should christians vote for a morman

should christians vote for a morman

Posted in the Boca Raton Forum

desparado

Tacoma, WA

#1 Jul 6, 2012
Mormons believe the following about God: He has not always been the Supreme Being of the universe, but attained that status through righteous living and persistent effort. They believe God the Father has a “body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s.” Though abandoned by modern Mormon leaders, Brigham Young taught that Adam actually was God and the father of Jesus Christ. In contrast, Christians know this about God: there is only one true God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6-8), He always has existed and always will exist (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalm 90:2; 1 Timothy 1:17), and He was not created but is the Creator (Genesis 1; Psalm 24:1; Isaiah 37:16). He is perfect, and no one else is equal to Him (Psalm 86:8; Isaiah 40:25). God the Father is not a man, nor was He ever (Numbers 23:19; 1 Samuel 15:29; Hosea 11:9). He is Spirit (John 4:24), and Spirit is not made of flesh and bone (Luke 24:39).
Revtim

United States

#2 Jul 16, 2012
I'm no fan of Romney, and will not vote for him, but let's try to keep religion out of politics.

He was taught to believe his weird stuff as a kid, we were taught our weird stuff. And yes, your beliefs are weird to non Christians. A god who sacrificed his son (who was also himself) to himself to change rules he himself made? Sorry, it's weird.
desparado

Tacoma, WA

#3 Jul 18, 2012
I'M sorry I can't ignore my GOD just because you or anyone thinks it's weird.
I saw a pole a few days ago that said even 25% on non Christians would not vote for romney because he in the mormon cult. So it's not only Christians who are worried about cults.
Revtim

United States

#4 Jul 18, 2012
I didn't say you should ignore anything. I was just trying to make the point that lots of people believe different things, and they all look weird to people not of that faith.

If you expect people to respect your beliefs, shouldn't you respect *their* beliefs?

And Romney isn't running for pastor-in-chief, he is running for President. Presidents do not have the power to change how you worship, so it doesn't matter what crazy faith they had the misfortune to grow up in.

But hey, I'd rather have another Obama term than Romney as president, so if his Mormonism stops people from voting for him, it's not in my self interest to defend him. So I'll stop now.

Don't vote for that cult-follower Romney! He'll wear magic underwear in the White House and posthumously baptize your ancestors in the Washington Monument Reflecting Pool!
desparado

Tacoma, WA

#5 Jul 18, 2012
have a nice day my friend i have enjoyed our short tals i will try and be more senitive to others
take care
Laszlo Csatary

Dallas, TX

#6 Jul 18, 2012
desparado wrote:
I saw a pole a few days ago
was this posted on a telephone pole or just a pole standing without any noticeable purpose?
Revtim

United States

#7 Jul 20, 2012
desparado wrote:
have a nice day my friend i have enjoyed our short tals i will try and be more senitive to others
take care
You too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boca Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: The Country Club Directory 6 hr jackie lee 12
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Mon YO VINNIE 1,561
News FAU students riled as professor blames slavery ... Apr 15 C Kersey 2
the music thread (Mar '12) Apr 14 Musikologist 27
News Stormy Daniels to appear at South Florida strip... Apr 13 Miami Mike 4
n1fm (Jul '08) Apr 3 Not M-Fer Tom 2
News Florida prosecutor Dave Aronberg sees parallels... Mar 27 wildbird 1

Boca Raton Jobs

Personal Finance

Boca Raton Mortgages