Chemical claimants searching for answers

Chemical claimants searching for answers

There are 5 comments on the Bogalusa Daily News story from Jan 21, 2008, titled Chemical claimants searching for answers. In it, Bogalusa Daily News reports that:

“I don't think they mishandled it. They did mishandle it”

The Daily News Pine man says lawyers mishandled case PINE - In the days following the October 1995 Bogalusa chemical spill, Preston Alsobrooks said he suffered from fever, burning skin and sinus problems. via Bogalusa Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bogalusa Daily News.

Carlos Agudello

Duluth, GA

#1 May 12, 2008
After the explosion the orange cloud traveled over us. I experienced Nausea, headaches, severe nasal congestions, and dizziness .
The first check received totaled about $148.00, dollars. Yet persons in Mississippi collected $2,300.00, dollars.
I can't understand how the courts or lawyers decide who receives the fair amount of compensation.
This is not fair compensation.
Irene Henry

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2008
This Is a disgrace how we have been taken on this spill they know that chemial causes all sort of medical problems I am not taking this laying down I am going to ask for F.B.I. help to get to the botton of this money have those lawyers check out and that special master too I also Plan to sue my lawyer I am tied of talking to him.Irene
Watcher

New Orleans, LA

#3 Sep 14, 2008
Everyone who took this money will pay threefold. I am so tired of dead beat people wanting a free hand out. That is what is wrong with our society. The few that suffered should be compensated. The rest .... you will answer one day. Enjoy your "free" money cause with the majority of you , it will be gone in very short order.
Aaliayah

United States

#4 Apr 1, 2016
when are we expecting money for bogalusa chemcials?-Aaliayah. Why does it take so long to pay us and its not a free handout.-Thea
Sandykay987

Gadsden, AL

#5 Sep 21, 2016
Aaliayah wrote:
when are we expecting money for bogalusa chemcials?-Aaliayah. Why does it take so long to pay us and its not a free handout.-Thea
Im also wondering about this. Still no answers. My father passed away 10 yrs ago and only recieved a Very small check. I am his heir and also have 5 siblings that this will go to. I thought i read that more funds would be released in September 2016.
We have yet to recieve any answers. And of course it's a Very small amount due to some funds going to lost claims. I wasn't notified of any of this till last yr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bogalusa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate it here (Aug '16) Feb 19 James Deen 3
It's all coming Feb 19 James Deen 2
Over 10,000 FEMA trailers (full-size) in Hope. ... (Feb '06) Feb 12 hwcotnam 125
Landers and Margie Roberts (Nov '11) Jan '17 Susie 5
Moving to Franklinton. (Sep '08) Dec '16 Bouncer 26
searching Nov '16 looking 1
trick or treating Oct '16 LooLooMagooHoo 1

Bogalusa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bogalusa Mortgages