Former state Rep. Irv Slosberg isn't saying if he plans to retu...

There are 35 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 2, 2008, titled Former state Rep. Irv Slosberg isn't saying if he plans to retu.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Will Irv serve? Throughout south Palm Beach County , political observers and seniors familiar with former state Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OH MY

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Jun 2, 2008
You know I doubted the guy when he ran and last last election, but looking back he really did make some positive changes and has never stopped caring about the people. I am voting for him this time around if he runs, because I know he'll at least make positive changes.
John

AOL

#2 Jun 2, 2008
I hope he runs again. He's one of the few legislatures that really cares about highway safety. The rest only care if a lobbyist is involved!
Das

United States

#3 Jun 3, 2008
Getting paid back for passising laws on Grownups about SEATBELTS...................
Das

United States

#4 Jun 3, 2008
he needs to mind his own business and keep out of others..........
Capitalist Pig

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jun 3, 2008
He lost his election because his personality shined through during the campaign. This is NOT someone we want representing us!
tom

West Palm Beach, FL

#6 Jun 3, 2008
He's exactly what we meed. Free of the special interests. Burt is the poster child of term limits. His time is over.
Jo D

Dania, FL

#7 Jun 3, 2008
Let's keep this train wreck out of public office and our lives.
Homer

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Jun 3, 2008
Capitalist Pig wrote:
He lost his election because his personality shined through during the campaign. This is NOT someone we want representing us!
But thanks for the movie, sandwich and bus ride to the polls!
hmmm

Delray Beach, FL

#9 Jun 3, 2008
slosberg made his career on protecting people against themselves.

He didnt get reelected because people like me were tired of having him create laws which intrude into our private lives.

If someone wants to be a moron and not wear their seatbelt.. so be it... South FLorida is full of idiots and natural selection is welcomed with open arms in this area.
DAS

Miami, FL

#10 Jun 3, 2008
He's a NEOCON FOOL
MURPHY

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Jun 3, 2008
Slosberg will run against and defeat Aaronson the most corrupt commissioner in Palm Beach. Always under investigation and always taking money from lobbyists.Timne to retire the crook.
CHARLOTTE BEASLEY

AOL

#12 Jun 3, 2008
I am the Republican Opponent to Burt Aaronson in the upcoming election for
Palm Beach County Commissioner, Dist. 5. I would be very surprised if Irv Slossbert Did Not jump into our race on June 20th, as I believe this is the surprise he speaks of.

I was in Century Village the day after the hurricane and Irv was there handing out ice and water from a truck...He lead everyone there to believe he donated the ice and water for their benefit.

I attended a seminar at Roy Financial Group and in the brochure it clearly stated that Roy Financial donated the ice and water for Century Village. Irv did not mention this and wanted everyone to think that he donated this...
John

AOL

#13 Jun 3, 2008
Das wrote:
Getting paid back for passising laws on Grownups about SEATBELTS..........
Oh go move to the "Left" coast of this country! Bet your sipping the Obama Kool Aid too?
John

AOL

#14 Jun 3, 2008
hmmm wrote:
slosberg made his career on protecting people against themselves.
He didnt get reelected because people like me were tired of having him create laws which intrude into our private lives.
If someone wants to be a moron and not wear their seatbelt.. so be it... South FLorida is full of idiots and natural selection is welcomed with open arms in this area.
No, not "so be it". They have the choice not to wear their seatbelts and break the law. We don't have a choice as taxpayers of not paying their medical expenses when they are injured and don't have insurance to cover it.

Don't like the seatbelt laws? Then take a bus, they're not required on buses.
Fred

United States

#15 Jun 3, 2008
Aaronson has used his position for personal gain. He is pompous and self-absorbed and through the likes of Hugo Unruh (see Sunday's Post article) has demanded and received favors that he's pocketed.

Go Irv!
janice

Boynton Beach, FL

#16 Jun 3, 2008
i will vote for Irv because he is just soooooo sexy!

Also it does matter to all of us if a person does not wear his seatbelt - if such a person gets seriosuly hurt, it could be 100,000's dollars in medical costs that all of us pay - I know - I work in an ER and see countless people without insurance running up Medicaid bills all the time - you & I - we all pay for that.
svetlana

Pompano Beach, FL

#17 Jun 3, 2008
I agree - Yirving is so sexy - I vote he too

Since: May 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Jun 4, 2008
After viewing this video:
http://youtube.com/watch...

you may change your mind
janice

Boynton Beach, FL

#19 Jun 4, 2008
hey - i view that video as a positive. at least Irv is passionate and not controlled by lobbyists and special interests.
What has Teddy D done other than protect and pad the lawyers and trial bar out there. Irv worked hard to defend the attack upon Florida's doctors from all angles and the subsequent mass exodus.
In fact, I just found out today that my hand surgeon (Dr Zydell) has closed his practice and is moving to Arizona because of the rampant malpractice here and low reimbursement.
Irv tried to help these poor doctors, while Teddy D, Ron Klein, and all the rest of the lawyers just try to bury them.
Truth Squad

AOL

#20 Jun 4, 2008
Everyone knows it is time for a clean sweep of the corrupt county commission--either by elections or by forced resignations. This isn't about Irv. But if the only issue the Republican has is who paid for the ice, then this election needs to be decided in the Democratic primary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boca Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: MB Automotive 7 hr Christina 1
Review: South Florida Introductions 14 hr Scammed Customer 4
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) 19 hr YO VINNIE 1,171
Review: rapid tech support (Jan '14) Wed Sheila Brown 22
lets all make sure dan dailey doesn't destroy m... May 17 Sidney Mann 1
daniel l dailey still not in jail (Mar '13) May 17 William Rather 6
News Deerfield Beach: Shooting suspect claims slayin... (Aug '07) May 17 stone jones 22
More from around the web

Boca Raton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]