Since: May 09

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Does anyone know if Trader jacks Bar is still open on A1A between Pompano Beach & Fort Lauderdale.? I used to spend a lot of time there back in 1980 with my good friend Darrell Jones had some good times there have seen him since. Me and big Mike came down from Cincinnati to florida to live for awhile back then if anyone knows Darrell please let me know.

Since: May 09

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

haven't seen him since I meant to say.
Beanie

Waterville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale & knew Trader Jack's well. My fav. bar to sneak into with a fake ID! Music was too old for me at the time but my best friend Kathryn & I loved it anyway. Guess we knew the songs from our parents. Sadly, it was torn down in the early 80s & turned into a used car lot. Don't know what it is now. Never knew what happened to all the staff either, they were all pretty close. Many years later I ran into Ron aka Bear who was a bouncer there for years. He was all domesticated & running a landscaping dept. at a hospital in Boynton Bch. He's since died :(
joe

Udon Thani, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

i spent alot of time ther in the mid to late 70's.
left florida in 78, but trader jack was a cool memory
Darlene Romani

Cheyenne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

My girlfriend (Sandi Reinhart) and I spent many, many nights in T.J.'s. Wonderful memories! The best people and the best music. Does anyone remember the D.J.- I think his last name was Strausberger. Then of course there was Arnie - I think he was a mailman. And Kurt - another regular. I remember sitting at the end of the bar playing "air" instruments and singing to the great music! So sorry to hear about Bear.
Joe coppola

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Darlene Romani wrote:
My girlfriend (Sandi Reinhart) and I spent many, many nights in T.J.'s. Wonderful memories! The best people and the best music. Does anyone remember the D.J.- I think his last name was Strausberger. Then of course there was Arnie - I think he was a mailman. And Kurt - another regular. I remember sitting at the end of the bar playing "air" instruments and
singing to the great music! So sorry to hear about Bear.
Just to let you know I was the D.J. From 1979 to 84 ...with Teddy and Boozer...We closed the doors in June of 84'..Traders nothing but great times and fun people......Oh and I see Kurt all the time in lives in Hollywood Fl....Joe..
Joe coppola

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Darlene I was the D.J. at trader jacks from 79 to 84 ..We shut the doors on june 25 1984...And Kurt still lives in Hollywood fl..Talk to him everyday..It was a great place ....Fantastic people and good times.....Hope all is well...J.C.
Beachbum

Annandale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Does anyone remember Scotty Kendig from Trader Jack's? He was a great friend. Northerner turned Florida guy.
aqua blue

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

GO FINS!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

I miss a bar called, Montego Bay, from Oakland Park and US1, i think...we still go down to Mai Kai occasionally, it never disappoints....
Adriane Schatz

Eustis, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

I downed many a shot of tequila at Trader Jack's in the late '70's. The DJ, Condor, used to call me up to the stand whenever he played "Tequila" by The Champs & had a shot waiting. I remember Bear, Buzzy behind the bar, blonde hair and tan Scott. Mike the bouncer was also a bartender at Red's bar in Wilton Manors. Good Times......
Ralph Tucci

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Moved to Ft Lauderdale in 77 from NY .Great tiki Bar with this being a time when Happy Days ,Richie and the Fonz was popular me and my greaser friends loved hearing the golden oldies D.J. bobby played.I see Joe Coppola has a blog on here! Did you work at EXXON on fed Hwy next to Pierce Street Annex? Maybe the Joe that did the Elvis Jail House Rock GIG\? Any body knew Larry Quale that hung out there?,he also work at Exxon .I saw Bobby once at Mickey Rates in Hollywood as a D J then heard he was kill in a car wreck RIP.I have a few great pics of TRADER'S .I live in Marietta G.A. since 91 but always stay in lauderdale by the sea when I come down. Town still looks great no hugh condo's,village pump and the square looks great .Thanks for the memories to all my NY friends and the suffer dudes too. We all had a Blast!!
B Kennedy

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

My friends and I worked at Sam Jollies Plumbing.. Every Friday nite after work we went to TJ's. Drinking and dancing during spring break will always be one of my favorite memory's. The bartenders where the best. J.T.was my boy. Banana Boomers for everyone!!!!!
Blondie1966

Franklin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Post the pix - would be fun to see "back in the day" - ahhh - the seventies and eighties!
Joe S

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 22

I remember it well! Oldie but goodie place! Ron (Bear) whom was a bouncer was a friend of mine back then and he use to do a show once in a while there with a group. They called themselves "Little Darlings and the complaint dept" if I remember right. The building had the tiki hut roof look on the front. Had many a good times there! RIP Ron

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Boca Raton Forum right now

Search the Boca Raton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 11 min TESTER 238761 2,930
k3vr (Aug '08) 4 hr Ghost of Makler 7
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) 19 hr Trivia2 984
Review: Vista Publishing Mon Ray 3
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 27 P Quinn 2,402
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Jul 26 The Villager 2 2,065
Carol knappchuek (Katrina) Jul 24 marty massie 1
•••
•••
•••
Boca Raton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Boca Raton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••