Lake Isabella community stunned over ...

Lake Isabella community stunned over toddler death

There are 16 comments on the KGET-TV story from Jan 14, 2013, titled Lake Isabella community stunned over toddler death. In it, KGET-TV reports that:

Pictures of the toddler Sophialynn Taylor are all over her mother, Amanda Reese's, Facebook page.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGET-TV.

Valleydweller

Phelan, CA

#1 Jan 14, 2013
What a damn shame. Poor little baby girl. You can best believe it was not an accident when the boyfriend is charged with 1st degree murder.
Will these women ever learn about leaving their babies and young children with their boyfriends!
It happens way too often.
Jared Ramirez didn't even bother calling 911 after injuring the tot in the head to where she threw up, and shortly afterward died!
He will get his just desserts very soon. No bail for this punk.
Father is a piece

Huntington Beach, CA

#3 Jan 15, 2013
I agree both these people should be in jail and throw the father in jail with them. Piece of shit hasn't seen his baby sense thanksgiving? What about Christmas. All these people are trash. In fact 90% of the people who live in the kern river valley are trash. We should take the few good ones out and bomb that shit hole.
FROM KERN VALLEY

Arroyo Grande, CA

#5 Jan 15, 2013
excuse me but not everyone from lake Isabella r pieces of shit that's where i'm from and i know plenty of great ppl from the valley, as someone who is actually truly hurt over this unlike you ppl who don't even know these people, i actually knew Sophia i was raised in school with her mother and her mother is not a bad person you don't think she feels guilty enough for what happened? u all need to just shut your mouths. no one knows what truly happened.specially you ppl judging ppl you don't even know u act like you've never gone out in your life and had a drink.
Ur trash too

Huntington Beach, CA

#6 Jan 15, 2013
Yeah I actually was raised in kern valley and know her older brother. I don't doubt she loved her baby but there was definitely miscare for the child otherwise she wouldn't be dead. Baby's are very fragile and that's a well known fact! So you have to be careful otherwise there is neglect. I may not agree with the murder charge but she needs to be charged with some sort of neglect. Baby's don't just die. Someone fucks up somewhere and that's how it happens. People need to be help responsible.
From kern valley

Arroyo Grande, CA

#10 Jan 17, 2013
guest wrote:
did anyone know she was pregnant again?? Feb 5th of last year, she posted it on Facebook. what happened to that baby??
She had a miscarriage, and I agree with u that she probably should be charged with something maybe neglect but I don't think she is a bad mother because she went out, maybe her choice of babysitter but not every single mother specially young mothers know that throwing up is a sign of a concussion you gunna take your kid to the doctors every time he/she throws up? But honestly I do believe Amanda isn't reacting how a normal mother would after losing a child.. She doesn't seem as hurt as she should be
From kern valley

Arroyo Grande, CA

#13 Jan 20, 2013
It's all been confusing to me.. I mean idk what to think. Her Facebook status the day after Sophia's death was that the whole thing was an accident then at her manorial she was telling ppl "don't leave your kids with strangers cuz what happened to me can happen to anyone"
Valleydweller

Phelan, CA

#14 Jan 21, 2013
I agree with most of the comments here. Any mother who cared for her baby would be devastated by the death their innocent baby.:(
I also do not think any decent or good mom would leave their baby (especially a baby girl) with some guy they just recently met!
You hear too many tragic news stories about them being abused, molested, and killed, by a mom's current live-in boyfriend.
I do not think 22 is too young to NOT know better than to take their baby to the ER, as well as leaving their baby with some virtual stranger!
There are millions of females younger than 22 who have tots, and never go out partying.
My niece in fact, had 4 children by that age and was newly divorced.
All her babies were babysat while she worked, and only the Grandmother, and her older childless sister,(on her days off from work) ever babysat for her.
I sure hope Jared Ramirez gets at least 25 to life. As for Amanda, I feel that she should also be held accountable for negligence, and allowing the abuse to happen.
She reported to the KVS in an update- in regards to previous injuries to Sophialynn- an incredibly unbelievable story about how Sophia had been injured twice before by Jared.
One crazy story was how a dog bumped into Jared when he was holding Sophia, which caused Sophia to bump her head on the bricks of the fireplace!
The other equally mind blowing story was Sophia had fallen asleep standing up and she fell and hit her head!! WTF!!
These 2 prior events happened while jerk Jared was "babysitting."
Ahhh, get a clue! Would a normal caring mother leave her child, let alone a young 1 year old with an "accident prone" boyfriend?
Hell, if my pet was harmed twice while I was running errands, I sure wouldn't leave my pet with that person again!
What a damn shame that beautiful baby girl's very short life had to end in such tragedy.:(
~RIP~ Sophialynn
unknown

Delano, CA

#15 Jan 21, 2013
I also know Amanda and Sophia.....I dont understand what happened. All I know is Sophia was a beautiful lil girl that i just so happened to take care of as if my own...i no longer talk to sophias mother or family member but i want to send them my sympathy....i broke down in tear in the middle of the road to hear of this tragedy.....sophia babygirl you will never be forgotten....love you sophialynn marie taylor
From Kern Valley

New York, NY

#16 Jan 23, 2013
Iam so glad there I'm not the only one who this this whole story is fishy. Amanda was always going out leaving her baby with anyone who would watch her so she could party. She had a differnet guy every week before this happened she posted on her faecbook who she loved this jared guy. I find it funnt that dame night ahe also posted how depressed she was how her life sucked bshe wanted to get away from where she was living. A couple of hours later she went to the bar. That post is now deleted weird I think. She knew what was going on. I find it disturbing how she is acting like nothing has happened she's still goin out horse back riding to the bowling alley smiling having a good old time like she doesn't care that her only babys been murdered what a sick human being. Shes not a mother and nerver should have been one. I feel so sorry for that baby girl what she had to go through before her life was taken for no reason. Amanda should feel ashamed of her self like hello don't worry about if your charges are going to he droped worry about what happened to your child. She should he sitting in jail also she is just as guilty. Makes me sick!!!!!
Valleydweller

Phelan, CA

#18 Jan 24, 2013
I'm glad to see that the ones who thought Amanda was completely faultless, are beginning to see things in a different light.
Actions speak louder than words, and judging by Amanda's latest actions- are very telling indeed!
Guest, I agree that more and more are, as you wrote> "...finally seeing the other side of Amanda!!!"
noone knows

Bakersfield, CA

#19 Jan 26, 2013
For all you people who think they know what happened really don't, no one does but the people there. I personally know Jared Ramirez and know that he would never ever do anything like this. They are twisting all of his words around and making it seem as if he did something wrong. Amanda needs to get her story straight because it keeps changing; first they said she wasn't home, then they said she was asleep and now they are saying she was there. Why didn't she call 911 or do CPR? Jared was the one doing both by himself. Now does that sound to you like someone who would hurt a baby, someone who caused her life to be taken away. I am deeply sorry that the baby had died because no parent deserves to be without their children. It saddens everyone to see a young child's taken away.

The truth is going to come out people and when it does, Amanda is going to be the one sitting behind bars and not the out partying all the time. The first day she got out of jail she was on Facebook. Obviously not suffering the loss of her child. Smh!!!!

Stay strong Jared!!!!!
From Kern Valley

Lake Isabella, CA

#20 Jan 27, 2013
noone knows wrote:
For all you people who think they know what happened really don't, no one does but the people there. I personally know Jared Ramirez and know that he would never ever do anything like this. They are twisting all of his words around and making it seem as if he did something wrong. Amanda needs to get her story straight because it keeps changing; first they said she wasn't home, then they said she was asleep and now they are saying she was there. Why didn't she call 911 or do CPR? Jared was the one doing both by himself. Now does that sound to you like someone who would hurt a baby, someone who caused her life to be taken away. I am deeply sorry that the baby had died because no parent deserves to be without their children. It saddens everyone to see a young child's taken away.
The truth is going to come out people and when it does, Amanda is going to be the one sitting behind bars and not the out partying all the time. The first day she got out of jail she was on Facebook. Obviously not suffering the loss of her child. Smh!!!!
Stay strong Jared!!!!!
Jared confessed he killed the baby he aslo said this is not the first time abusing her. They are both guilty for the death of that baby it really sickens me that someone could take an innocent life. For amanda she makes me sick she don't give a fuck about notjing but her self she will het hers she better watch her back around this town Karmas going to hit that disgusting human being real good
noone knows

Bakersfield, CA

#21 Jan 28, 2013
From Kern Valley wrote:
<quoted text>
Jared confessed he killed the baby he aslo said this is not the first time abusing her. They are both guilty for the death of that baby it really sickens me that someone could take an innocent life. For amanda she makes me sick she don't give a fuck about notjing but her self she will het hers she better watch her back around this town Karmas going to hit that disgusting human being real good
I know that they are saying that he did confess but I won't believe that until everyone knows the truth. I'm just waiting for the REAL story to come out.
Hatebabykillers

Phelan, CA

#22 Jan 28, 2013
Ohhhh....wait until you hear the latest "story" about what happened!
It gets worse, and only Jared could possibly be involved.
As much as Amanda has done and is also to blame, this latest "story" that has not come out yet, could not possibly have been done by Amanda- because she was not there- among OTHER reasons- I don't think you'll even try to blame Amanda to be involved in this revelation that hopefully will soon come to light. ;)
From Kern Valley

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Jan 28, 2013
Hatebabykillers wrote:
As much as Amanda has done and is also to blame, this latest "story" that has not come out yet, could not possibly have been done by Amanda- because she was not there- among OTHER reasons- I don't think you'll even try to blame Amanda to be involved in this revelation that hopefully will soon come to light. ;)
Whats the story?
noone knows

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Feb 1, 2013
Hatebabykillers wrote:
What's the story now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bodfish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fireworks displays in Kern County (Jun '11) Jul 4 Disappointed 13
fire Jul 2 john 1
How are we supposed to communicate with this fi... Jun 26 hobbs nm 2
News 80 homes burned, 1,500 threatened in 'extremely... Jun '16 Blackbutler 2
a good quote! Jun '16 hobbs nm 2
News Fallen giant sequoia a dilemma for Forest Service (Nov '11) Jun '16 good sence 3
looking for lisa wagers (Aug '15) Jun '16 plt 5

Bodfish Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bodfish Mortgages