Trader Jacks on A1A
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 09

United States

#1 Aug 4, 2009
Does anyone know if Trader jacks Bar is still open on A1A between Pompano Beach & Fort Lauderdale.? I used to spend a lot of time there back in 1980 with my good friend Darrell Jones had some good times there have seen him since. Me and big Mike came down from Cincinnati to florida to live for awhile back then if anyone knows Darrell please let me know.

Since: May 09

London, KY

#2 Aug 4, 2009
haven't seen him since I meant to say.
Beanie

Waterville, OH

#3 Nov 17, 2011
I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale & knew Trader Jack's well. My fav. bar to sneak into with a fake ID! Music was too old for me at the time but my best friend Kathryn & I loved it anyway. Guess we knew the songs from our parents. Sadly, it was torn down in the early 80s & turned into a used car lot. Don't know what it is now. Never knew what happened to all the staff either, they were all pretty close. Many years later I ran into Ron aka Bear who was a bouncer there for years. He was all domesticated & running a landscaping dept. at a hospital in Boynton Bch. He's since died :(
joe

Udon Thani, Thailand

#4 Jan 10, 2012
i spent alot of time ther in the mid to late 70's.
left florida in 78, but trader jack was a cool memory
Darlene Romani

Casper, WY

#5 Apr 24, 2012
My girlfriend (Sandi Reinhart) and I spent many, many nights in T.J.'s. Wonderful memories! The best people and the best music. Does anyone remember the D.J.- I think his last name was Strausberger. Then of course there was Arnie - I think he was a mailman. And Kurt - another regular. I remember sitting at the end of the bar playing "air" instruments and singing to the great music! So sorry to hear about Bear.
Joe coppola

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2012
Darlene Romani wrote:
My girlfriend (Sandi Reinhart) and I spent many, many nights in T.J.'s. Wonderful memories! The best people and the best music. Does anyone remember the D.J.- I think his last name was Strausberger. Then of course there was Arnie - I think he was a mailman. And Kurt - another regular. I remember sitting at the end of the bar playing "air" instruments and
singing to the great music! So sorry to hear about Bear.
Just to let you know I was the D.J. From 1979 to 84 ...with Teddy and Boozer...We closed the doors in June of 84'..Traders nothing but great times and fun people......Oh and I see Kurt all the time in lives in Hollywood Fl....Joe..
Joe coppola

United States

#7 Aug 2, 2012
Darlene I was the D.J. at trader jacks from 79 to 84 ..We shut the doors on june 25 1984...And Kurt still lives in Hollywood fl..Talk to him everyday..It was a great place ....Fantastic people and good times.....Hope all is well...J.C.
Beachbum

Newton, NJ

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Does anyone remember Scotty Kendig from Trader Jack's? He was a great friend. Northerner turned Florida guy.
aqua blue

Hollywood, FL

#9 Dec 14, 2012
GO FINS!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Dec 15, 2012
I miss a bar called, Montego Bay, from Oakland Park and US1, i think...we still go down to Mai Kai occasionally, it never disappoints....
Adriane Schatz

Mount Dora, FL

#11 May 15, 2013
I downed many a shot of tequila at Trader Jack's in the late '70's. The DJ, Condor, used to call me up to the stand whenever he played "Tequila" by The Champs & had a shot waiting. I remember Bear, Buzzy behind the bar, blonde hair and tan Scott. Mike the bouncer was also a bartender at Red's bar in Wilton Manors. Good Times......
Ralph Tucci

AOL

#12 Feb 12, 2014
Moved to Ft Lauderdale in 77 from NY .Great tiki Bar with this being a time when Happy Days ,Richie and the Fonz was popular me and my greaser friends loved hearing the golden oldies D.J. bobby played.I see Joe Coppola has a blog on here! Did you work at EXXON on fed Hwy next to Pierce Street Annex? Maybe the Joe that did the Elvis Jail House Rock GIG\? Any body knew Larry Quale that hung out there?,he also work at Exxon .I saw Bobby once at Mickey Rates in Hollywood as a D J then heard he was kill in a car wreck RIP.I have a few great pics of TRADER'S .I live in Marietta G.A. since 91 but always stay in lauderdale by the sea when I come down. Town still looks great no hugh condo's,village pump and the square looks great .Thanks for the memories to all my NY friends and the suffer dudes too. We all had a Blast!!
B Kennedy

Jupiter, FL

#13 Mar 12, 2014
My friends and I worked at Sam Jollies Plumbing.. Every Friday nite after work we went to TJ's. Drinking and dancing during spring break will always be one of my favorite memory's. The bartenders where the best. J.T.was my boy. Banana Boomers for everyone!!!!!
Blondie1966

Sparta, NJ

#14 May 16, 2014
Post the pix - would be fun to see "back in the day" - ahhh - the seventies and eighties!
Joe S

Miami, FL

#15 Jul 22, 2014
I remember it well! Oldie but goodie place! Ron (Bear) whom was a bouncer was a friend of mine back then and he use to do a show once in a while there with a group. They called themselves "Little Darlings and the complaint dept" if I remember right. The building had the tiki hut roof look on the front. Had many a good times there! RIP Ron
A clary

Tampa, FL

#17 Oct 25, 2014
I am a few years late reading this, and I just happened to stumble into this page when my mother asked me if I knew whether or not a bar my late father used to managed a while back was still open or not. She finally figured out it was Trader Jacks.. So I was wondering if any of you knew harold( Hal, Harry)
dinwiddie6

Elkton, FL

#18 Nov 28, 2014
A clary wrote:
I am a few years late reading this, and I just happened to stumble into this page when my mother asked me if I knew whether or not a bar my late father used to managed a while back was still open or not. She finally figured out it was Trader Jacks.. So I was wondering if any of you knew harold( Hal, Harry)
Knew and worked for Hal at Trader Jacks.. Bounced, DJ (with Boozer, Kenny Mark) Remember manager was Doug. Great place...I met my wife there!! My name is Jerry Dinwiddie, What a wonderful experience
Larry Queale

Bronx, NY

#19 Mar 8, 2015
Ralph Tucci wrote:
Moved to Ft Lauderdale in 77 from NY .Great tiki Bar with this being a time when Happy Days ,Richie and the Fonz was popular me and my greaser friends loved hearing the golden oldies D.J. bobby played.I see Joe Coppola has a blog on here! Did you work at EXXON on fed Hwy next to Pierce Street Annex? Maybe the Joe that did the Elvis Jail House Rock GIG\? Any body knew Larry Quale that hung out there?,he also work at Exxon .I saw Bobby once at Mickey Rates in Hollywood as a D J then heard he was kill in a car wreck RIP.I have a few great pics of TRADER'S .I live in Marietta G.A. since 91 but always stay in lauderdale by the sea when I come down. Town still looks great no hugh condo's,village pump and the square looks great .Thanks for the memories to all my NY friends and the suffer dudes too. We all had a Blast!!
Hey CJ what's happening long time, still here
Curt

Tampa, FL

#20 Mar 28, 2015
Darlene Romani wrote:
My girlfriend (Sandi Reinhart) and I spent many, many nights in T.J.'s. Wonderful memories! The best people and the best music. Does anyone remember the D.J.- I think his last name was Strausberger. Then of course there was Arnie - I think he was a mailman. And Kurt - another regular. I remember sitting at the end of the bar playing "air" instruments and singing to the great music! So sorry to hear about Bear.
Yea, hung out there a lot.... Curt. Was on the Laud by the Sea PD
Robert

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 Apr 18, 2015
I use to call It the poor man's Mai Kai . Does anybody remember the singer Eddie Mellow and a girl bartender named Blue??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boca Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dan l dailey sexts teen boys (Jan '14) Tue Morehead 9
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Nov 28 YO VINNIE 1,377
News William Berger leaving Palm Beach County circui... (Mar '08) Nov 26 been there 12
Review: Dixie Cycle (Jun '09) Nov 23 john Doe 13
News Alison Bernstein Charged With DUI In Boca Raton Nov 18 billysnead 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing Nov '16 chatami 51
News Palm Beach County: Two men shot outside strip c... (Oct '07) Oct '16 Telmah 81

Boca Raton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boca Raton Mortgages