Palm Beach County: Drunken-driving dragnet results in seven arr...

A DUI task force operating in central Palm Beach County netted seven drunken-driving arrests and issued more than 200 traffic citations during a saturation patrol Friday night and early Saturday morning. Full Story
Sheela

Hollywood, FL

#2 Feb 24, 2008
Good job, glad they got these idiots off the road. Too bad they didn't get this guy in time:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbe...

And for anyone who will complain that the cops have better things to do than track down drunk drivers, try explaining that to this guy's parents.

Ever been hit by a drunk driver on I-95? I have. I was driving the speed limit and staying in the middle lane, this guy just came flying out of nowhere and slammed into me. If there were enough cops, his erratic driving would have been noticed. I just wish there were more cops to patrol the roads, and the penalties were even higher.
Slow Night

Boynton Beach, FL

#3 Feb 24, 2008
A task force of 42 officers in a 6 hour period only nets7 DUI arrests on a Friday night in Palm Beach County. That does not sound like a good return on investment for overtime pay tax dollars to me. How many DUI arrests do these officers make on a normal Friday night? These numbers mean that 6 officers were required to get each single DUI arrest(6 officers x 7 DUI arrests = 42 officers on overtime pay). Having 1 out of 6 officers make a DUI arrest on a 6 hour saturation patrol is not really that effective. You KNOW there were way more drunks out there than that! And to print an article like this action was a huge success? PLEASE!! I don't know how 42 people stayed awake on this operation. The event must have been catered!
Florida Cracker

Lake Worth, FL

#4 Feb 25, 2008
Slow Night wrote:
A task force of 42 officers in a 6 hour period only nets7 DUI arrests on a Friday night in Palm Beach County. That does not sound like a good return on investment for overtime pay tax dollars to me. How many DUI arrests do these officers make on a normal Friday night? These numbers mean that 6 officers were required to get each single DUI arrest(6 officers x 7 DUI arrests = 42 officers on overtime pay). Having 1 out of 6 officers make a DUI arrest on a 6 hour saturation patrol is not really that effective. You KNOW there were way more drunks out there than that! And to print an article like this action was a huge success? PLEASE!! I don't know how 42 people stayed awake on this operation. The event must have been catered!
I agree there should have bnee a lot more arrests.
Maybe it was catered by Dunkin Doniuts? lol.
Anna

Hollywood, FL

#5 Aug 27, 2012
I'm grateful it was at least six!! Including Palm Beach Public Elementarys School Principal, Sharon Robinson Stevens! This is a shame
that so many young lives are influenced on a daily basis by this type of individual. Surely, the District will get this poor soul some help before her retirement. But what about our children? This saddens me the most. We should always remember her famous words,”for the best interests of the children”.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boca Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mitchell calvin carnivale (Dec '12) 6 hr info4U 6
Kelly Sands-Vincente 10 hr Eyes Of The Law 1
adt fraud 19 hr Fraud Stopper 2
the music thread (Mar '12) 22 hr RuffnReddy 22
k3vr (Aug '08) Fri UnofficialObserver 19
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Thu YO VINNIE 1,091
Review: G8 Van Lines Thu Conrad Parks 20
Boca Raton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web