A change in practice - The Manchester...

A change in practice - The Manchester Journal

There are 8 comments on the The Manchester Journal story from Sep 21, 2011, titled A change in practice - The Manchester Journal. In it, The Manchester Journal reports that:

At the end of December, Dr. Keith Michl will be joining the medical practice MDVIP - a move that will change his business model and reduce the number of his patients by about 75 percent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Manchester Journal.

Samantha Reinslen

Arlington, VT

#1 Sep 21, 2011
I hope stranding 1,400 patients is worth the extra riches.
Deb Taft-ambrozaitis

Belmont, MA

#2 Sep 22, 2011
I'm in!! To good of a Dr. to lose!
Katy

Bennington, VT

#3 Sep 22, 2011
Ive been trying to see a doctor at the Manchester branch of Southern Vermont Medical Center but they have not been accepting new patients for over 4 months now - despite ads in local papers touting the addition of new doctors to their staff. Unfortunately, they are the only local practice that accepts our insurance plan.)

So, to the 1,400 people who may be left out in the cold by this Doctor's decision - best of luck to all of you!
Randy Burt

Lincolnville, ME

#4 Sep 22, 2011
The man is a cash grubbing bullshit artist and I hope to send you a formal letter about this matter.
Randy Burt

Lincolnville, ME

#5 Sep 22, 2011
Despite the ****'s add/deleted to my comment, bulls do defecate!
Keith Wyman

Arlington, VT

#6 Sep 22, 2011
I am a current patient of Dr. Michl's as is my father. We can not afford $1500.00/ year each. Also after doing some research that $1500.00 is broke down to a $500.00 per patient franchise fee that is paid to MDVIP and Dr. Michls keeps $1000.00 or $600,000.00 per year for his practice. The patient that were surveyed and responded positivly for other Doctors are probably upper income level patients and can 'afford" the best that money can buy. The best terminology I came across in my research for this "new" business model is "Concierge Doctor" . I wish Dr. Michls the best in his future business. I Know for myself and my family this was not the best course of action for my medical needs.
Randy Burt

Lincolnville, ME

#7 Sep 23, 2011
That's $900,000 income even before treating a patient!
Shirefox

Manchester Center, VT

#8 Oct 16, 2011
Katy wrote:
Ive been trying to see a doctor at the Manchester branch of Southern Vermont Medical Center but they have not been accepting new patients for over 4 months now - despite ads in local papers touting the addition of new doctors to their staff. Unfortunately, they are the only local practice that accepts our insurance plan.)
So, to the 1,400 people who may be left out in the cold by this Doctor's decision - best of luck to all of you!
I did not hesitate to seek a new internist immediately. This $1500 out of pocket in addition to private insurance and Medicare costs not to mention prescription costs is outrageous. All this for a prompt appointment and on call service...every year? Even personal house calls couldn't justify the cost. Bye bye Doc...hope his office staff will continue to have jobs after his practice dissolves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boca Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Fri YO VINNIE 1,395
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jun '16) Feb 16 Anonymous 60
Is Delray Beach a nice place to live? (Jan '10) Feb 15 socorrupt 100
Do NOT buy from KD's Auto Sales in Margate (Aug '11) Feb 13 tden 16
News Pompano Beach: Boy, 6, dies from injuries in tw... (Aug '07) Feb 9 FYI 26
News Florida woman arrested after allegedly smearing... (Mar '15) Feb 8 Phart Ten 13
girls how many family members have you had sex ... (Nov '15) Feb 8 Arce 11

Boca Raton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boca Raton Mortgages