Former state Rep. Irv Slosberg isn't ...

Former state Rep. Irv Slosberg isn't saying if he plans to retu...

There are 35 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 2, 2008, titled Former state Rep. Irv Slosberg isn't saying if he plans to retu.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Will Irv serve? Throughout south Palm Beach County , political observers and seniors familiar with former state Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sardine breath

Monomoy Island, MA

#21 Jun 4, 2008
irv snozilla is a oft mis-understood carpetbagger,,,we should give this gypsy vacumn cleaner salesman the benefit of the doubt ....in spite of the rumors of his originally being from new york.....Also,,we all look forward to the inevitable ... All items 50 per cent off,,, three for a dollar....all sales final!!!...
Hard Eight Larry

Jersey City, NJ

#22 Jun 6, 2008
Let Irv Serve!!!!
Hard Eight Larry

Jersey City, NJ

#23 Jun 6, 2008
Let Irv Serve!!!
Homer

Boca Raton, FL

#24 Jun 9, 2008
Hard Eight Larry wrote:
Let Irv Serve!!!
In prison?

This clown doesn't belong.
CHARLOTTE BEASLEY

AOL

#25 Jun 15, 2008
I spoke to Irv Slossberg the other day and asked him if indeed he is going to run and he said he will file his paperwork on Tuesday.

He told me he looked forward to being my opponent in November. Irv jumping into the race will definitely make it one of the most exciting races in Palm Beach County.

I too will file my paperwork on Tuesday and if indeed Irv is my challenger in November, I too look forward to the race. Charlotte Linderman Beasley, Candidate for Palm Beach County Commissioner, Dist.#5.
CHARLOTTE BEASLEY

AOL

#26 Jun 15, 2008
Dear Truth Squad. I have many issues against my opposition, Burt
Aaronson much more than the ice issue.
There is the $50 million Dollars that Commissioners are spending in these bad times to build new office space for themselves that I am totally against.

There is the $40 million Dollar West Boca Golf Course that us as taxpayer's are paying for and it is not built due to enviromental permits. Which incidentally is costing us millions of dollars a year to water in a time when water is so precious.

There is the issue of the Lyons Road road to nowhere that Burt and the rest of the Commissioner's approved that gives his friends at GL Homes
a road at taxpayer's expense.

And there are many other issues including the red light photo cameras, building in the Ag Reserve, etc.

Do come out and here for yourself the next time I debate Burt. I took him to task over the scandal and corruption amongst the two Commissioner's that are now in jail at our last debate. Charlotte Beasley
Truth Squad

AOL

#27 Jun 15, 2008
CHARLOTTE BEASLEY wrote:
Dear Truth Squad. I have many issues against my opposition, Burt
Aaronson much more than the ice issue.
There is the $50 million Dollars that Commissioners are spending in these bad times to build new office space for themselves that I am totally against.
There is the $40 million Dollar West Boca Golf Course that us as taxpayer's are paying for and it is not built due to enviromental permits. Which incidentally is costing us millions of dollars a year to water in a time when water is so precious.
There is the issue of the Lyons Road road to nowhere that Burt and the rest of the Commissioner's approved that gives his friends at GL Homes
a road at taxpayer's expense.
And there are many other issues including the red light photo cameras, building in the Ag Reserve, etc.
Do come out and here for yourself the next time I debate Burt. I took him to task over the scandal and corruption amongst the two Commissioner's that are now in jail at our last debate. Charlotte Beasley
That and 25 cents will get you the base Republican vote in the District and a few Independents. The other 65 percent will Let Burt (or Irv) Serve.

“"Don't Worry. We'll Fix It!"”

Since: Jun 07

West Palm Beach, FL

#28 Jun 15, 2008
I'd rather have Irv than Aaronson but I don't think much of either one of them. Aaronson has feathred his nest for long enough. He's in the develpoers back pocket. Of the two, I say

Let Irv serve!
CHARLOTTE BEASLEY

AOL

#29 Jun 18, 2008
The "few" independents you speak of is the base I am going after. People who are fed up with politicians who have been in power as long as dictators and fed up with corruption in our county government.

I bring to the table conservative spending in bad times, independent thinking on voting issues, and I will not accept campaign contributions from builders looking for political payback. If this is not what the voting public really wants, so be it....
CHARLOTTE BEASLEY

AOL

#30 Jun 18, 2008
Incidentally there are over 192,000 undecided's or independents in my demographic area.
Truth Squad

AOL

#31 Jun 18, 2008
It doesn't matter what your message is--if no one can hear it because you can't pay for media, especially when all those commercials for all the other candidates running in November are cluttering up the airwaves and mailboxes--then it is still a losing cause.

It is admirable that you will not accept campaign contributions from developers, but there is a name for people like that in political campaigns--loser.
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#32 Jun 18, 2008
I wish this Slosberg guy would just shut up and go away.

His WHOLE SCHTICK is the seat-belt thing, which is just a GUILT TRIP for him because his own daughter wasn't smart enough to wear one, and got killed in a car crash.

I'll tell you something, Mr. Slosberg; there was no law AGAINST your daughter buckling up. And even if there had been a "primary seatbelt law" enabling cops to pull her over for not wearing it, that wouldn't necessarily have saved her. Look at how many millions of drivers don't wear theirs despite it being illegal not to!

Maybe if YOU had instilled some SMARTS in your daughter, she would have been diligent about wearing her seatbelt, like some of us are. I wear mine EVERY time I get into a vehicle.
Homer

Boca Raton, FL

#33 Jun 20, 2008
Justifiably Bellicose wrote:
I wish this Slosberg guy would just shut up and go away.
His WHOLE SCHTICK is the seat-belt thing, which is just a GUILT TRIP for him because his own daughter wasn't smart enough to wear one, and got killed in a car crash.
I'll tell you something, Mr. Slosberg; there was no law AGAINST your daughter buckling up. And even if there had been a "primary seatbelt law" enabling cops to pull her over for not wearing it, that wouldn't necessarily have saved her. Look at how many millions of drivers don't wear theirs despite it being illegal not to!
Maybe if YOU had instilled some SMARTS in your daughter, she would have been diligent about wearing her seatbelt, like some of us are. I wear mine EVERY time I get into a vehicle.
Ouch.
NOT IN MY BACK YARD

AOL

#34 Jul 11, 2008
Stay away
From CHARLOTTE B.
No brains
No friends
A sad case
Truly
hmm

Tampa, FL

#35 Sep 30, 2012
used to live in south florida, the people men and women alike are all idiots/empty airheads I agree... even when they get older (40s and up) and ESPECIALLY when they're younger (teens and 20s) but boy are they gorgeous! South florida back in the day will always be in my heart, now its turning into a complete ghetto, third world country like MESS
How can people stand south florida now?! Its a complete mess in 2012 everything from the economy, crazy people, racism, high crime, drug use....ugh I cringe just thinking about it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boca Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girls how many family members have you had sex ... (Dec '15) 20 hr jhershey2062 33
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Jan 15 YO VINNIE 1,523
oxycodone 30mgs 4 sale (Jun '12) Jan 11 addicts ruined it 6
Broward Removal Service (Sep '08) Dec 30 Frank mcdonnell 25
News Pompano Beach residents can report code violati... (Oct '07) Dec 21 joann alderman 10
Black that raped woman at bus stop Dec 20 Mark v pannella 2
News Coral Springs, Parkland differ on University Dr... (Nov '07) Dec '17 SideLion 47

Boca Raton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boca Raton Mortgages